Groups

My Hermes fire

Had an email from my Hermes last night saying they had had a fire. Although no parcels were damaged it's going to take an extra couple of days to send out packages.

30 Comments

Sounds strange.

From their website:

Update 05/12/14 11:00: Further to yesterday's hub fire, we are pleased to announce that nobody was hurt, no parcels were damaged, the hub machines are now repaired and we are fully operational again. We would ask for your patience over the weekend as we catch up on the backlog of parcels.
    Please note: NEXT deliveries have not been affected by this incident due to the unique way they process their parcels through our network.

Original Poster

Glad no one was hurt. Hopefully they catch up quickly

Yeah got an email too, plus a 5 pound voucher from the retailer to say sorry

Great, got a couple of parcels out and no doubt will get a couple of simpleton ebayers that will mark my stars down.

Original Poster

Have let all my ebayers know cos I was worried about this too

Hope my unsmoked bacon is ok.

Ps Pinksmurf why are you admitting to it ?

Guess I got lucky. Received my item today via Hermes.

miikeyblue

Hope the wifes new toy from ann summers arrives

ME TOO

That's funny, I got an email from Yodel saying they had a 2 day delay on parcels aswell!!

Hubby works for Hermes and all the depots staff are working their nights off to clear the backlog

dontasciime

Hope my unsmoked bacon is ok.

No it's most likely smoked now

brett95

No it's most likely smoked now

aha! now i get it!

Got a similar email from UK Mail stating that there had been a delay. Parcel expected today has changed to Monday. Coincidence?

Maybe they should change their name to "Herpes" as they are very irritating little ***** !

sarajayne

Hubby works for Hermes and all the depots staff are working their nights … Hubby works for Hermes and all the depots staff are working their nights off to clear the backlog

Yep me to" got a 16 hour shift Saturday,and then back in for 6 days straight"no rest day"

markjohnson

Maybe they should change their name to "Herpes" as they are very … Maybe they should change their name to "Herpes" as they are very irritating little ***** !

members?

stgeorge

Great, got a couple of parcels out and no doubt will get a couple of … Great, got a couple of parcels out and no doubt will get a couple of simpleton ebayers that will mark my stars down.

Why don't you inbox them to advise them?

Good news that no one was hurt

[quote=herby247]http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2014-03-26-ProfessionalsG007.jpg

Edited by: "Oneday77" 6th Dec 2014

Can anyone tell me who Debenhams use to deliver their parcel?. I ordered Benefit make up kit on December 1st and it's marked as 'routed to courier' yesterday. Just wondering if Hermes is the courier.

winklewoo79

Why don't you inbox them to advise them?

I already have but I'll bet my left nut one of them negs me or marks my stars down.

I wonder just how many of the beat up old cars that Hermes drivers use are actually insured for business use?

It's a sure fact that many of them are not roadworthy.

Hermes is probably most the reliable for me when delivering, never had any problems but always have endless problems with Yodel.

I had emails from Tesco last week about a 2 day delay... something fishy is going on

Deaconblue

Can anyone tell me who Debenhams use to deliver their parcel?. I ordered … Can anyone tell me who Debenhams use to deliver their parcel?. I ordered Benefit make up kit on December 1st and it's marked as 'routed to courier' yesterday. Just wondering if Hermes is the courier.

Not sure if it's too late but if you still haven't found out Debenhams does use Heremes, never personally had a problem but it can be very much down to your local courier. Hope it's arrived or if not arrives soon.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?2299
      2. hOW SHOCKED WERE YOU AT THE GLASGOW FRUIT MARKET CONFLAGRATION??1111
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764160
      4. Sad news about Barcelona24101

See more discussions