Groups

My Latest CGI Animation - What Do You Think?

I enjoy 3D modelling/design/animation and i've just uploaded my latest creation to Youtube. Have a look and tell me what you think.

uk.youtube.com/wat…=18

Please, no one say that fire can't exist like that in space either. I know it can't but it's not real and just looks better with it.

33 Comments

good although it just looks like a fireball, and fire isnt really possible in space is it? meteors only get flames when entering the atmosphere?

Nice I was hoping for a more 'splintering' of the planet, but I love the build up
    Rb

Gay:thumbsup:

matt3454;1865546

good although it just looks like a fireball, and fire isnt really … good although it just looks like a fireball, and fire isnt really possible in space is it? meteors only get flames when entering the atmosphere?

Read his description on YouTube for the vid :P

Also what if the rock was in fact frozen oxygen? Would that not produce a flame like drag?

Banned

-Meteorite seems to be nothing but the absence of any actual modelling
    -Random 10 second black screen at 00:35
    -Stars seem to disappear from everything but the surrounding area of the sun after the "hit"

hope this helps

Nice work mate.

Used to do rendering on my Amiga many moons ago.

Have some rep.

Original Poster

Proximo;1865551

-Meteorite seems to be nothing but the absence of any actual … -Meteorite seems to be nothing but the absence of any actual modelling-Random 10 second black screen at 00:35-Stars seem to disappear from everything but the surrounding area of the sun after the "hit"hope this helps

The first part of this vid was one of the first things i ever did in a 3D program so i agree there wasn't much modelling going on at the time; the Earth was what most of my time went in to making on that one. Also, the stars only disappear on Youtube, watching the vid on my computer, the stars are still visible. As for the gap, that was because i haven't made the planet exploding yet but i will one day, hopefully soon. Instead, for now, i put effort in to trying to make the audio that you hear do all the work until i can make the visuals.

Banned

Buy advertising space at NOT ADVERTISING SITE OK please....just don't ban me... :'(
    Name: Aidan
    I Have A degree in Multimedia Design and am keen on all things internet, web design and money making.

Proximo;1865561

Buy advertising space at [url]www.pixel-bricks.com[/url]Name: AidanAge: … Buy advertising space at [url]www.pixel-bricks.com[/url]Name: AidanAge: 21I Have A degree in Multimedia Design and am keen on all things internet, web design and money making.

Here we go again.......

Banned

Shengis;1865565

Here we go again.......

nah uh, I was having a very long conversation with someone about pixel bricks.co.uk the other night....

Original Poster

Proximo;1865566

nah uh, I was having a very long conversation with someone about pixel … nah uh, I was having a very long conversation with someone about pixel bricks.co.uk the other night....

How's that?

Just a note to any moderators, this isn't self-advertising on HUKD, i didn't "endorse" the posting of my website by Proximo :?

Proximo;1865566

nah uh, I was having a very long conversation with someone about pixel … nah uh, I was having a very long conversation with someone about pixel bricks.co.uk the other night....

Somehow, I can image what you would buy the space for :lol:

Banned

hypnoticstate;1865581

How's that?Just a note to any moderators, this isn't self-advertising on … How's that?Just a note to any moderators, this isn't self-advertising on HUKD, i didn't "endorse" the posting of my website by Proximo :?

Just a note to any moderators, this link appears several times in the youtube profile he did link to.

Banned

Shengis;1865585

Somehow, I can image what you would buy the space for :lol:

I wouldn't buy any space on this particular website :thinking:

Could be two bannings here!:w00t:

I'll shut up now, already in enough trouble!:oops:

Banned

Please.....don't say the "B" word.

Original Poster

Proximo;1865586

Just a note to any moderators, this link appears several times in the … Just a note to any moderators, this link appears several times in the youtube profile he did link to.

I haven't linked to any pages with this information on at all. This isn't even a link to my profile.

Banned

hypnoticstate;1865597

I haven't linked to any pages with this information on at all. This isn't … I haven't linked to any pages with this information on at all. This isn't even a link to my profile.

no but your links are in your profile which the video links to, please I'm not trying to get anyone into trouble here.... http://almightylol.org/forum/images/smilies/icon_autofahren.gif

Proximo;1865595

Please.....don't say the "B" word.

BEER, BEER, BEER!

