my google nest mini won'tfind real radio scotland.

Posted 6th Jan
hey folks
my google nest mini and my google home mini will not find or play PURE RADIO SCOTLAND.
Any advice how to solve this would be very much appreciated.
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

15 Comments
Cast to it from your phone tunein app
Is it facing North?
James_Warren06/01/2020 14:45

Is it facing North?

Why? It's supposed to be central Scotland based, which is south from where I am.
Could you cast it from an app? Both iOS and Google Play have the app.
alg06/01/2020 14:50

Why? It's supposed to be central Scotland based, which is south from where …Why? It's supposed to be central Scotland based, which is south from where I am.

Yes. Looks like it’s facing too far north. Have you tried shaking it a little?
James_Warren06/01/2020 15:04

Yes. Looks like it’s facing too far north. Have you tried shaking it a l …Yes. Looks like it’s facing too far north. Have you tried shaking it a little?

I'm not the OP, and don't have Google speakers at home, so shaking someone else's device might be an issue....
alg06/01/2020 15:05

I'm not the OP, and don't have Google speakers at home, so shaking someone …I'm not the OP, and don't have Google speakers at home, so shaking someone else's device might be an issue....

My bad. Have you tried shaking the OP? Might be faulty
Do you have TuneIn installed on your phone, try manually finding it first
Just tried on my google home mini. When I ask it to play Pure Radio Scotland I get “I can’t do that here - but you can ask me to play it on one of your other devices”.
Works casting from TuneIn on an iPad though.
captainbeaky06/01/2020 16:17

Just tried on my google home mini. When I ask it to play Pure Radio …Just tried on my google home mini. When I ask it to play Pure Radio Scotland I get “I can’t do that here - but you can ask me to play it on one of your other devices”. Works casting from TuneIn on an iPad though.

Cheers. It makes no sense to me that it can't be played by google.
rincewynd606/01/2020 16:40

Cheers. It makes no sense to me that it can't be played by google.

Says it can be on pure radio scotland website too. You can ask google to “Play radio xxxxx on TuneIn” but doesn’t work either.

Edit: tried on Amazon Echo & Alexa tries to play it & then says “it’s not currently available”. Tried again & it worked. Perhaps they’re having issues
Edited by: "captainbeaky" 6th Jan
I've tried to find a link to report this problem but the help section on google home or nest is hopeless.
rincewynd606/01/2020 14:54

tunein app appears to cost

There is a paid version but the free one works just fine, I’ve just cast no problem from my iPhone to my google speaker. I think it’s ad supported but I have never paid a penny

39607058-Mj63n.jpg
captainbeaky06/01/2020 16:54

Says it can be on pure radio scotland website too. You can ask google to …Says it can be on pure radio scotland website too. You can ask google to “Play radio xxxxx on TuneIn” but doesn’t work either. Edit: tried on Amazon Echo & Alexa tries to play it & then says “it’s not currently available”. Tried again & it worked. Perhaps they’re having issues

Tried yesterday on an Echo Dot - just worked no problem.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions