My dogs stomach is big why?

Found 8th Apr
Hi everyone I just got a puppy today and her stomach is big is it because she’s fat or because she had a bloated stomach that’s not good
Community Updates
Ask
22 Comments
Would think it's a good idea to take any new puppy or dog for that matter to the Vets when you buy them. Try book an appointment for tonorrow.
Does she have bloated stomach
Don't let your pet's health depend on any advice given here.
If you have concerns, get her to a Vet asap!
Agreed (as a dog owner). Please go to the vet (or if vet's bills are a problem, try the local RSPCA or PDSA clinic). No one here can answer your question reliably

It may well be nothing and just a symptom of growing in that breed.
Edited by: "ccnp" 8th Apr
Alexia2242 m ago

Does she have bloated stomach

Impossible to say without even seeing the dog; this needs to be checked by a vet. A random person online isn't qualified.
Is it a large/giant breed puppy?
parsimony47 m ago

Don't let your pet's health depend on any advice given here.If you have …Don't let your pet's health depend on any advice given here.If you have concerns, get her to a Vet asap!

^ This. Get to a vet. Could be gas, could worms, could be nothing, could be something serious. Only a vet will be able to reliably tell you.
I think it’s unlikely to be anything serious and most likely to be worms or maybe you are over feeding a little as young puppies need small regular meals (4 a day) but like others have said, it would be a good idea to get your puppy checked at a vet as young puppies can go down hill very quickly.
My stomach is big and I wonder why!
It's more than likely worms, Most puppies have them unless treated. They also tend to eat too much if you let them which can also make them bloated. However they may be eating excessively because they have worms too!.
Edited by: ".MUFC." 8th Apr
Misslovely6 m ago

Maybe you need a good fart or failing that a strong laxative! Lol.
Misslovely23 m ago

i dare not say so i will try to keep my mouth shut for once. lol
XSerenityX17 m ago

Maybe you need a good fart or failing that a strong laxative! Lol.

I was going to reply but don't think my level of medical training is up to yours
Misslovely49 m ago

Probably 🐛
Where did you get it from? Has it been vaccinated and wormed? What breed is it? What size is it and how much are you feeding it?

Nobody on here will be able to give you an answer without seeing the animal. It could be something simple like it's eaten too much, has a high worm burden, or it could be that it has a gastric torsion!
If in any doubt take it to a vet asap. Better to be told it's nothing to worry about than the alternative.
I can't help but wonder why on earth you would join hotukdeals to ask a question about a dogs health. Total troll behaviour. Anybody who had some common sense would call a vet and look on google or at least ask the question on a pets/dogs health website
.MUFC.2 h, 0 m ago

It's more than likely worms, Most puppies have them unless treated. They …It's more than likely worms, Most puppies have them unless treated. They also tend to eat too much if you let them which can also make them bloated. However they may be eating excessively because they have worms too!.

^This^
Also don't walk it straight after its eaten
You got it today and there’s possibly something wrong with it, but you still took it home????

where did you get it from? Is it a pedigree that is kennel club registered? Was it from a responsible breeder that you looked up or was it a possible puppy farm or an inexperienced pet owner that knows nothing about breeding?

my mum breeds chihuahuas and has come across many horror stories about bad breeders in the past. Kennel club registered dogs can only have one litter a year so that mum can recover etc, but people will breed every season so they can make money and won’t bother with the jabs, microchips or worming etc because it’s at a cost to them and they don’t care about the dogs, just what they can make.

if this person is happy to sell you a possibly sick puppy then they should be reported as there is possibly an element of neglect going on with the animals.

did the breeder take the puppy’s for a puppy check before selling them? What age is the puppy? Was it microchipped (they should be chipped and registered with the breeder before being sold and then registration changed when sold).

Would you buy a car from any dodgy guy without fully checking it out? Most likely not right! So why would you do it with an animal, especially when doing that may encourage animal abuse/neglect
It’s pregnant
ccnp8th Apr

Agreed (as a dog owner). Please go to the vet (or if vet's bills are a …Agreed (as a dog owner). Please go to the vet (or if vet's bills are a problem, try the local RSPCA or PDSA clinic). No one here can answer your question reliablyIt may well be nothing and just a symptom of growing in that breed.

If vet bills are a problem for someone, they shouldn't have a pet.
Probably full of worms
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants