Groups

My father left me his house does anyone know how I put it into my name?

I managed probate by myself, and at the interview today the woman said the legal paper work would be a couple of weeks but I should start looking at the land registry website now to get the forms (I presume). Does anyone know the website address, or what I have to do next?

10 Comments

I'd imagine that the deeds need to be transferred to your name as well?

Original Poster

yes though i'm not sure how it all works - i was looking for an idiots guide lol Probate wasn't too hard once I had the forms!

Are you the Personal Rep?

All the details ]here

Original Poster

I'm the executer and I inherit everything so apparently it's supposed to be simple

crissy_uk;6251877

I'm the executer and I inherit everything so apparently it's supposed to … I'm the executer and I inherit everything so apparently it's supposed to be simple

It is - just complete this form www1.landregistry.gov.uk/ass…pdf

The fee payable is based on the value of the property which you will have obtained for Probate purposes. You will find the fees in the Fee Scale in the link provided by Choc :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Thank you! is there a web page that goes with the form?

Original Poster

sorry found it

Here you go crissy www1.landregistry.gov.uk/ass…pdf

Edit - just seen your post, if need help there are a few on here who can help out, the main one being Magicjay who is still practising whereas I am not so can be a little out of date

Original Poster

Thank you ever so much.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?2546
      2. How long do we think it’ll be until USB C is considered as safe and univers…66
      3. Sonos says let us spy or your stereo will not work77
      4. Jeremy Corbyn #traingate1317

See more discussions