Groups
    EXPIRED

My laptop has become faulty in less then 24hours!

Hi,

As some of you may have seen from the hot deals forum, i order an Acer laptop from Dabs in the weekend, and it arrived yestoday. Dabs service was faultless.

The laptop was brand new and sealed, but it seem faulty 'out the box':x

From my first boot up, the fan was consistantly running all the time, even when there are no programes open, it hasent even turned off once. But that said it the laptop was still running ok, (apart from the memmory which is hogged up by Acer's rubbish software) so it was quiet slow. The only programme i have installed is Firefox and Winzip.

This morning whils i was browsing there was a sudden blue screen and then the laptop just switched off. Luckily i wasnt working otherwise i would have lost it. Anyway i turned it on again and it was running like normal, with the fan still on and loud.

Later in the evening i was using it again, this time i was transfering some photos from my memmory stick via the card reader, and it completly stop reading half way and freezes the laptop. So i turned the laptop off via the on/off button, and that was to last of it. It wont boot to windows any more.

Whether this is all a software issue or a hardware issue, can i return it to Dabs for a replacment or do i have to do this through Acer? Bear in mind this is all within less then 24hours of usage.

Obviously i will be contacting Dabs in the morning, but im a little worried that they will act all 'cowboy' on me and tell me to contact the Acer. Im hesitant to go the Acer rout because it would take too long and i have my dissertation and graphics work to do.

10 Comments

If you only received it at the weekend, Dabs should accept it's return and replacement if faulty.

You should have called them as soon as there was a problem:

No Quibble Immediate Refund for Goods Faulty on ArrivalShould you find … No Quibble Immediate Refund for Goods Faulty on ArrivalShould you find any item purchased from dabs.com is faulty on arrival, we’ll automatically process a refund as soon as we take receipt of the returned goods. Yes – that’s an immediate no quibble refund. Click for more information on our ][COLOR=#0000ff]Returns Policy[/COLOR].

Original Poster

I received it yestoday, tuesday. (ordered on sunday). And the fault / malfunction happened at about 5pm today, Wednesday. They dont have a phone number but they do have an online chat. It was probably closed at 5, but after the fault happed (not turning on) i spent like an hour trying to jsut restart it etc. Sad i know.

Hopefully they'll sort it out for you tomorrow then! Good luck

Original Poster

Thanks.:) I hope so as well.

Original Poster

Update:

I returned the laptop yestoday, it was picked up by Dabs courier (their expense) and recieved an email today stating that they have processed the refund and i should recieve it within 3 days.

So, big thumbs up to Dabs:friends:, they are now my favourite online computer company, 11/10 for service. Very good on email and chat service as well.

As they are part of BT id expect their service to be good

Dabs have never failed me..although I have not used them for a few years as I found better prices elsewhere...but they are now more competitive since the BT takeover and have 5% Quidco.

[SIZE=2]They're your favourite company even after they sent you a faulty laptop? LOL.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]I know what you mean though, I had a problem with my dell laptop and they replaced it (brand new) and upgraded the processor to dual core for free![/SIZE]

gd_miester

Update:I returned the laptop yestoday, it was picked up by Dabs courier … Update:I returned the laptop yestoday, it was picked up by Dabs courier (their expense) and recieved an email today stating that they have processed the refund and i should recieve it within 3 days.So, big thumbs up to Dabs:friends:, they are now my favourite online computer company, 11/10 for service. Very good on email and chat service as well.

They sent you a broken laptop, then gave your money back. So now you are back where you started and they are your favourite company? That's just weird.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?917
      2. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie911
      3. love affairs912
      4. word association Game73844475

See more discussions