I know you were thinking of a womans chest! Or was that just me! How are Sadiebabes!!!

Banned

GAVINLEWISHUKD;1865604

BEER, BEER, BEER!I know you were thinking of a womans chest! Or was that … BEER, BEER, BEER!I know you were thinking of a womans chest! Or was that just me! How are Sadiebabes!!!

lol she's doing just fine, I know what the ladies like......http://smiliesftw.com/x/coolsquint.gif

Original Poster

Proximo;1865602

no but your links are in your profile which the video links to, please … no but your links are in your profile which the video links to, please I'm not trying to get anyone into trouble here....

Yeah but if you're going to use that logic you could argue that any post that anyone on HUKD makes links back to their HUKD profile, where you are allowed to put your website URL. Anyway, there's always "tension" when we speak proximo and i don't know why so how about we just call it a day on all that.

Proximo;1865605

lol she's doing just fine, I know what the ladies like......

Me too! Diamonds, flowers, drinks and if they hit the jackpot marriage, then they take all your money!!!...:p

Banned

hypnoticstate;1865611

Yeah but if you're going to use that logic you could argue that any post … Yeah but if you're going to use that logic you could argue that any post that anyone on HUKD makes links back to their HUKD profile, where you are allowed to put your website URL. Anyway, there's always "tension" when we speak proximo and i don't know why so how about we just call it a day on all that.

Yes I edited out the link
    GAVINLEWISHUKD;1865612

Me too! Diamonds, flowers, drinks and if they hit the jackpot marriage, … Me too! Diamonds, flowers, drinks and if they hit the jackpot marriage, then they take all your money!!!...:p

Oh main aint that the truth :oops:

They also love the hot hot hot UK deals

Well Im off to bed now got to be up at 7am.

To the op, I would expire this this before you go to bed to be on the safe side. (Just my opinion)

Proximo, Just remember its sadie's birthday a week on friday.:thumbsup:

Banned

GAVINLEWISHUKD;1865618

Well Im off to bed now got to be up at 7am.To the op, I would expire this … Well Im off to bed now got to be up at 7am.To the op, I would expire this this before you go to bed to be on the safe side. (Just my opinion)Proximo, Just remember its sadie's birthday a week on friday.:thumbsup:

haha wow okay ill prep my finest e-card

Original Poster

Proximo;1865615

Yes I edited out the link

Great, glad to be makin' progress :thumbsup:

Original Poster

GAVINLEWISHUKD;1865618

Well Im off to bed now got to be up at 7am.To the op, I would expire this … Well Im off to bed now got to be up at 7am.To the op, I would expire this this before you go to bed to be on the safe side. (Just my opinion)Proximo, Just remember its sadie's birthday a week on friday.:thumbsup:

Why do you think i should expire it?

Banned

hypnoticstate;1865622

Great, glad to be makin' progress :thumbsup:

lol yes but in all seriousness the site is terrible
    hypnoticstate;1865623

I would also like to know this.

hypnoticstate;1865623

Could be seen as self promotion. Mad I know but some of the mods are being a bit tough at the mo.
    Its your thread so it's up to you.

Original Poster

Proximo;1865624

lol yes but in all seriousness the site is terrible

Well it's certainly not the most impressive site out there but i wanted something different, relatively basic and with a little bit of "cheese" so rest assured, it's been designed as it is with intent to be the way it is, in all it's fluffy clouded glory. Anyway, no more talk of the website because i think this conversation really is going to soon be seeming to be self-promotion, which it isn't. So, any more comments on the Youtube video anyone? I need the focus to get back on to that quite quickly for reasons i just stated. :-D

Good effort, I like the sound of the meteors flying past the camera. What software did you use? I've done some 3d animation in the past, couple of idents and animated on top of film sequences (great fun!) used Maya and a little 3ds Max.

Original Poster

JimmyW;1865649

Good effort, I like the sound of the meteors flying past the camera. What … Good effort, I like the sound of the meteors flying past the camera. What software did you use? I've done some 3d animation in the past, couple of idents and animated on top of film sequences (great fun!) used Maya and a little 3ds Max.

I used Cinema 4D for the 3D, Wavepad for the audio editing and Adobe Premier for the video editing.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. It is a Yorkshire pudding wrap.1218
      2. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force2033
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767396
      4. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would28106

See more discussions