My home theatre is starting to break, what do I need to buy to replace it ??

5 replies
Found 21st Aug 2016
lg.com/uk/…tem

I have this... keep getting a message saying mic in mic out and the sound cuts off... all the speakers are fine though can I just get something cheap to replace it? not bothered about a DVD player as I have ps4, ideally it would have an optical connection for my tv and a so jax to plug in chromecast and then just speaker connections? they are the old wired speaker, are speakers plug in cables nowadays?

just not sure what to search for... does it need to be good enough to match the speaker power ?

5 Comments

Isn't that a newish system ? Are you replacing the whole unit with speakers or just the front end/amp. If you're keeping the speakers then you will need something to power subwoofer.

Original Poster

kester76

Isn't that a newish system ? Are you replacing the whole unit with … Isn't that a newish system ? Are you replacing the whole unit with speakers or just the front end/amp. If you're keeping the speakers then you will need something to power subwoofer.

had it about six years i think. would have to replace the dvd / amp box and keep the speakers

chrisredmayne

had it about six years i think. would have to replace the dvd / amp box … had it about six years i think. would have to replace the dvd / amp box and keep the speakers

​I think your subwoofer is passive so you would need a separate amp for that. The other speaker should be compatible with a cheap 2nd hand home cinema

I'm pretty sure that's the exact one I had (that's packed away somewhere) I went for soundbar with optical output , found that's less intrusive , more powerful with clearer sound

Original Poster

can you get a good simulated surround sound from a sound bar though or is it all front sounds ??
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. With or without cream?56
    2. Mobile WiFi calling?44
    3. Gearbest: Order - Nowhere to be seen...810
    4. WANTED tickets for Logic Manchester23

See more discussions