my iphone 3g fell in a pint of john smiths smooth !!!!!!!

18 replies
Found 15th Feb 2009
at a do last night i was balancing my iphone on a pint and it fell head first into it, so i pulled it out sucked it and hoped for the best, its still working but speaker seams knackered just wondering what options i have if any ie take out an insurance plan or would that not work?

1. Misc
  2. iPhone
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. iPhone
12 Comments

I'm sorry but that did make me laugh:)

Banned

If it had been cider, you may have got away with it!

Banned

If its not a silly question... why where you balancing your phone on a beer glass? I know they are versatile - but I've never seen any mention of diving or swimming in the "can do's"

Have you tried opening it up? Ive had phones die that went through the washing machine that Ive managed to bring back to life by opening, cleaning with distilled water, then airing to dry off. Not suggesting you do that - but Id be more worried that it might not just be the speaker working in the future!

Download the iPint next time! ;-)

birdyboyuk;4385079

Download the iPint next time! ;-)

classic!

Banned

Is this how you got the beer out?

http://www.hottrixdownload.com/secure/iBeer/iBeer_files/shapeimage_1.jpg

the porter;4385055

it keeps shutting itself down as well its not healthy at all ,i had my … it keeps shutting itself down as well its not healthy at all ,i had my glass in 1 hand phone in other so i thought how can i reply to an email easily, so i thought i would rest the iphone on the glass and reply to the mail, build a mental picture up in your head and you will see it was a good idea at the time, but as i was half cut it didnt go to plan and in it dropped kerplunk,its only 6 weaks old as well :x

just so you know, no it wasn't a good idea at the time:-D

Report it stolen and claim on your home insurance.

pugw$sh;4385199

Report it stolen and claim on your home insurance.

Yeah. Tell them you met a "John Smith" and he took it and you're real bitter about it. That way it's not really a false claim - just a typo!

the porter;4388491

i restored it and put it on the rad all afternoon the speaker has started … i restored it and put it on the rad all afternoon the speaker has started working and touch wood it seems fine again would any1 reccomend buying another swapping them and sending it straight back or would they know ?

They would know you swapped it because of the IMEI number...how is it doing now?

the porter;4388491

i restored it and put it on the rad all afternoon the speaker has started … i restored it and put it on the rad all afternoon the speaker has started working and touch wood it seems fine again would any1 reccomend buying another swapping them and sending it straight back or would they know ?

Funny story

Glad it seems to be working and you are not bitter :w00t:

Serious, I would take out insurance just in case you it packs up again as mine one did that I dropped down the toilet, even though it seemed fine after drying out it wouldn't charge and steadily got worse

the porter;4388491

Also, in the iPhone is a Water/Liquid Sensor, which will have been triggered so they know it has been wet

blog.wired.com/gad…tml
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Best place to get Euro's... this Wednesday?1221
    2. Schuh discount code22
    3. Is this expensive?1119
    4. Samsung UE50MU6120KXXU or LG 55UJ630V23

See more discussions