My HUKD app is in French! Help

Posted 23rd Nov
I updated to the new Black Friday app and the whole thing went baguette on me!! Can someone let me know which setting to choose on the app please. Screenshots would be appreciated
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

39 Comments
The HUKD app will use the language of the device usually. If your device is set to UK English then I would recommend an uninstall/reinstall.
Non....
Settings in French is paramètres, maybe check for that?
Are you sure you've downloaded the proper Hotukdeals app ?
LillyM23/11/2019 19:21

Settings in French is paramètres, maybe check for that?

39089749-4fL1R.jpg
jco8323/11/2019 19:56

Are you sure you've downloaded the proper Hotukdeals app ?

Lol yes, just updated straight from the AppStore.
Have had the Hukd app for years and this update just went a bit sideways haha.
GujSehambi23/11/2019 19:58

Lol yes, just updated straight from the AppStore.Have had the Hukd app for …Lol yes, just updated straight from the AppStore.Have had the Hukd app for years and this update just went a bit sideways haha.

Are any of your other apps showing French?
Haircut_10023/11/2019 20:00

Are any of your other apps showing French?

No. I’ve already deleted Hukd’s data and documents in the iPhone’s setting, then uninstalled and reinstalled the app
Is it working now? I was having dinner, sorry!
That just shows the deals settings...
LillyM23/11/2019 20:18

That just shows the deals settings...

Yeah that’s the only parametres there, otherwise the setting is basically...
39090331-fVgIA.jpg
Do you know if there’s a reset to default anywhere?
I’ve had a look on mine which is in English and cannot see any settings for the language, let me have a look
That’s really weird, I have no idea, as I’m in the Uk mine is in English and I can’t see anywhere to change the language setting at all. When you look at the deals are they french deals or uk ones?
You might have to check your phone/tablet settings? Mine changed in my iPad when I spent some time in France and it took me a while to realise. Otherwise you might need to contact admin, sorry I couldn’t help
LillyM23/11/2019 20:44

That’s really weird, I have no idea, as I’m in the Uk mine is in English an …That’s really weird, I have no idea, as I’m in the Uk mine is in English and I can’t see anywhere to change the language setting at all. When you look at the deals are they french deals or uk ones?

Yeah mine was in English up until a few days ago from the last update haha. Deals are written in English yes
39090551-o664h.jpg
But the app headings, settings and everything are in French ie if I want to put a new keyword for notifications etc I’m lost lol. I wouldn’t mind any other time of the year but Black Friday is in a 6 days hahaha Sod’s law. Thanks so much for your help though, I managed to email admins yesterday but no response yetXD
bonjour avez-vous entendu parler de l’anglais qui a téléchargé hukd en français?
I’d swap with you if I could not bothered either way though my French is rusty ( shame on me as I am french 😳, just been living here for too long now )
In the meantime I can translate some terms you want to look for (if I can )
JumpMan198023/11/2019 20:57

bonjour avez-vous entendu parler de l’anglais qui a téléchargé hukd en fran …bonjour avez-vous entendu parler de l’anglais qui a téléchargé hukd en français?

39090621-fkGOf.jpg
I can only replicate that (ie French in settings but the rest as you'd expect) when I change the language on my device to French.

Do you have a language order preference set on your device which might be causing this? Settings > General > Language & Region
magicjay198623/11/2019 21:05

I can only replicate that (ie French in settings but the rest as you'd …I can only replicate that (ie French in settings but the rest as you'd expect) when I change the language on my device to French. Do you have a language order preference set on your device which might be causing this? Settings > General > Language & Region

iPhone language English
Region United Kingdom
Calendar
Temperature etc

No language preferences or second language order selected, everything’s as it should be. Guess I’m just going to have to wait for another app update, hopefully that’ll solve the issue. Has anyone else had this problem recently?
GujSehambi23/11/2019 21:10

iPhone language EnglishRegion United KingdomCalendarTemperature etcNo …iPhone language EnglishRegion United KingdomCalendarTemperature etcNo language preferences or second language order selected, everything’s as it should be. Guess I’m just going to have to wait for another app update, hopefully that’ll solve the issue. Has anyone else had this problem recently?

I'll ask around to see if the app team can help. Sorry if you've already answered this but have you tried reinstalling the app?
magicjay198623/11/2019 21:12

I'll ask around to see if the app team can help. Sorry if you've already …I'll ask around to see if the app team can help. Sorry if you've already answered this but have you tried reinstalling the app?

Yes I deleted the app (which deletes the documents and data too from settings>general>iPhone storage>hotukdeals) then reinstalled. I’ll try it again and I’ll restart my phone before the reinstall to see if that clears cache or anything
Unfortunately that didn’t work
Time to learn French.
They have the same website in French called dealabs maybe there was some kind of mix up along the way... anyway, available (intermittently) for French lessons if needed
Oh la la
Has it gone on strike?
I'll just leave this here:
HappyShopper24/11/2019 21:14

I'll just leave this here: [Video]

Argh it’s useless, I surrender!

Wow, guess I’m fluent already
GujSehambi25/11/2019 13:31

Argh it’s useless, I surrender! Wow, guess I’m fluent already

This is so crazy that it can’t be resolved.

I wouldn’t be able to cope.

I find it hard enough to grasp English
myusernamehasgone23425/11/2019 14:19

This is so crazy that it can’t be resolved. I wouldn’t be able to cope.I fi …This is so crazy that it can’t be resolved. I wouldn’t be able to cope.I find it hard enough to grasp English

I was hoping today’s new app update would fix it too but no luck
Hello! Can you send me a screenshot of your Language & Region page of your iPhone settings please? It can be a bit tricky
mattlabs27/11/2019 14:19

Hello! Can you send me a screenshot of your Language & Region page of your …Hello! Can you send me a screenshot of your Language & Region page of your iPhone settings please? It can be a bit tricky

39140429-aBRam.jpg

Thanks for your help
GujSehambi27/11/2019 14:21

[Image] Thanks for your help

Can you try switching to English (UK)?
What's your device and iOS version please?
mattlabs27/11/2019 14:24

Can you try switching to English (UK)? What's your device and iOS version …Can you try switching to English (UK)? What's your device and iOS version please?

Yes That fixed it! Thank you.
It was on English U.K., I uninstalled the app, switched to English US, restarted the phone, switched back to English U.K., restarted the phone and reinstalled the app. Thank you for your help
GujSehambi27/11/2019 14:42

Yes That fixed it! Thank you.It was on English U.K., I uninstalled the …Yes That fixed it! Thank you.It was on English U.K., I uninstalled the app, switched to English US, restarted the phone, switched back to English U.K., restarted the phone and reinstalled the app. Thank you for your help

Mais voyons, cela me fait extrêmement plaisir que de pouvoir aider
mattlabs27/11/2019 14:48

Mais voyons, cela me fait extrêmement plaisir que de pouvoir aider

39140927-Sfqzp.jpg
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions