Expired

My laptop has gone a little strange...

8 replies
Found 27th Jun 2009
My eldest squirted me with some water and some went on my keyboard so I wiped it off with a towel and must have pressed some buttons to change the way my screen looks. It's gone slightly blurry and the font is different. Don't know how to explain because I'm not techy at all.
Anyone got a clue what I've done?
Thanks
Lynds x

1. Misc
  2. Laptop
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Laptop
8 Comments

Knac red comes to mind

Original Poster

gr8h8me;5602280

Knac red comes to mind

what does that mean?

Sounds like maybe the screen resolution, either you have magnified it or changed it to a different resolution? If the monitor runs at a resolution that is not 'native', i.e.. the one it is designed to run at, the fonts look soft. Probably just reboot it and it will be ok, if not, in xp if you right click on the desk top their is an option to change the screen resolution.

Original Poster

BlackCloud;5602284

Sounds like maybe the screen resolution, either you have magnified it or … Sounds like maybe the screen resolution, either you have magnified it or changed it to a different resolution? If the monitor runs at a resolution that is not 'native', i.e.. the one it is designed to run at, the fonts look soft. Probably just reboot it and it will be ok, if not, in xp if you right click on the desk top their is an option to change the screen resolution.

thanks, will try rebooting it and see if that works :-D

right click on your desk top, click personalize( if vista)(if xp it is the bottom one ),then display settings, check that your resolution are on high.

Original Poster

tronic;5602289

right click on your desk top, click personalize( if vista)(if xp it is … right click on your desk top, click personalize( if vista)(if xp it is the bottom one ),then display settings, check that your resolution are on high.

yay it worked.... thanks :thumbsup:

lfc_engravedonheart;5602308

yay it worked.... thanks :thumbsup:

your welcome

Original Poster

BlackCloud;5602284

Sounds like maybe the screen resolution, either you have magnified it or … Sounds like maybe the screen resolution, either you have magnified it or changed it to a different resolution? If the monitor runs at a resolution that is not 'native', i.e.. the one it is designed to run at, the fonts look soft. Probably just reboot it and it will be ok, if not, in xp if you right click on the desk top their is an option to change the screen resolution.

reboot didn't work but changing the resolution did... thanks :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Missing the old HUKD for sale area.11
    2. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941397
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread427414632
    4. Misco about to go into administration44

See more discussions