my landlord hasn't protected my deposit

Found 3rd Jul
what would I do to take him to court for not protecting it with a deposit protection scheme?

the deposit was only 300 an i have asked him to register it with a scheme but still hasn't, what would my next steps be?

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
How long since the deposit was given to ll? If deposit was both not placed in a recognised scheme and you not being given presecribed info within 30 days you will be entitled to claim compensation, should you wish. If you intend to maintain reasonable relationship with ll you may consider a polite nudge for ll to secure deposit & provide you with prescribed info. Otherwise it may be prudent to wait until end of tenancy and rejoice in becoming embroiled in a battle to obtain reasonable return of deposit and commence compensation claim.
AndyRoyd19 m ago

How long since the deposit was given to ll? If deposit was both not placed …How long since the deposit was given to ll? If deposit was both not placed in a recognised scheme and you not being given presecribed info within 30 days you will be entitled to claim compensation, should you wish. If you intend to maintain reasonable relationship with ll you may consider a polite nudge for ll to secure deposit & provide you with prescribed info. Otherwise it may be prudent to wait until end of tenancy and rejoice in becoming embroiled in a battle to obtain reasonable return of deposit and commence compensation claim.

it was about 3 months ago. I have found a much better property to move into on the 20th July too. given two polite nudges
Edited by: "andybriggs03" 3rd Jul
andybriggs0318 m ago

it was about 3 months ago. I have found a much better property to move …it was about 3 months ago. I have found a much better property to move into on the 20th July too. given two polite nudges

The 30day timeframe for ll to conform to securing & prescribing has clearly expired. Doubt you have cause to break contract, but I am no expert. Sample dep-pro request template letters at 30days+ can be viewed at england.shelter.org.uk/hou…ers
Are you not in a 6 month lease, if you are and leave early you won’t get your deposit back anyway. As for your deposit has the landlord said your not getting it back, I wouldn’t worry till you leave and if you don’t get it just go to small claims court
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions