My Hermes courier

Found 30th Dec 2012
I've recently purchased an item off of eBay and the seller has used My Hermes as the delivery option but I've never heard of them. Are they any good? Fast or slow service?

Thanks in advance
Community Updates
MiscCourierHermes
38 Comments
Banned
best in the business
Original Poster
Really? My item was posted last Thursday so when do you think I can expect it to be delivered?
WRXiceman

Really? My item was posted last Thursday so when do you think I can … Really? My item was posted last Thursday so when do you think I can expect it to be delivered?

When the self employed delivery driver feels like getting off his **** and delivering it!!!
WRXiceman

Really? My item was posted last Thursday so when do you think I can … Really? My item was posted last Thursday so when do you think I can expect it to be delivered?

Hes taking the mick,

lol

How on earth have you not heard about these??????
rubbish,avoid.
I ordered some trainers from jd sports that should have arrived xmas eve via next day delivery.

They did not arrive till 27th though. Delivery was with hermes, the parcels get delivered by people in there own cars and they dont have postal uniforms on, well at least the person who delivered my parcel did not.
For me It took about 2 weeks to arrive by Hermes but it was in pristine condition. UPS was quicker but the boxes were badly damaged.
Original Poster
Bloody hell. Doesn't sound good. Hope It turns up soon
vlj

best in the business

Really? Then tend to leave stuff with neighours half a mile up the street or dump it on ur doorstep or even in the bin

Personally I think they are rubbish as "the delivery person" is a franchise and only gets paid when they deliver so they will do anything but take it back with them as undelivered
I use them quite often to send (and receive) parcels. Parcels arrive in 3-5 working days and I have never had any problems with them at all!
jase.2

Really? Then tend to leave stuff with neighours half a mile up the street … Really? Then tend to leave stuff with neighours half a mile up the street or dump it on ur doorstep or even in the bin Personally I think they are rubbish as "the delivery person" is a franchise and only gets paid when they deliver so they will do anything but take it back with them as undelivered

Hes obviously joking.
Original Poster
Really hope it turns up tomorrow because they won't be delivering on Tuesday
Original Poster
EdWasHere

Absolutely.....rubbish. Avoid them if you can.Should really look at … Absolutely.....rubbish. Avoid them if you can.Should really look at reviews first before choosing a courier:http://www.trustpilot.co.uk/review/www.myhermes.co.ukhttp://www.thewholesaleforums.co.uk/threads/reviews-on-myhermes.101232/http://www.reviewcentre.com/Postal-and-Delivery-Services/MyHermes-www-myhermes1-co-uk-reviews_1414531

I didn't choose the courier, the seller did
If you google myhermes reviews you will come across hilarious complaints such as, "courier left card saying parcel left in shed. We haven't got a shed!"

If you have a tracking number from your seller, use the 'track my parcel', on the following link:

myhermes1.co.uk/
Oh dear op, one of the worse out there.
Problem is they get paid once about 41p to deliver so they will leave it on doorstep, in a bin, throw it over the fence sometimes not even bother to try and deliver it they wili just send it back saying no answer.
I had a delivery from Hermes once by a guy in a Domino's Pizza uniform. He said don't get confused, I mix the 2 jobs oO

Edited by: "FearTheBassPlayer" 30th Dec 2012
Mark2111

If you google myhermes reviews you will come across hilarious complaints … If you google myhermes reviews you will come across hilarious complaints such as, "courier left card saying parcel left in shed. We haven't got a shed!"

I have the best one, They so say delivered my parcel in the mornning and lied about me signning for it, when I checked what time it was delivered it was the same time I was sat on the drive sorting my car brakes out.
I found out 3 weeks later the Polish chap who worked for Hermies got the Sack as he moved house but left all the Next cataloges in his old back garden.
Good enough for him lian Barstuard

My Hermes can be very hit & miss.

I've had positive & negative experiences.

