Groups

my hoovers just blown up!!!!

ok guys my dyson of 6years has just blown up literally and i will need to buy a new hoover today (two kids, two dogs in the house!)
    so what do you suggest is the best hoover out there at the moment?
    thanks in advance for your suggestions and apologies for the boring question!

31 Comments

I would definately say another dyson, mine conked out from hovering up plaster dust (my fault I know), and I now have the animal one which is fab. Expensive but worth it.

Get a Sebo - very good cleaners.

Angelstar;4384688

I would definately say another dyson, mine conked out from hovering up … I would definately say another dyson, mine conked out from hovering up plaster dust (my fault I know), and I now have the animal one which is fab. Expensive but worth it.

+1 :thumbsup:

Original Poster

thanks angelstar was thinking that too dyson are def the best on the market
    phoopha never heard of sebo but thanks

have you considered phoning them maybe a spare part for it might be cheaper than buying a new one cos usually they have a 5 year guarantee maybe if they nice they might fix it for free, worth a try x x x x x
    you're welcome x x x x x

http://a.abcnews.com/images/US/rt_dust_storm_080404_ssh.jpg

lol x x x x x

Dyson's are overrated, I've personally had nothing but problems with them, Mainly overheating.

Get anything but a Dyson.

Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Vaccum Cleaner NEW £49.95 INC P&P @ Bissell Shop Direct

Have you seen this one? I bought it. Great vacuum:thumbsup:

A Henry, knocks spots off our Dyson

Original Poster

i was thinking about going for the dyson ball but i am worried that my dogs hair will get caught in the ball. think i read somewhere about long hair jamming the ball and my lhasa apso has longish hair so dont know really what to buy.

alfie and harrys mum;4384785

i was thinking about going for the dyson ball but i am worried that my … i was thinking about going for the dyson ball but i am worried that my dogs hair will get caught in the ball. think i read somewhere about long hair jamming the ball and my lhasa apso has longish hair so dont know really what to buy.

Have a look at the comments in the link i sent you. All good. I have 2 dogs and its the only hoover I have had that lifts all the hairs easily:thumbsup:

Original Poster

thanks rosie2008 for the info will defo think about the bissell :thumbsup:

Henry, powerful and reliable

Original Poster

mmm just the way i like my man:whistling:

My OH swears by our Roomba iRobot 530 - I was sceptical about it at first but it is darn good. Just turn it on and it does all the work by itself. Really picks up the dirt well too - better than our dyson on carpets. Only downside is that it can't do stairs...

recommend a Bissell...........much more powerful than a Dyson, and excellent customer service too. Best vac for a bargain price

sebo.co.uk/

They are very good machines - extremely reliable and very powerful. I got mine after my Dyson died. One of the things I like about the Sebo is how you can dismantle it for unblocking / cleaning it. It has very good filtration and a good range of accessories.

My Daughters Dyson actually caught fire, faulty switch, Dyson didn't want to know, totally useless company.

No more Dyson's for her.:x

>my hoovers just blown up!!!!

It is a vacuum cleaner not a "hoover".

Hoover is a brand name (like Dyson or Phillips)

The product is a vacuum cleaner.

guilbert53;4385007

my hoovers just blown up!!!!It is a vacuum cleaner not a "hoover".Hoover … >my hoovers just blown up!!!!It is a vacuum cleaner not a "hoover".Hoover is a brand name (like Dyson or Phillips)The product is a vacuum cleaner.

:roll: you sound like my hubby. Have heard that so many times over the years but its still a hoover to me.:p

ive got 3 here all under a year old just need belts .. your welcome to have any or all of them free if you are close enough to collect

Button moons a bit far to travel.

button_moon;4385056

ive got 3 here all under a year old just need belts .. your welcome to … ive got 3 here all under a year old just need belts .. your welcome to have any or all of them free if you are close enough to collect

That's nice of you to offer x x x x x

Banned

Hm.
    Look on [url]www.hotukdeals.co.uk[/url] for a bargain

phoopha;4384898

http://www.sebo.co.uk/ They are very good machines - extremely reliable … http://www.sebo.co.uk/ They are very good machines - extremely reliable and very powerful. I got mine after my Dyson died. One of the things I like about the Sebo is how you can dismantle it for unblocking / cleaning it. It has very good filtration and a good range of accessories.

Get yourself a SEBO...fantastic machines :thumbsup:

Hi I could put a used good condition motor in it for £40 that includes a courier to collect and to deliver it back, or if you are local to me it would be cheaper.
    Let me know if you are interested.
    Michelle

Original Poster

thanks so much to you all for the advice eventually went with another dyson from currys, although we had the assistant from hell or maybe i was just p***ed off at having to purchase a new hoover!
    i said to the assistant "i'd like to buy this hoover please"
    his response was "this is not a hoover, this is a vacuum cleaner, hoover is a brand as is tannoy, when you buy a tannoy system thats a brand too!!!"
    what the f**** was that all about?
    maybe it was you working today in currys guilbert53, if it was i apologise for my answer to the assistant which was "it sucks dust and dirt and thats what i want it to do!"

thanks again for all the offers and advice :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

a bagged one hepa is carp
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win the ultimate Land Rover Rugby Prize11
      2. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card66
      3. Win a Year's Supply of Tea, a Coffee Hamper & a Coffee Machine54
      4. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…88

See more discussions