Groups
    EXPIRED

My daughter is so amazing!

She is nearly 7 months old and is always rolling, learnt to crawl this week and pull herself up. I'm so proud but gosh it's scary!
    With your babies, how long after crawling and pulling themselves up did they start walking?

30 Comments

I was walking at 6 months.....

could be the fact I was a big baby, born with two teeth lol and greedy

My oldest walked(9 months) before she crawled.

Middle daughter crawled about 6 months, could walk round the furniture but didnt start properly walking about a week before her first birthday.

Youngest was crawling at 6 months same as the middle and again walked a week before his first birthday lol.

choc1969;5166111

I was walking at 6 months.....could be the fact I was a big baby, born … I was walking at 6 months.....could be the fact I was a big baby, born with two teeth lol and greedy

pmsl, my daughter was walking at 10 months, talking gibberish not long after and hasnt stopped since (mind you she does live in Australia now so its nice to hear her saying anything tbh:))

Original Poster

choc1969;5166111

I was walking at 6 months.....could be the fact I was a big baby, born … I was walking at 6 months.....could be the fact I was a big baby, born with two teeth lol and greedy

Lol, two of my daughter's teeth have started coming up too and they hurt!

my 1 year ol;d son was crawling at 6 months & walking at 9 months. my daughter just shuffled everywhere on her bum and was 17 months before she walked

Original Poster

vinylandtrinkets;5166215

my son was 7 months crawling 13 months walking, they grow up sooooo fast

Oh gosh i know! The first 6 months have flown by :-(

8 months my son took his first steps unaided

Was really confident on his feet at 10.5 months
    Walking backwards and running b4 a year.

walking at
    1yr girl
    13 months boy
    9 months boy
    out of nappies
    20 months girl
    28 months boy
    24 months boy
    breastfed
    9 months girl
    16 months boy
    over 4years boy (is 11 now and still infatuated with boobs not mine im pleased to say- lol)

My oldest is 5 and its sad cos I cant really remember when she was smaller and running about the way that the wee man does now.

That happened for anyone else?

Takes but a few days between standing up holding on to furniture to cruising around holding on... exciting time. Make sure you move anything dangerous out of reach! x x

AshleyRFC;5166512

My oldest is 5 and its sad cos I cant really remember when she was … My oldest is 5 and its sad cos I cant really remember when she was smaller and running about the way that the wee man does now.That happened for anyone else?

I know what you mean, but in my situation you remember everything, so i remember the first day she walked and the first day she said "daddy":-D

aww bless my litttle girl was walking at 8 months and you really do need eyes in the back of your head x

Original Poster

Tinkytayls;5166604

aww bless my litttle girl was walking at 8 months and you really do need … aww bless my litttle girl was walking at 8 months and you really do need eyes in the back of your head x

:thumbsup: i know what you mean!

Banned

choc1969;5166111

I was walking at 6 months.....

AshleyRFC;5166131

My oldest walked(9 months) before she crawled.

starsparkle2311;5166185

mine were both up and walking AND climbing by 9-10 months

kassy2005;5166187

my 1 year ol;d son was crawling at 6 months & walking at 9 months.

DIVA1977;5166257

8 months my son took his first steps unaided

Tinkytayls;5166604

aww bless my litttle girl was walking at 8 months

Apparently not that amazing:whistling:

mod

Nothing better than watching your baby develop is there

You have every right to be proud. I have a lad, who has turned 2 recently, and he does something new every day now that amazes me.

Each child/baby is different, but no less fantastic.

You wait till she's walking. LOL. Within weeks you'll be longing for when she could only crawl.

She'll be everywhere

what clever kids you lot have,my 2 must have been the slowest, one walked at 15 mths the other 16mths.

flowers172;5166843

what clever kids you lot have,my 2 must have been the slowest, one walked … what clever kids you lot have,my 2 must have been the slowest, one walked at 15 mths the other 16mths.

nope, two of mine were after 12 months too x

My eldest walked at 11 months, ( I mean unaided and without any help or support ) my second at about 13 months, the third just after her first birthday and the last at 11 months, so dont feel bad x x

All kids develop differently.

My eldest was talking in sentences long before his first birthday, my second was well over two and a half before she spoke and then she did so in sentences right from the off. She always has been difficult! lol

clondikemike;5166583

I know what you mean, but in my situation you remember everything, so i … I know what you mean, but in my situation you remember everything, so i remember the first day she walked and the first day she said "daddy":-D

Yeah I remember things like that too just cant remember all the day to day stuff, seems such a long time ago now.

andywedge;5166826

Nothing better than watching your baby develop is thereYou have every … Nothing better than watching your baby develop is thereYou have every right to be proud. I have a lad, who has turned 2 recently, and he does something new every day now that amazes me.Each child/baby is different, but no less fantastic.[COLOR="Red"]You wait till she's walking. LOL. Within weeks you'll be longing for when she could only crawl. [/COLOR]She'll be everywhere

+1

Connor was about 16mths when he walked,I used to stand him up so he could hold onto the sofa at 9 mths and he gradually got stronger and would cruise along but took him ages to let go,and he never freely walked till 16mths.Before that he used to roll around on his back and belly to get around,and push his feet against wall,bottom of sofa to move along on his back.

Cerys never crawled or rolled on her back or anything,I would try and stand her on my lap and she would refuse to put weight on her legs,she instead curl them up from a very early age. Finally just after she turned 1,she decided to bottom hitch,but 1 of her legs she had behind her hanging floppy,she would drag it along. Health Visitor sent me to the some clinic or other,they thought there was something up with her leg,I never thought there was. I even got sent to Paed and they finally decided she could put weight on her legs,even though she didn't want to and would tuck her legs up if they went to get her to put weight on her legs.
    She eventually stood up on her own,I got pics of her bending up with her hands on the floor gradually getting up,she didn't want to hold onto anything at this point,and finally walked at 21mths.Luckily nothing wrong with her legs at all,she just was content and didn't want to get about other than her bottom hitching did her fine.

