Groups

My fridge/freezer.....

is making a strange noise like a motorbike noise.... my next door neighbour came in and said it needed defrosting but i've not long paid to get it defrosted (yeah paid!!)

it's still working ok but the noise is pretty loud and i'm wondering what is wrong with it.

any ideas anyone?

thanks
    lynds xx

49 Comments

paid to have it defrosted? how big is it :lol:

Banned

its probably working overtime - lol

mine has always sounded loud, i hate the chuffing thing

ill defrost it for £5! :P

is it constant or kicks in now and then?

It's probably the compressor, get an engineer round to have a look. Most do a free call out.

There's a item here about noisy fridges it might help

fixya.com/sup…ing

mod

sassie;5648221

its probably working overtime - lolmine has always sounded loud, i hate … its probably working overtime - lolmine has always sounded loud, i hate the chuffing thing

Yeah, Sassie could well be right;

Is it well stocked up? That always helps.(And costs less to run)

Maybe needs some beer and wine putting in the fridge also. I know I can grumble a lot and loudly when I'm low on these products

I will defrost it for free...just to find out were you live

Original Poster

LOL yeah i paid to have it defrosted!!! well i didn't know that was the problem.... i got someone out to look at it coz it had stopped working and he got to work on it and later told me it needed defrosting and it cost £45 :oops: YEAH YEAH i know MUG!!!!!

it is stocked up to the brim.... it isn't just over working coz it has never made this noise.... sounds like the motor (if it has one :oops: )

yep i am a proper woman and totally crap with stuff like this :oops:

Original Poster

andywedge;5648250

Yeah, Sassie could well be right; Is it well stocked up? That always … Yeah, Sassie could well be right; Is it well stocked up? That always helps.(And costs less to run)Maybe needs some beer and wine putting in the fridge also. I know I can grumble a lot and loudly when I'm low on these products

PMSL!!! MR WEDGE!!!! will you stop referring to wine whenever you speak to me

Original Poster

loupomm;5648225

is it constant or kicks in now and then?

constant but gets louder sometimes

Original Poster

JboyJayJason;5648287

I will defrost it for free...just to find out were you live

:lol:

take my approach - give it a good ol' kickin :thumbsup:

the bloke who looked at it before probably broke it on purpose, seeing as he got such an easy £45 out of you. Something that will take him 2 mins to fix but charge you £200

Banned

put on ur hardest shoe, take a run at it a kick it as hard as u possibly can (wen all else fails brute force works)

Original Poster

starsparkle2311;5648345

Lynds you insult me with that, I am a proper woman!!!!!!!You however have … Lynds you insult me with that, I am a proper woman!!!!!!!You however have spent too long in the sun,lol, you ditzy thing,lol:p

LOL yeah i just put the kids to bed and thought about what i put and thought it come across as the wrong way.... what i meant was i am a woman who is blonde and a walkover who paid £45 to get freezer defrosted FFS :lol:

Original Poster

micoo;5648405

take my approach - give it a good ol' kickin :thumbsup:

PabloInTheSky;5648536

put on ur hardest shoe, take a run at it a kick it as hard as u possibly … put on ur hardest shoe, take a run at it a kick it as hard as u possibly can (wen all else fails brute force works)

tried that loadsa times and it doesn't work.... stops the noise for a bit and then it comes back and yeah i have a hard kick so no chance of it working lol

Original Poster

ChipSticks;5648514

the bloke who looked at it before probably broke it on purpose, seeing as … the bloke who looked at it before probably broke it on purpose, seeing as he got such an easy £45 out of you. Something that will take him 2 mins to fix but charge you £200

yeah i know.... i accept fully that i was a complete mug and i will never let it happen again lol.... i had just split up from hubby and was alone with 2 kids and a broken fridge which was costing me a fortune in milk going stale :-(

Original Poster

starsparkle2311;5648576

lol, I know what you meant:)

i know, i was stupid but people learn by their mistakes eh :? :lol:

lfc_engravedonheart;5648587

yeah i know.... i accept fully that i was a complete mug and i will never … yeah i know.... i accept fully that i was a complete mug and i will never let it happen again lol.... i had just split up from hubby and was alone with 2 kids and a broken fridge which was costing me a fortune in milk going stale :-(

Bugga

How long ago did he look at it?