FearTheBassPlayer

I had a delivery from Hermes once by a guy in a Domino's Pizza uniform. … I had a delivery from Hermes once by a guy in a Domino's Pizza uniform. He said don't get confused, I mix the 2 jobs oO

Atleast he is trying. I found out not long ago that drivers make rubbish money, including truck drivers, were speaking £8 or under an hour
they dropkicked my burton package because my landlord asked him to shut the gate to keep the chickens in. tried to chase it up but got nowhere. they just returned my clothes disgusting company
Don't they charge something silly like £2.50 to send something, doesn't shock me that they are ****.
My NEXT delivers always arrive by HERMES, always a different driver. It is true they will leave the parcels anywhere, several times I have had a card through stating left in porch, when I do not have a porch, once my clothes were hung on my fence in the rain. That said the parcel can usually be tracked easily and the tracking info is up to date.
Often use these and have had good service so far. Have recently used the parcel shop drop off as it has been cheaper. Their website does say allow 7 days for delivery over the christmas period - usually delivery in 3-4 days.
I avoid using companies that use Hermes to deliver goods now as two bad experiences

1) Toshiba returned by laptop via Hermes and I took the day off to wait in for it and nothing arrived so phoned up for them to say that no one was at the address when the driver went to deliver it. Turns up 3 days later and a note on the box saying no-one in and the driver has hand written the address he tried to deliver it to which is about 5 streets away even though the correct address was on the parcel

2) ordered a few items from brandalley and the driver wouldn't deliver the goods as said it had been opened and items were missing. Phoned up to complain to Hermes about stuff going missing while in their hands and they told me I need to complain to brandalley as it wasn't their problem the items went missing in their hands.

For every 1 good driver they probably have about 10 bad ones who can't be bothered doing their job properly.

Probably one of the cheapest courier companies around that's why companies use them but at the sacrifice of a good service
chuckiedoll

I use them quite often to send (and receive) parcels. Parcels arrive in … I use them quite often to send (and receive) parcels. Parcels arrive in 3-5 working days and I have never had any problems with them at all!

I used myhermes several times never had any problem
I have had real problems with Hermes. I ordered some cake containers from Lakeland and when they hadn't turned up a week later I rang Lakeland only to be told they had been delivered the previous Wednesday. I had them delivered to my work address and as I am always in reception with one other person there was no way it was delivered. Lakeland sent out a replacement using another delivery company and they arrived the next day, guess what the original parcel came 3 days later, more than a week after they said they had delivered it. I am now waiting for Hermes to pick it up again. I ordered trainers from Cotton Traders and just checked on the tracking and guess what it says on the Hermes site delivered at 18.55 last night. No it wasn't the office closes at 5pm and no where else near by is open and there is no outside place to leave the parcel. Now Cotton Traders have got to send out a replacement. I wonder when the original package will arrive, if ever!
Good from my experiences... though many differ.
Painfully slow service that isn't much cheaper than RM even.
I bought something recently it's taking 5 full working days to arrive and the dude paid £4 it's a small parcel.
Should be here already we are both in london, rm would have been a similar or cheaper price and would have been here yesterday.
The fact it's taking so long to arrive = will never recommend or use them again in my entire life.They charge 2-3 day delivery time prices for 7+ working day delivery times.

Edited by: "C64" 10th Jul 2015
deleted265520
C64

Painfully slow service that isn't much cheaper than RM even.I bought … Painfully slow service that isn't much cheaper than RM even.I bought something recently it's taking 5 full working days to arrive and the dude paid £4 it's a small parcel.Should be here already we are both in london, rm would have been a similar or cheaper price and would have been here yesterday.The fact it's taking so long to arrive = will never recommend or use them again in my entire life.They charge 2-3 day delivery time prices for 7+ working day delivery times.

C64

What are you doing bumping a thread that hasn't been commented on in a year.

Misk etiquette plz oO
NEVER EVER USE, NO CUSTOMER REFUND/COMPENSATION EVER!

LATEST: WONT EVEN REFUND CARRIAGE AND ITEM UNACCOUNTED FOR UNTRACKED SOMEWHERE!

This barcode : HRM10005043 / 3600100979154782 (Would not let me put it in)

I am a fair guy and never complain about companies but never in my life to date has a company annoyed me so much as Myhermes.

The thing that annoys me most is the total lack of complaint/ aftercare procedure when quite clearly they have made all the mistakes.

