Found 15th Oct 2010
I've come on for a little moan! I was late for work yesterday because my alarm went off but made no noise, silly me I thought, maybe it's because I left it on silent. Later on I realised it wasn't on silent, so I tried playing a song on it, and the song appeared to be playing but no noise came out.

I fiddled about with it, and noticed if I put pressure on the bottom right corner of the phone, the sound works intermittently. I took it to O2 and they said they can get it repaired at a cost - and I have to pay for a loan phone! No thanks.

Apple said to take it in to The Trafford Centre next week where they'll swap it out for a new one. What a pain eh? My nearest Apple store is 70 miles away.. and I couldn't even get a slot there so I'm having to travel 100 miles to The Trafford Centre. Oh well, it beats being without a phone I guess.

Anyone else encountered this problem? I wouldn't mind so much but my iPhone is pristine, it was in a case from the second I bought it, with protective film on the front and back for good measure!

7 Comments

Can't you get it swapped out through the post?

Why not organise an online repair, it will be picked up and a new one sent out in a couple of days, beats driving all those miles

yes mine stoppedworking an they swapped it straight over i'd only had it about 3 weeks,

Original Poster

The guy said he could do it via post but couldn't specify a length of time.. he also said there's no courtesy phone - and I don't have a spare. Oh well I guess it's my own fault for having to drive there - but not having a phone is not an option for me unfortunately.

How can you not have a spare phone somewhere in the house, even a crappy ancient thing. There must be 10 phones kicking round in drawers in my house.

Banned

pinkleponkle

How can you not have a spare phone somewhere in the house, even a crappy … How can you not have a spare phone somewhere in the house, even a crappy ancient thing. There must be 10 phones kicking round in drawers in my house.

hardly an optimum solution to a broken iphone is it!

why dont you try a restore first ? secondly if you ring apple they will offer you the premium service or whatever its called £28 ,just tell them you cant afford it and you live to far from an apple store and they should say i will have a word with my supervisor and then tell you they will do it for free, and send you a replacement first, but they will ask for £400 hold on your credit card but that gets refunded as soon as they receive your broken ip4.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Add one, leave one game54415416
    2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)70561
    3. The PlayStation VR (PSVR) Thread861868
    4. word association Game74244894

See more discussions