Original Poster

ChipSticks;5648632

Bugga :(How long ago did he look at it?

about a month or 2 ago

Original Poster

starsparkle2311;5648723

I should hope so, jees what happens the next time a lightbulb pops in … I should hope so, jees what happens the next time a lightbulb pops in your house? Call the electrician? wut?:p

PMSL! no i'm good with light bulbs, painting, sanding, hanging shelves/pictures etc.... just not fridges or plumbing :oops:

Original Poster

starsparkle2311;5648750

that's ok then:-D

well thanks for that :lol: i promise never to be so stupid when it comes to paying out for fridge/freezers etc ever again.... is that ok

Pay me £45 and I'll do more than defrost ya freezer! ;-) :w00t:

Original Poster

birdyboyuk;5648915

Pay me £45 and I'll do more than defrost ya freezer! ;-) :w00t:

:w00t: what else can you do :whistling:

lfc_engravedonheart;5648935

:w00t: what else can you do :whistling:

PM me! :whistling: :lol:

Original Poster

birdyboyuk;5648953

LMAO..... pm'd :whistling:

nothing wrong with the fridge/freezer!

i'm guessing the rabbit has fallen behind in the ON position:thumbsup:

simples:)

Original Poster

transit;5649101

nothing wrong with the fridge/freezer!i'm guessing the rabbit has fallen … nothing wrong with the fridge/freezer!i'm guessing the rabbit has fallen behind in the ON position:thumbsup:simples:)

PMSL!!!!! made me LOL..... my sons have a male rabbit who has impregnated next doors female rabbit and she had babies today.... but he is in his cage :thumbsup:

Original Poster

birdyboyuk;5648953

are you still waiting for a pm :lol:

Original Poster

starsparkle2311;5649134

bit late to cage him now Lynds:roll::roll::p

i know!!!! the dirty sod!!! TBH when they were together i didn't think he could establish what was her head and what was her behind.... in other words all i seen was him humping her head dirty fluffy!!!!! bi am well peed off! think i need to pay maintanence to the neighbours now :lol:

lfc_engravedonheart;5649122

are you still waiting for a pm :lol:

Yes :cry:

:w00t:

Original Poster

birdyboyuk;5649272

:w00t:

pm'd ;-)

If the fridge is not perfectly level then it could be that, i know mine at home is noisy, but if i push it a bit, it stops, because it is wobbly. Is it standing square on it's feet with no wobble?

Original Poster

peodude;5649405

If the fridge is not perfectly level then it could be that, i know mine … If the fridge is not perfectly level then it could be that, i know mine at home is noisy, but if i push it a bit, it stops, because it is wobbly. Is it standing square on it's feet with no wobble?

yeah it is.... has only recently started making this noise and its soooo loud that it can't just be coz of uneveness..... thanks tho

Original Poster

starsparkle2311;5649473

maybe separate the wine bottles, all that rattling and chinking, … maybe separate the wine bottles, all that rattling and chinking, lol:p:whistling:

THAT IS THE ANSWER!!!!! why didn't i think of that before :lol:

Original Poster

starsparkle2311;5649513

LMAO, if you need help, I could take a few off your hands, or maybe help … LMAO, if you need help, I could take a few off your hands, or maybe help you drink them? lol:p

RIGHT.... come to mine and help me drink them and i'm almost certain the problem will just disappear (well if it's not the wine bottles, i will forget about it if i'm drunk)

Original Poster

starsparkle2311;5649563

again, LMAO, Lynds if I could I would, the problem would vamoosh within … again, LMAO, Lynds if I could I would, the problem would vamoosh within 30 minutes I suspect,loooooooooool:p

LOOOOOL ah well..... will maybe drink lots of wine tonight and forget about it but i have been told that getting drunk alone is sad :lol:

Original Poster

starsparkle2311;5649621

Any excuse........and who told you that?!!! I lolI'm out this weekend … Any excuse........and who told you that?!!! I lolI'm out this weekend again, last time in a long while for me, hope it ends with a big bang, lol, well I can dream....................You out?

just someone who obvo isn't alone and enjoys a drink as much as me and you :lol:

what!!!! again!!!! how very dare you

no nowt up to now... might go up to best friends again :-D
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game74044545
      2. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1622
      3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2487
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767390

See more discussions