The long story is below, the short story is i paid £18 for tracked and insured delivery to Ireland in which was NOT delivered, and now they cant find.

It sat in a depot for over a week whilst i contacted them at least 3 times with different numbers and addresses they could send it to. It was promised to be delivered to the customer but the next thing i heard was it was on its way back to the UK somewhere, untracked. I PAID FOR FULL TRACKING! Now no one can locate it!!

I have tried the complaint procedure over and over again, but THEY DO NOT LISTEN and fob you off. Now i am massively out of pocket because they will not refund you and they have no idea where the item is. Somewhere in the system is a parcel worth £130!

I attach all the emails below as proof as they DO NOT LISTEN TO THE CUSTOMER. Right now im looking into ways of complaining properly against this company and telling as many people as possible how bad they are

Afternoon James,
Thank you for your email.
In one of your previous emails, you advise the following:
'There must have been a mix up with the phone number but it still does not explain why they only tried to deliver once.'
The parcel would have been delivered within 24-48 hours if we had been able to get through to the customer James.
We tried on several occasions to get through and were unable to, hence the parcel was returned to sender.
I am the highest person to deal with your complaint and I'm afraid no refund is due on this order.
We are a non regulated industry therefore we do not have an ombudsman James.
Thank you for contacting myHermes International.

Kind Regards
Emma Bradley
Customer Service Advisor
myHermes International Customer Services
Hi Emma
the experiences I've had with Hermes have always been awful, coming second to Amazon logistics who have never delivered without a problem!
@Jamesdip, same here. Parcel missing, nobody is able to track it. They give different versions.. it is still at the deposit.. no actually it is on its way.. where is a mistery! I believe they don't have a contact number because too afraid to talk to very angry people!
left me a card saying parcel left in shed, have no shed and neighbors shed is behind 6 foot high locked gate. has hermes employed the milk tray man to deliver, probably not. parcel no doubt in some bin somewhere
YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR…HERMES=CHEAP DELIVERY=RUBISH SERVICE

I would have given this -5 stars but there is no option for that.

I will never buy another item from eBay or anywhere else if delivery is through Hermes

Over the past year alone I have ordered may many items of which 3 were delivered by Hermes, and ALL 3 WERE DAMAGED OR LOST OR RETURNED RATHER THAN REDELIVERED

October 2015 I bought a wooden (coffin shaped) urn for my father’s ashes… it was smashed when I got it FROM HERMES

January 2016 I had a toaster sent to me via Hermes delivery… smashed front face knobs don’t work

Today (March 2016) I stayed at home (wasted a holiday) to receive a delivery that was not left yesterday but was told would be redelivered today… CAN YOU BELIEVE IT they just returned it so now I won’t have a birthday present in time for this weekend for someone.
DISGUSTING SERVICE
When I called them this time around all I get are silly little girls on the end of the phone who don’t give a damn and expect me to spend my money calling around to the company to get it returned or redelivered, they won’t resend another item out until they have the returned Item back and then will they want to charge me for re posting???
I was Put through to the ‘Manager’ Julie Jones (yeah if that is her real name) who was rude and obnoxious (they are the ones at fault yet she is shouting at me and being so rude to me)
Grr I am so angry NEVER EVER WILL I BUY ANYTHING IF IT IS BEING SENT VIA HERMES I WOULD RATHER LOSE OUT ON THE ITEM
Myhermes. The drivers don't have any rules. The driver took my parcels home for 2 weeks when he went on holiday. And when he delivered he was rude. 3 out of 7 parcels when missing. And all there office could say was can you wait. Then no answer.. Do not use.. Please. You get what you pay for
stephen.harrison12 m ago

Myhermes. The drivers don't have any rules. The driver took my parcels …Myhermes. The drivers don't have any rules. The driver took my parcels home for 2 weeks when he went on holiday. And when he delivered he was rude. 3 out of 7 parcels when missing. And all there office could say was can you wait. Then no answer.. Do not use.. Please. You get what you pay for

We have had the same driver for about 2 years and they have always been great, knock loudly and give us time to answer the door as she knows we both have fibro and getting up can be slow sometimes. Never any issues with receiving.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants