Groups

My Freeview scambles when Chavs on Scooters ride by! Anyone know why?

Everytime a Chav on a high pitch scooter burns past my house my Freeview picture goes all scrambled, does anyone know the reason for this coz its highly annoying.
    My Freeview box is a Digifusion 80gb hardrive one.

26 Comments

The motor is probably causing the interference.

Radio interference... probably all the neon underlighting! LOL

Get a spike strip!

Why only 'chavs' - is your freeview box socially selective?

[email protected];2352999

Radio interference... probably all the neon underlighting! LOLGet a … Radio interference... probably all the neon underlighting! LOLGet a spike strip!

It's all the static from their nylon tracksuits more like. lol

hellfire;2353024

:lol:

YahooAnswers

Combustion engines, as used in cars and motorbikes, typically use high … Combustion engines, as used in cars and motorbikes, typically use high voltage spark gaps to ignite the fuel in the engines combustion chambers.Any time a spark is produced, electromagnetic radio waves are emitted from the spark plug wires carrying the spark current.This is how the original "spark-gap" radio transmitters worked to generate radio waves back in the early days of Morse code over radio waves.Thus, your TV antenna can pick-up these spark generated radio waves and cause some reception interference with your TV signals. This amounts to a form of RFI (radio frequency interference).I expect the problem is worse from motorbikes than cars because cars engine spark plug wires are shielded under the cars hood, whereas a motorbike engine is in the open and the RFI is more readily radiated.

answers.yahoo.com/que…kGR

Freeview signals are scared of Chavs, either that or what Robotchan said.

As I understand it Freeview is more susceptible to interference than analog - if it's a real problem you might benefit from boosting the gain with a masthead amplifier or cutting interference by replacing your aerial cable with a properly screened cable and maybe the digital tuner in your Freeview box isn't the best. It's probably worth asking your neighbours whether they have the same problems and what kit they are using...

Original Poster

hellfire;2353024

lol:-D

do they have your aerial in their thieving hands?

The only cure Hagga is to move the aerial to the other side of the house to try and use the house as a shield from the interference

Original Poster

I’ve decided to wallpaper the inside of my house with tin foil and see if that works.

Did you say...

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c334/wes_prelude/foil.jpg

???

I think the more interesting test would be to get on a scooter yourself and see if it scrambles. If so you know you're a chav!

Original Poster

Yes FOIL!

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a4/JR_Sandy/foil04.jpg

Original Poster

[email protected];2352999

Radio interference... probably all the neon underlighting! LOLGet a … Radio interference... probably all the neon underlighting! LOLGet a spike strip!

Do you know where I can get a spike strip I think there called Stinger’s from?

Admin;2353163

I think the more interesting test would be to get on a scooter yourself … I think the more interesting test would be to get on a scooter yourself and see if it scrambles. If so you know you're a chav!

:-D

My eyes, my beautiful eyes!

have you change TV chAV settings ..? poor i know ...

Robotochan;2353158

Did you say...???

I hope that's not a self-portrait!

Hagga27;2353167

Yes FOIL!

I really really hope that's not you!.

You'll get wallpaper paste all over yerself if it is ;-)

install one of those lazer beams out of that film the cube accros the street

Banned

What happens when a non Chav rides past?

guv;2358451

What happens when a non Chav rides past?

On a scooter? Not possible

You must live where we live, 3 of the &^ggers ride past up and down the cul-de-sac and they throw out everyones freeview, although yet to have the problem with my sky+ box (yet)

I agree, its the friction from the seat to their tracksuit....

I also think it goes the other way, as I'm sure the freeview must interfere with their bike steering as these just cant seem to stay on the right side of the road.....

one day...flattened:whistling:

Banned

tlck9;3211184

one day...flattened:whistling:

Hopefully :thumbsup:

tlck9;3211184

You must live where we live, 3 of the &^ggers ride past up and down the … You must live where we live, 3 of the &^ggers ride past up and down the cul-de-sac and they throw out everyones freeview, although yet to have the problem with my sky+ box (yet)

oooh get you.

Chavs in the cul de sac....how dare they ?

:lol: :lol:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!1213
      2. love affairs1228
      3. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…2262
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767249

See more discussions