I think aslong as they can around a room anyway they can,there usually not anything wrong.

My little lad started crawling at 10 months and started walking 13 months.

Mum2Connor&Cerys;5166897

Connor was about 16mths when he walked,I used to stand him up so he could … Connor was about 16mths when he walked,I used to stand him up so he could hold onto the sofa at 9 mths and he gradually got stronger and would cruise along but took him ages to let go,and he never freely walked till 16mths.Before that he used to roll around on his back and belly to get around,and push his feet against wall,bottom of sofa to move along on his back.Cerys never crawled or rolled on her back or anything,I would try and stand her on my lap and she would refuse to put weight on her legs,she instead curl them up from a very early age. Finally just after she turned 1,she decided to bottom hitch,but 1 of her legs she had behind her hanging floppy,she would drag it along. Health Visitor sent me to the some clinic or other,they thought there was something up with her leg,I never thought there was. I even got sent to Paed and they finally decided she could put weight on her legs,even though she didn't want to and would tuck her legs up if they went to get her to put weight on her legs.She eventually stood up on her own,I got pics of her bending up with her hands on the floor gradually getting up,she didn't want to hold onto anything at this point,and finally walked at 21mths.Luckily nothing wrong with her legs at all,she just was content and didn't want to get about other than her bottom hitching did her fine.I think aslong as they can around a room anyway they can,there usually not anything wrong.

yes if they can get around just fine without needing to walk they will.

My little man used to drag his left foot too like you describe. The doctor said he'd grow out of it, I thought he was just not interested, but sure enough it was just a lazy way of moving lol

ClarityofMind;5166908

yes if they can get around just fine without needing to walk they will.My … yes if they can get around just fine without needing to walk they will.My little man used to drag his left foot too like you describe. The doctor said he'd grow out of it, I thought he was just not interested, but sure enough it was just a lazy way of moving lol

We got sent to some pysiotherapist clinic and paed,they never could find anything wrong,and were certrain she was fine but didn't want to,only thing they said also was her feet was small,she still only a size 7 now and she's 6,her feet average 3-4 yr old.I can't see how that got much to do with it,if she wasn't willing to put feet and legs down. I'd try and bounce her on my lap as baby and she not have any of it.
    Only other week though,I found her 8feet up or so on back trellis fencing.Her brother ran in,come see her,I only just looked out the window 2mins before to check them,and there she is right at top.

Mum2Connor&Cerys;5167031

We got sent to some pysiotherapist clinic and paed,they never could find … We got sent to some pysiotherapist clinic and paed,they never could find anything wrong,and were certrain she was fine but didn't want to,only thing they said also was her feet was small,she still only a size 7 now and she's 6,her feet average 3-4 yr old.I can't see how that got much to do with it,if she wasn't willing to put feet and legs down. I'd try and bounce her on my lap as baby and she not have any of it.Only other week though,I found her 8feet up or so on back trellis fencing.Her brother ran in,come see her,I only just looked out the window 2mins before to check them,and there she is right at top.

I'm glad she walks and climbs so well now x x

my son is like that too, he climbs up into the trees in our garden and runs over the branches like over 6 to 10 foot up. He's so lithe and strong, he can pull his own weight up to above his head and climb up things so easily, reminds me of his Dad who I'm convinced is part monkey lol

ClarityofMind;5167055

I'm glad she walks and climbs so well now x xmy son is like that too, he … I'm glad she walks and climbs so well now x xmy son is like that too, he climbs up into the trees in our garden and runs over the branches like over 6 to 10 foot up. He's so lithe and strong, he can pull his own weight up to above his head and climb up things so easily, reminds me of his Dad who I'm convinced is part monkey lol

Yeh she's very active,they were non stop for about 5 hrs while we walked out to a few parks and grounds today,we no car,they both used to walking all day.I sat down when I could today!

Mum2Connor&Cerys;5167072

Yeh she's very active,they were non stop for about 5 hrs while we walked … Yeh she's very active,they were non stop for about 5 hrs while we walked out to a few parks and grounds today,we no car,they both used to walking all day.I sat down when I could today!

awww poor you you probably get way more tired than they do! lol

Banned

Tinkytayls;5167731

Sorry but i think that is just rude, A child will be amazing no matter … Sorry but i think that is just rude, A child will be amazing no matter what in their mothers eyes. :roll:

Doesn't that mean that none are special or amazing?

Banned

Tinkytayls;5170105

Why even bother to comment? If you ever have a child you will then know … Why even bother to comment? If you ever have a child you will then know how special and amazing they are in your eyes

In my eyes - exactly.

Maybe I'm a bit misanthropic but comparing how old kids are when they start walking can seem a bit of a willy-measuring contest.

Banned

OMG people!!

OP, congrats, your baby is very special and doing so well

The rest of you shame on you :mad: the OP wanted to share how great her baby was not turn it into a competition of what everyones else's kids can do thats better :roll:

Original Poster

sculpturatus;5170230

OMG people!!OP, congrats, your baby is very special and doing so wellThe … OMG people!!OP, congrats, your baby is very special and doing so wellThe rest of you shame on you :mad: the OP wanted to share how great her baby was not turn it into a competition of what everyones else's kids can do thats better :roll:

Thank you nice to hear how everyone's baby's have reached milestones.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Your dream gaming set up?1846
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846297
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …198538
      4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523422

See more discussions