Groups

my daughter whos 14 want her room painted...

she dont know what coloured to have, she already got sexy pink, so wants a change anyone got any ideals? please

25 Comments

black

Banned

vomit green

tartan

something modern?
    teal, hot pink and black? white and black?
    take a look in homebase

or ask her??

dog poo brown

why not paint it a lovely warm but neutral colour and get loads of pictures and accessories to dress it up, then you can change the themes as she gets older without having to redecorate :thumbsup:

*roosterpots*;6163071

why not paint it a lovely warm but neutral colour and get loads of … why not paint it a lovely warm but neutral colour and get loads of pictures and accessories to dress it up, then you can change the themes as she gets older without having to redecorate :thumbsup:

I like that :thumbsup:

Original Poster

4lyons09;6163060

something modern?teal, hot pink and black? white and black?take a look in … something modern?teal, hot pink and black? white and black?take a look in homebaseor ask her??

she did say about having black & white, but want to paint wall but not black walls:)

Original Poster

4lyons09;6163079

I like that :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: may be

Original Poster

boothy;6163069

dog poo brown

is that what colour ur walls r?

Banned

boothy;6163069

dog poo brown

bright orange

Original Poster

dog_cop;6163047

vomit green

lovely:roll:

get black and white wallpaper for one or 2 walls? paint the others white

julie 2;6163098

is that what colour ur walls r?

no just my undies

What about teal wall with black and white accessories

ohhh and cover canvas's or cardboard with the wallpaper you use and stick them on the white walls, will look nice

Original Poster

4lyons09;6163112

ohhh and cover canvas's or cardboard with the wallpaper you use and stick … ohhh and cover canvas's or cardboard with the wallpaper you use and stick them on the white walls, will look nice

Great :thumbsup:

Wow!!! Just "Wow".

Paint the walls white, then get a nice patterened black and white paper for the feature wall.

Yellow

4lyons09;6163102

get black and white wallpaper for one or 2 walls? paint the others white … get black and white wallpaper for one or 2 walls? paint the others white

I shoulda read this before posting mine lol.

starsparkle2311;6163476

yes you should have:thumbsup::p

You know me, I just jump right in at the deep end, think about possibly drowning later.

boothy;6163059

tartan

i loled :lol:

You can also get some great 'after effects' from places like B&Q like we did with our little girls room. Stuff like Shimmer, Glitter, Raindow Glitter, etc effects that really add to the overall finish without being over the top. I used the silver glitter effect on her white ceiling and it looks lovely when her spotlights are on at night. She has a sort of pale greenish colour on her walls (wanted the whole animal/jungle thing but by the time we populated room it would have hardly shown). Have a look at some of the after effect paints coz some of them can be brill. In my computer room i used a metallic paint effect and added it to the tin of pale blue i painted with. So in effect i got a metallic pale blue computer room with all brushed chrome fittings.

Some of them do look the business if you put the effort in.

Someone here told me they tipped a pot of craft glitter into a pot of paint and it came out lovely

I have never been into pink, when I was a teenager I had my room lilacy blue and then very pale green with wooden floors

Some of the colours suggested her wont look so good if your daughter's bedroom is cluttered and/or on the smaller side - if so, I would suggest a light colour

Grab a few brochures from B&Q and let her had a look
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424014475
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767188
      3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7061339
      4. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!44

See more discussions