Expired

my hermes sorry to inform you your parcelhas been stolen!

Found 12th Aug 2015
Well

got this lovely email earlier and as a result I would advise people to stay clear of my hermes,

"We are sorry to inform you that your parcel, has been stolen while in transit with myHermes. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience this may cause you and your recipient.

The Police have been informed and they will carry out an investigation.

We will refund you up to the maximum compensation amount that you took out with us at the time of your order. To enable us to process this speedily, please complete the following online claim form"

Made me smile in a manic kind of way, only ever sent TWO things with this company, so a 50% theft rate already. I decided to look at the tracking information they have on their website and somewhat stunningly their agent collected my parcel as well as a car full of others I assume at 1AM! So I wonder if they were out delivering at 1AM of do you thing they popped home, leaving the car on the drive full of parcels on display and they got robbed. The woman that delivers locally drives round in a car that is jammed with things she is delivering, thankfully she doesn't even knock on the door she just posts a slip through saying you were not in (bearing in mind she walked past you while you were watering the front lawn, said hello and talked about the weather)

Thankfully no number to contact on webforms to complete for compensation which can take 14 days. Sent email explaining the psychological trauma at being a victim of crime had left me afraid to venture outdoors and as it was their agent I might need to make a claim for the trauma I was suffering, money refunded within 30 minutes!

Irony is the item that got nicked was a CCTV camera that was faulty and was being returned.

Royal Mail from now on.
Community Updates
42 Comments
had simlar. my message was van stolen containing my parcel.
The Police have been informed and they will carry out an investigation.

That is funny and never gonna happen.
you should call Zeus...Hermes failed
have they started their Xmas shopping early this year?
Original Poster Banned
donaldduck2

The Police have been informed and they will carry out an … The Police have been informed and they will carry out an investigation.That is funny and never gonna happen.

I wonder if they will send somebody to the scene OR my Hermes will just email them a photo as they don't come out to burglary any more.

Just made me laugh the agent collected their deliveries at around 1AM. The company is obviously for clowns. Freaking 1AM, they must employ vampires and thieving ones at that. :'(
Original Poster Banned
crazycyp

you should call Zeus...Hermes failed

I didn't want a thunder bolt although they need one right up the nose"
A Hermes courier recently collected a return from me. The box was large with a smaller light item. When I handed it over she specifically asked me if it wasn't an empty box.. I thought she was kidding, but was serious.
Felt a little degraded and judged.
Poor service and the company they were collected for would be upset if they knew they treated customers like this.
so you got your refund for the faulty cctv faster than you would otherwise have done? result
thanks hermes
Original Poster Banned
brilly

so you got your refund for the faulty cctv faster than you would … so you got your refund for the faulty cctv faster than you would otherwise have done? resultthanks hermes

And money for the postage too so cost nothing to return. LOL should post it as a deal.
MyHermes are great round here, no thefts from collection couriers.

Perhaps it's the poor area you live in? High rate of crime?
Edited by: "JmeH" 13th Aug 2015
Original Poster Banned
simonturner69

MyHermes are great round here, no thefts from collection couriers. … MyHermes are great round here, no thefts from collection couriers. ;)Perhaps it's the poor area you live in? High rate of crime?

HA HA it was stolen from where ever I sent it too you muppet. I think that the company using personal vehicles and ramming them with parcels that are on display is the problem. You sound like a my hermes employee?
Banned
If its your hermes then youve only got yourself to blame.
Banned
Graham1979

HA HA it was stolen from where ever I sent it too you muppet. I think … HA HA it was stolen from where ever I sent it too you muppet. I think that the company using personal vehicles and ramming them with parcels that are on display is the problem. You sound like a my hermes employee?

I dont think he works for them

Oh can you work for them and still be on Job Seekers Allowance?
Sent loads of parcels with myhermes, had a couple of issues and a full refund for the item cost + postage was in my account within a few weeks. Customer service is bang on and keep you updated with what is happening.

