My Fellow HUKD Members..I need your help!

I have my GCSE Exam for Media Studies in 2 weeks, and i have just got the exam paper in the last 20 minutes, as you are allowed to prepare answers...but one question is that you have to think of a new interactive tv quiz show, they want to know, the title the presenter the set design and the question format..... PLEASE HELP... my brain is awful at creativity....Im mainly relying on Pablo as he works in Media

31 Comments

If the show is going to be on BBC 1.

Then the presenter needs to be gay.

Original Poster

:P Any suggestions...serious sugestions?

sort of q & a game-they all exist...he asks, you call and answer, nothing cool bout that..hmmm let me think

how about a mother and daughter game show - kind of like Mr and Mr but with a mother and daughter or son and father , the questions to see just how much they really know and understand each other

Make it to do with maths rather than words as there seem to be lots of word ones. Maybe make equations where people have to phone in with the answer to them. Makin them harder each time.

I always thought a great idea would be to give the contestants £50,000 to start with then tell them they have to answer 15 questions, everyone they get wrong they lose some cash, starting with a couple of easy ones and then going on to really tricky ones like at the end on who wants to be a miilionaire... three to start with, answering questions, and losing money all the time then drop the one who has lost the most and so onuntil one left... .... is that any help for a starter??

noth comes to my mind. interact tv quiz? has to be sth like ps3 BUZZ?

-maybe there is sort of wheel with letters on it and couple 'u've lost everything' or 'ur all points r going to your opponent' fields... the gay presenter spins the wheel and there are various tasks and questions on it...say sing, answer backwards...maybe it has some of monopoly rules inside...hey, U decide!

Be influeneced by the japanese type gameshows - youtube them - so funny.

The set needs to have a live audience and uses audience interaction.

How about

Theres 1 contestant and he vs the audience...if he gets a question 1 he gets an electric shock
but if the majority of the audience get it wrong, all the audience get a shock?

i cant be bothered doing my bathroom tiles and going on nights tonight do any of you mugs want to do it for me. thank you:whistling:

ding;5044361

i cant be bothered doing my bathroom tiles and going on nights tonight do … i cant be bothered doing my bathroom tiles and going on nights tonight do any of you mugs want to do it for me. thank you:whistling:

No but I dont mind telling you what to do with your tiles....:thumbsup:

Original Poster

everyone is helping....it has to have a format of answering questions...

that's a brill show

It's not surprising that the quality of UK education is now in free fall if the students receive the exam paper in advance!

And if your creativity is so poor WTF are you doing taking a media studies course? Oh, I know, there's almost no intellectual challenge to it.

And whch universities are you expecting to be gagging with excitement to receive you? I think there's one in Little Snoring, but you have to be able to write your name without corrections and with the correct capitalization.

There's a challenge!

Original Poster

afterburner...your a complete cock thats all i have to say...
The media studies exam has nothing to do with creativitiy, you just have to use the show to be able to talk about target audience promoting etc etc...
Recieving the paper in advance is so that you can think of ideas for quiz show as your not actually marked on the idea, but i need a good one to get me more marks in the explaining...
And i believe alot of universitys will be happy to have me, especially with an A in Maths Double GCSE English, B In science A* in p.e, a* in i.t and then the ones im still doing

suggested name - end of the rainbow

set of questions under each colour - science - entertainment etc.

top prize is at end of rainbow

Original Poster

thanks holly that links in with the idea that, the uk public are less intelligent meaning they are easily entertained with the use of bright colours

Concentrating on the 'interactive' part, i'd look at utilising the technology that's currently available: so what immediately springs to mind is the 'red-button' features on freeview/sky etc. Now for it to be fully interactive, it needs to be 2-way - so that those at home can join in, this rules out freeview as not connected to a phoneline. So Sky/Virgin tv users are the market - and quite a large customer base too! Now you need to have a subject matter with a large audience, so think along the lines of lottery, big brother, soaps etc.
'Lending' from the format of some current quiz shows (viewers can enter to take part in the next live show) - you could have a selection of last week's winners in the studio answering the questions a la 1 vs 100 to win this week's prize and then viewers at home joining in via the interactive service, competing to secure a place in next week's show - with such a potentially large number of interactive participants, thought would need to be given to how the winners would be chosen e.g. fastest and most correct answers etc.
To encourage audience participation, the show could include instant win questions for those at home with live callbacks - grab the ads - saturday night take away! (a mobile number would be required to take part in a callback!)

Original Poster

thank you very much jayhab that has helped alot...Repped +

That's Numberwang!

JboyJayJason;5044494

thanks holly that links in with the idea that, the uk public are less … thanks holly that links in with the idea that, the uk public are less intelligent meaning they are easily entertained with the use of bright colours

erm - well you said it - keep it simple for the majority - they dont want to be mentally challenged - they want entertaining with a big prize at the end

Original Poster

only thing im thinking is, men are the target audience of most quiz shows because men are generally more competitive...would you say men get competitive against other men on tv, or any contestant...oh i plus repped you as well

JboyJayJason;5044658

only thing im thinking is, men are the target audience of most quiz shows … only thing im thinking is, men are the target audience of most quiz shows because men are generally more competitive...would you say men get competitive against other men on tv, or any contestant...oh i plus repped you as well

This depends when it would be showing :lol:, i would say if its for a quiz females are who you aiming it as, game show is more for men.

JboyJayJason;5044658

only thing im thinking is, men are the target audience of most quiz shows … only thing im thinking is, men are the target audience of most quiz shows because men are generally more competitive...would you say men get competitive against other men on tv, or any contestant...oh i plus repped you as well

The subject matter will determine your target audience, either way, as Holly says - the big prize is what counts and will determine who joins in - for maximum take-up, your quiz would need to appeal to as many people as possible so think along the lines of the current lottery shows on the BBC - large audience and people from all sections of society take part! Questions on general knowledge would include everyone, though sections specifically on Soaps etc would bring in specific audiences

Original Poster

yeah i see what your saying about the quiz show/ game show thank you bella....

Original Poster

thank you very much jayhab reppped you have been a great help

Glad i could return the favour - thanks again for your offer of the HMV voucher code the other day!

Children Win Pets
Family game.
Write in and say what pet you want to own - 3 families get to answer questions plus get profiled - a bit like DIY SOS then audience +/or viewers vote and the cumulative score decides on who gets the pet - follow choosing, training, housing, expert advice.
Make sure you copyright it!!

no problem!

Original Poster

anyone else?

Original Poster

bumb 2

How did you get on with this?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Sad news about Barcelona1846
    2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846099
    3. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!1922
    4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17396136

See more discussions