My kids want the new playstion VR for their Christmas should I preorder and pay full price or does anyone think there will be better deals in the run up to Christmas

They are 7 and 6 so still believe in Santa

18 Comments

Preorder now then cancel if anything better comes up

Doubt there will be offers this side of Christmas not for a new product, as above preorder and see .

As above. Might see a lower price for January sales, but I can't see them lowering the price this close to Christmas.

Here is a tip: If John Lewis stock this, buy from them and providing you keep it sealed you can return up to 90 days after therefore if it does flop on release and get reduced you can return and buy elsewhere.

joshp

Here is a tip: If John Lewis stock this, buy from them and providing you … Here is a tip: If John Lewis stock this, buy from them and providing you keep it sealed you can return up to 90 days after therefore if it does flop on release and get reduced you can return and buy elsewhere.

If it does flop they wouldn't reduce the price anytime this year, Sony would want to see a set time period to gauge sales

BarmyBulldog

If it does flop they wouldn't reduce the price anytime this year, Sony … If it does flop they wouldn't reduce the price anytime this year, Sony would want to see a set time period to gauge sales

If they flop the resale price may do and therefore you could pick up a new one secondhand with warranty.

joshp

If they flop the resale price may do and therefore you could pick up a … If they flop the resale price may do and therefore you could pick up a new one secondhand with warranty.

I agree resale side but not retailers, all depends if the OP wants to go down that route, at least they have the option.

isnt VR already DOA on PC?

Virtual reality isn't recommended for children under the age of 12-13 and even then with limited use. No way is my son going to use it until old enough and some research or real world problems have quashed my worries.

I suspect the headset will be far too heavy for children that age to use op im sure i read somewher its got quite a weight to it

Original Poster

Thanks I didn't really think about that.

You might want to get a PS Pro to get the best out of it too. Gonna be an expensive Christmas OP.... oO

Original Poster

Do you think they will do bundles with the ps pro?

jimhuf

isnt VR already DOA on PC?

​Not sure who told you that but it's probably the same people that said pc gaming was dead. Pretty sure PC gaming is still here

lizplant

Do you think they will do bundles with the ps pro?

Quite likely but I doubt the savings will be much as they are new tech

Original Poster

Thanks

The headset is really comfortable. I found it the most comfortable out of that and the rift. Have a look on their website I am sure they are having events around the country to have a go.

Banned

why would you want to buy them games consoles at this age? come on, think positive. buy them toys, clothes, bikes or a tablet . when they will receive homework you will get fed up seeing them playing with the console!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1215
    2. What's the most impressive 4k / UHD film you have seen at home?712
    3. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!77
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767220

See more discussions