My Hermes - Anyone had to claim before, how did it go

Posted 7th Mar
Morning all,

I am thinking about using them since I have some fairly low value items and they're cheaper the rm.

Just wondered if anyone here has had to claim from them before due to loss or damage and how did it go?

I know they have a bad rep but I am just looking to hear from those with actual experience. Thanks in advance!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

17 Comments
Had to claim recently took about 2-3 weeks for the compo to be paid
jpoolfitz07/03/2020 11:06

Had to claim recently took about 2-3 weeks for the compo to be paid

Thanks, that doesn't sound that bad.
Yeah I’ve claimed a few times for a few quid as well as over £60. Takes a few weeks and they seem to deal with them in the same way, ie they dont seem to delay the larger payments and try and fight it anymore than they do the smaller ones.
Edited by: "ArcadeAssassin" 7th Mar
ArcadeAssassin07/03/2020 11:28

Yeah I’ve claimed a few times for a few quid as well as over £60. Takes a f …Yeah I’ve claimed a few times for a few quid as well as over £60. Takes a few weeks and they seem to deal with them in the same way, ie they dont seem to delay the larger payments and try and fight it anymore than they do the smaller ones.

Thanks, that's reassuring
Took months for me for £90, 5-6 online chats to say they were still looking into it even after admitting fault.
Twixellzz07/03/2020 11:30

Took months for me for £90, 5-6 online chats to say they were still …Took months for me for £90, 5-6 online chats to say they were still looking into it even after admitting fault.

Appreciate the comments.
claimed few times couple of years ago, few hundred quid, was straight forwsrd
Yesterday a parcel was wrongly delivered to me by MyHermes. I tried to phone them but after about an hour and at least 20 attempts I found it totally impossible to speak to a live person. Just saying.
I recently had to make a claim on an item that I sold on eBay that the buyer received damaged. After hopelessly navigating their website trying to find out how to actually make a claim, I realised you had press on their ‘winged hermes’ logo at the bottom right of their help page.
They asked me to provide the eBay listing number and details, the recipients details, Hermes receipt number, photographs of the item and photographs of the damaged item and packaging.
I had to confirm that the item was well packaged using bubble wrap and a quality cardboard box etc. They did ask me a couple of times for clearer photos of the damage, and that proved difficult because I had to rely on the buyer and they’d already binned the packaging. I did eventually get the compensation, I only claimed for £20 (being the cost of the item plus postage), but they actually refunded £30 being the insurance coverage. It took about 5-6 weeks in all, they only communicated via email or live chat.
I would use them again and have found them no better or worse than any other service, especially as they are usually cheaper than their rivals.
Careful, besides being utterly useless, thy will lose your claim details / may refuse to speak to you if you call them on multiple occasions via either the german MD's office or the leeds based personnel.

Yup they are scumbags of the first order from management down, ..use them at your peril.
I had to claim once, when they left my parcel in the recycle bin, on the day the recycling was collected

it was only for about £20, which might be why they refunded me in a matter of days

to be honest, Hermes used to be terrible, like to an extreme level

but I’d say since I started using them again, the last 15 times, they’ve done the job
My well packaged small packet got 'damaged' at hub so immediately 'destroyed' by hermes. A couple of weeks after claiming they rejected the claim saying item was prohibited. Not used them since.
Saves you ringing or using chat, in order hermessupport@myhermes.co.uk myhermessupport@hermes-europe.co.uk and myhermes@mailgb.custhelp.com people go on about how bad Hermes are, check the ups reviews in trustpilot you will be shocked.
Edited by: "caverncity" 7th Mar
Don’t use that lose stuff even before dispatching
We've had bad experience with Hermes.Lost an iphone. Think my son bought through parcel compare or a site similar. He got compensated with credit for their site, always use royal mail now. I understand it can be more expensive but never had a problem with them.
Edited by: "kramvic" 8th Mar
Sent parcel on 23rd December a few years ago. Parcel not shipped for 10 days. Put in claim for £25. Then found out owner of parcel shop went on 2 weeks holiday and my parcel was still in shop.

Told Hermes to cancel claim but they ignored my emails and webchats and refunded me anyway.

Returned to parcel shop after 14 days and got parcel back.
Edited by: "Speculator" 8th Mar
kramvic08/03/2020 13:12

We've had bad experience with Hermes.Lost an iphone. Think my son bought …We've had bad experience with Hermes.Lost an iphone. Think my son bought through parcel compare or a site similar. He got compensated with credit for their site, always use royal mail now. I understand it can be more expensive but never had a problem with them.

Opposite experience for me. Royal Mail took 4 weeks to deliver a G-Shock watch sent "1st class signed for".

Never had a problem with Hermes and it's tracked and always signed for, (unless they leave at a safe place) even if you select no signature required avoiding the £1 fee.

Use REFER10 for 10% off at Hermes. Can use once per account.
Edited by: "Speculator" 8th Mar
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants