Groups

my dead iphone 3gs

as some of you know i dropped my iphone in the water and seemed to be dead !! [still is] well just checked it now and evryseems fine apart from there is no back light !! anyone have any ideas what could be up with it?

cheers

10 Comments

umm the fact you dropped it in water?

Im not expert but it sounds to me like the backlight is broken.

Original Poster

mr.potato_head;7467891

umm the fact you dropped it in water?

no shizzle sherlock !! lol i meant what will need replacing and how much ?

Banned

Probably best to just buy 2 new iPhones. Keep one as spare (also keep water damaged one for spares), and use the other one.

If you can't afford to do this, probably best to borrow another iPhone and look for a better job with one of over 100,000 apps, including many job search ones.

Original Poster

ah sack it i will just get it replaced i aint messing about anymore with it

Banned

iNSOMANiAC;7467893

Im not expert

We know

If you have contents insurance you might be covered?????

Banned

andileeds;7467970

ah sack it i will just get it replaced i aint messing about anymore with … ah sack it i will just get it replaced i aint messing about anymore with it

Just like that?

Someone is in for a fall.............

Banned

andileeds;7467970

ah sack it i will just get it replaced i aint messing about anymore with … ah sack it i will just get it replaced i aint messing about anymore with it

£128 to get it replaced/fixed through 02

Often these compact mobile devices are glued together (because robots can do the gluing and that makes it cheap). Unfortunately that also means that taking it apart to replace broken bits is time consuming & therfore expensive. It's probably beyond economic repair.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …85144
      2. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)2226
      3. ** Motorola Moto X Force | Owners Club **32204
      4. Follow the Three Word Game!!!44624043

See more discussions