Groups

My Fifa disc has a small crack in the middle, what are my options??

Not to sound silly, but it was only bought for Xmas and I have noticed that there is a small crack in the middle, so further use is only asking for it to smash in the DVD drive.

Do MS replace if this happens?

Can I send it back to the shop i bought it from? (Play.com)

OR is it tough luck that the design of the DVD case or DVD drive grabber has lead to this crack appearing?

14 Comments

tough luck i would think, you could buy a second hand one and swap disks before returning it back telling them you already have the game, other than that take care removing it from the case

Banned

Keep it in a CD sleeve rather than a case, and I can't see how it'll get worse? The xbox doesn't use a spindle type mechanism to hold the disk, so I reckon it'll be the case what done it?

A paper sleeve woulddn't protect so well, but there wouldn't be any pressure on the centre.

do you think the 360 casued the crack?
    mine has scratched discs before as have a lot of other peoples.
    i dont think you got many options to be honest.

Original Poster

yeah i thought so, thanks guys, will leave rep for you all.

Come to think of it, being a numpty, the 360 cant have done it, had so many drives appart, just goto remember not to push so hard getting em out of the case.. Block buster here i come!

(side note, just left rep but i cant to vibeone as i have to spread it first, left rep for your deals the other day)

msn please

Banned

DudeyGeeza;4754957

yeah i thought so, thanks guys, will leave rep for you all.Come to think … yeah i thought so, thanks guys, will leave rep for you all.Come to think of it, being a numpty, the 360 cant have done it, had so many drives appart, just goto remember not to push so hard getting em out of the case.. Block buster here i come!(side note, just left rep but i cant to vibeone as i have to spread it first, left rep for your deals the other day)

No probs I don't post for rep

It doesn't help that there are about 3/4 different methods of holding, and releasing disks from the xbox cases - WHY?!

Buy a new disk.

They are only about £30.

Cheap as chips.

Sure you can send to microsoft and for £10 plus the damaged game they will exchange for a new one...

Will try to find the link
    :thumbsup:

superglue?

markone;4755249

Sure you can send to microsoft and for £10 plus the damaged game they … Sure you can send to microsoft and for £10 plus the damaged game they will exchange for a new one...Will try to find the link:thumbsup:

only for certain games

this happened to me with GH3

Oh well, the thought was there.

They should do it for all games ..........

Read the back of the instructions booklet.

Some have info on returning faulty discs. EA charge £10 when I last checked (Battlefield:MC).

From some gaming blog:

[SIZE="1"]As we said before maybe some of you know now that any EA scratched or damaged game disc according to EA Games can be exchanged for £10 and that's in UK, so if your scratched disc is an EA Games one you can contact them to get it exchanged, they asked to send the original disc with a cheque, Eurocheque or postal order payable to Electronic Arts Ltd, to the address:

Electronic Arts UK Ltd
    Customer Services
    PO Box 181
    Chertsey Surrey
    KT16 0YL

Also if If you have any more questions, you may also contact their warranty department at:
    [email protected][/SIZE]

Original Poster

thanks, all repped again, cheers

Local rental store ;-)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 187 ***1129
      2. Microsoft approve Hyperkin's remake of the OG Xbox controller66
      3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17866382
      4. word association Game74044544
      5. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2468

See more discussions