Groups

My laptop freezes when i play some movie

Hi
    My Advent 5301 laptop freezes itself and shows a multicolour screen after few minutes of video playing ...but it does not effect when im watching youtube or anyother online video..
    i don't understand whats causing the problem as i can't watch movies on my laptop anymore :(...

i have tried many video players like vlc, bs player and power dvd etc but the problem is still there.

15 Comments

download the latest codecs

Original Poster

wickedteen;8404485

download the latest codecs

i have tried them all ..i have the latest codecs and up-to-date version of video player..:oops:

What kinda video are you playing and what size is it?

What is the spec of the laptop, specifically the RAM and vid card?

latest graphics drivers ? Tried a clean install ?

Banned

120GB hard drive, 2GB of DDR 2 memory and an Intel Dual Core Processor T2370 (1.73 GHz

more than enough

try portablevlc player, it might be a windows glitch
    portableapps.com/app…ble

Original Poster

moob;8404561

What kinda video are you playing and what size is it?What is the spec of … What kinda video are you playing and what size is it?What is the spec of the laptop, specifically the RAM and vid card?

most of the time DVD files or mkv format files..
    i've got win 7 and 2 gb ram daul-core 1.73 Ghz processor

If you recall when it started happening, I'd considering doing a system restore.

Original Poster

jubbyme;8404618

120GB hard drive, 2GB of DDR 2 memory and an Intel Dual Core Processor … 120GB hard drive, 2GB of DDR 2 memory and an Intel Dual Core Processor T2370 (1.73 GHzmore than enoughtry portablevlc player, it might be a windows glitchhttp://portableapps.com/apps/music_video/vlc_portable

VLC player is main player is it freezes too ..whats different between vlc player and portable vlc?

Banned

humadoon;8404666

VLC player is main player is it freezes too ..whats different between vlc … VLC player is main player is it freezes too ..whats different between vlc player and portable vlc?

portable seems less buggy as it doesnt hook into windows, i have had a few successes of using that over the install version

Original Poster

jubbyme;8404753

portable seems less buggy as it doesnt hook into windows, i have had a … portable seems less buggy as it doesnt hook into windows, i have had a few successes of using that over the install version

thanks i'll give it a go .. Rep added :thumbsup:

Original Poster

jubbyme;8404753

portable seems less buggy as it doesnt hook into windows, i have had a … portable seems less buggy as it doesnt hook into windows, i have had a few successes of using that over the install version

VLC Portable is worse just tried to play a movie in it and after few SECONDS the rainbow screen appeared and everything was held

Banned

Seems like a virus in one of the codecs you installed. Did you scan them first ?

Banned

ryman1000;8405058

Seems like a virus in one of the codecs you installed. Did you scan them … Seems like a virus in one of the codecs you installed. Did you scan them first ?

I would go with this, many codec packages full of bad stuff, and may have already messed up your system, which is why i use vlc

Original Poster

ryman1000;8405058

Seems like a virus in one of the codecs you installed. Did you scan them … Seems like a virus in one of the codecs you installed. Did you scan them first ?

yes i do scan them and i,ve got uptodate kaspersky antivirus

Banned

zeus9876;8404568

latest graphics drivers ? Tried a clean install ?

reinstall latest graphics drivers as above
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game73944511
      2. It is a Yorkshire pudding wrap.58
      3. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941349
      4. What would be HELL to you?2631

See more discussions