Every courier has its faults but I will continue to use myhermes because it is convenient to send, cheap and they have great after sales support.
see lots of issue with hermes but our local delivery person is very good, she know the time the people she delivers to are in and doesn't waste her time delivering when they aren't and she only gets a pittance for each delivery.

could have been another company that had its van nicked, not an issue just related to this one company.

we had a sky box delivered a few months back, said online it had been signed for but wife was in and nothing had been delivered, when I called the delivery company they said it had been delivered, I told them to check with their driver they then said he delivered it to number 19 we live at the other end of the street, said he may have got confused. then called them back as he had pushed a card through the door of number 19 and said he had left it in the garden. The delivery company had been informed 5 minutes after he left it but wouldn't make him go back to the address, guess the driver got himself a lovely new sky box.
Original Poster Banned
bazzamone

I dont think he works for them :)Oh can you work for them and still be on … I dont think he works for them :)Oh can you work for them and still be on Job Seekers Allowance?

I think most of them probably are! X)
tri_94

had simlar. my message was van stolen containing my parcel.

This also happened to me a year or 2 back!
Got an email saying van containing my parcel had been nicked, the muppets who stole it didn;t even open the parcels, they just torched it!! Could've had my new Macbook if they'd bothered
Just so you know when they refuse to pay any compensation.

https://www.myhermes.co.uk/help/carry-guide.html

A FULL LIST OF GOODS EXCLUDED FROM COMPENSATION
Electrical or electronic items;

So, not sure why your using a service that isn't suitable in the first place?
Original Poster Banned
splatsplatsplat

Just so you know when they refuse to pay any … Just so you know when they refuse to pay any compensation.https://www.myhermes.co.uk/help/carry-guide.htmlA FULL LIST OF GOODS EXCLUDED FROM COMPENSATION...Electrical or electronic items;...So, not sure why your using a service that isn't suitable in the first place?

Yeah they hardly ram the terms and conditions in your face when they are taking your money, in fact reading through them pretty much nothing is covered at all. Anything electrical goes from a Tamagotchi to the Hadron Collider.

The company is cheap for a reason, dodgy practices including delivery agents collecting stuff at 1AM then having their car "broken into". I might email back and ask for the crime reference number and follow it up with the police to find out the facts. Thankfully they are going to cough up without the standard 14 day delay.
Graham1979

HA HA it was stolen from where ever I sent it too you muppet. I think … HA HA it was stolen from where ever I sent it too you muppet. I think that the company using personal vehicles and ramming them with parcels that are on display is the problem. You sound like a my hermes employee?

Yeah, cheers for the camera.

Not even broken, from the way you type, I assume you just couldn't read the instructions.

Also, regarding the "collecting stuff at 1AM", understanding the difference between "manifested" and "received" will solve your quibble.

Perhaps sticking with RM is best for you, seeing as you can just hand it to the Post office worker and they can do most of it for you, all you have to do is grab a nice coloured crayon and try write the address on the parcel.
Original Poster Banned
simonturner69

Yeah, cheers for the camera.Not even broken, from the way you type, I … Yeah, cheers for the camera.Not even broken, from the way you type, I assume you just couldn't read the instructions.Also, regarding the "collecting stuff at 1AM", understanding the difference between "manifested" and "received" will solve your quibble.Perhaps sticking with RM is best for you, seeing as you can just hand it to the Post office worker and they can do most of it for you, all you have to do is grab a nice coloured crayon and try write the address on the parcel.

splatsplatsplat

Just so you know when they refuse to pay any … Just so you know when they refuse to pay any compensation.https://www.myhermes.co.uk/help/carry-guide.htmlA FULL LIST OF GOODS EXCLUDED FROM COMPENSATION...Electrical or electronic items;...So, not sure why your using a service that isn't suitable in the first place?

lease be aware that the following goods are Excluded from Compensation for Damage:

Antiques (objects over 100 years old);
Any dangerous, hazardous or prohibited goods (as detailed in our Prohibited Goods section);
Articles made largely or wholly of gold, silver or other precious metals;
Ceramic or composite items of any description; including without limitation; glass, mirrored items, crystal, ceramic porcelain, plaster, marble, china, stone, slate, resin, granite, concrete (or any item containing these materials)
Items which have been strapped together;
Diamonds and other precious stones;
Eggs;
Electrical or electronic items;
Food items;
Fire Extinguishers;
Fossils, stones, or stoneware;
Furniture (Unless flat packed);
Items made wholly or partly of glass;
Human and animal remains including, without limitation, ashes;
Jewellery;
Liquids;
Marble or any stone derivative;
Money bankers' drafts, current bank notes, currency notes or coins, credit cards, debit cards, uncrossed postal orders which do not state to whom they are to be paid, cheques or dividend warrants which are uncrossed and made payable to the bearer, bearer securities including share warrants, scripts or subscription certificates, bonds or relative coupons; un-franked postage or revenue stamps (except a revenue stamp embossed or impressed on an instrument which has been executed), coupons, vouchers, tokens, stamps, lottery tickets, scratch cards or similar items which can be exchanged by themselves or with any other item for money or goods or services, national insurance stamps, all tickets including travel and events;
Musical instrument hard cases and suitcases when used as external packaging;
Musical instruments;
Negotiable documents;
Perishable goods;
Plants, seeds, flowers, and plant derivatives;
Real fur;
Resin items, amber and composites;
SIM cards;
Stamps;
Watches;
Tobacco and Tobacco products.

They strangely don't show you this list before you buy their service, maybe it's because when it gets "lost" in the system they can email you saying sorry your claim is invalid as it is on the list of 95% all known items on the planet above!

Funnily if you do send something that is prohibited including animals and they're "found in our delivery network we will dispose of them". Do you think they just bin them?

Edited by: "Graham1979" 14th Aug 2015
Original Poster Banned
simonturner69

Yeah, cheers for the camera.Not even broken, from the way you type, I … Yeah, cheers for the camera.Not even broken, from the way you type, I assume you just couldn't read the instructions.Also, regarding the "collecting stuff at 1AM", understanding the difference between "manifested" and "received" will solve your quibble.Perhaps sticking with RM is best for you, seeing as you can just hand it to the Post office worker and they can do most of it for you, all you have to do is grab a nice coloured crayon and try write the address on the parcel.

Perhaps you could work for RM as replying to my posts at 3am is a tad late at night although you had probably just been to pick up your daily collections oO
bazzamone

If its your hermes then youve only got yourself to blame.

Holy crap, OP's words: "Made me smile in a manic kind of way" had me thinking of YOUR AVATAR and I was just going to point that out until... you appeared in the comments... creepy
Anyway, why would anyone not go with Royal Mail? I've only used them because it's like the only way.. everything else is bogus is it not?
It's good that you are siding with them now (again) OP Welcome back (presumably) to the Royal Mailers club
Original Poster Banned
consume

Holy crap, OP's words: "Made me smile in a manic kind of way" had me … Holy crap, OP's words: "Made me smile in a manic kind of way" had me thinking of YOUR AVATAR and I was just going to point that out until... you appeared in the comments... creepy

Leave bazzamone alone, HUKD is his comfort zone X)
Aiiii sorry >.> I couldn't help myself, but next time I'll try to resist.
splatsplatsplat

I got refunded for a Panasonic Subwoofer just last week that was left beside a bin in my customers garden, the box had Panasonic written all over it in lkarge letters. Obviously the SUB was not next to the bin when the guy got in from work.

I contacted my hermes and they did an investigation and I was refunded in about 3 weeks.
Original Poster Banned
NEtech

I got refunded for a Panasonic Subwoofer just last week that was left … I got refunded for a Panasonic Subwoofer just last week that was left beside a bin in my customers garden, the box had Panasonic written all over it in lkarge letters. Obviously the SUB was not next to the bin when the guy got in from work.I contacted my hermes and they did an investigation and I was refunded in about 3 weeks.

Dude any company that leaves stuff lying about like that needs to be shut down. Why didn't they just leave it in the middle of the road or floating in the nearest pond.
Graham1979

Dude any company that leaves stuff lying about like that needs to be shut … Dude any company that leaves stuff lying about like that needs to be shut down. Why didn't they just leave it in the middle of the road or floating in the nearest pond.

I agree mate 100%, they should train the self employed gimps to a higher standard. But, on the plus side I can't fault myhermes customer service, I have had to use it twice over the last few months and it has been spot on.
Original Poster Banned
NEtech

I agree mate 100%, they should train the self employed gimps to a higher … I agree mate 100%, they should train the self employed gimps to a higher standard. But, on the plus side I can't fault myhermes customer service, I have had to use it twice over the last few months and it has been spot on.

TWICE? TWICE? LOL although I know you sell stuff via eBay just tell me it was more than TWO things that you sent!
Banned
Graham1979

They strangely don't show you this list before you buy their service, … They strangely don't show you this list before you buy their service, maybe it's because when it gets "lost" in the system they can email you saying sorry your claim is invalid as it is on the list of 95% all known items on the planet above!Funnily if you do send something that is prohibited including animals and they're "found in our delivery network we will dispose of them". Do you think they just bin them?

Not sure where you looked but the page after you type the postcode and weight clearly has the link to these right at the top of the quote before you even get to the price.
The exclusions are for damage not loss
They're all as bad as each other.
Last year UPS picked up a parcel from my house. It was a faulty xbox console being sent to Germany for repair under warranty - with an address label supplied by Microsoft clearly marking it for delivery to Frankfurt, and showing my address in the "from" section.

UPS delivered it to my address the next day. Clowns. I had a b*gger of a time getting it sorted out.
Original Poster Banned
Late

They're all as bad as each other.Last year UPS picked up a parcel from my … They're all as bad as each other.Last year UPS picked up a parcel from my house. It was a faulty xbox console being sent to Germany for repair under warranty - with an address label supplied by Microsoft clearly marking it for delivery to Frankfurt, and showing my address in the "from" section.UPS delivered it to my address the next day. Clowns. I had a b*gger of a time getting it sorted out.

As u are a boro fan, I feel righteous indignation twice as much! UTB!
donaldduck2

The Police have been informed and they will carry out an … The Police have been informed and they will carry out an investigation.That is funny and never gonna happen.

Lol
Never had a problem with any of my neighbourhood couriers, probably cursed myself now though!
Graham1979

I wonder if they will send somebody to the scene OR my Hermes will just … I wonder if they will send somebody to the scene OR my Hermes will just email them a photo as they don't come out to burglary any more.Just made me laugh the agent collected their deliveries at around 1AM. The company is obviously for clowns. Freaking 1AM, they must employ vampires and thieving ones at that. :'(

Hi

I used to be a Hermes courier gave it up as was so bad! Treated like crap it's silly how parcels are insured in the car as you have to pay a parcel insurance every time you work, they are insured in the couriers car through a company called QBE but it's contracted through Hermes, I was told when I started if I took the parcels inside my house so they weren't in view in the car I would be liable if the parcel was stolen if my house got broken into, so I was told to leave all parcels in clear view in my car over night! Stupid isn't it, i don't work there now not sure why I did in the first place
Safe delivery here -
https://youtube.com/watch?v=UXL661P8u3c

Title says it is a man but I think it is just a very ugly woman!
CCTV camera = Electrical item = No compensation regardless of how much insurance you coughed up

No idea why people use this company!
deleted265520
Late

They're all as bad as each other.Last year UPS picked up a parcel from my … They're all as bad as each other.Last year UPS picked up a parcel from my house. It was a faulty xbox console being sent to Germany for repair under warranty - with an address label supplied by Microsoft clearly marking it for delivery to Frankfurt, and showing my address in the "from" section.UPS delivered it to my address the next day. Clowns. I had a b*gger of a time getting it sorted out.

Hilarious (obviously not for you).

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions