Groups

My mate sent someone £100 paypal, recieved wrong item. Can he do anything

Hi there, My mate bought a phone of a guy through another forum.

Recieved it and its the wrong phone, not new and keeps switching of. He has been done over.

The idiot didnt use ebay, just paypal and selected goods and sent it the the guys email address. Does he have any chance of getting his money back.....

I told him i dnt think its possible, but im no paypal expert....

Any thoughts would be great

18 Comments

Original Poster

just a paypal payment. he didnt do it as a gift, just as a payment, but its outside ebay and paypal tend not to encourage that

I think you can open a dispute through paypals dispute centre....

he can raise a dispute and surely they will refund him if the phone he recieved is as described

Original Poster

cool, ill tell him that and see if he can

If its a gift, can you still claim it back out of curiosity

In before Tinkerbell

Item not as described is what you need. Bear in mind though, that as the deal was outside of ebay, they will only refund him what the seller has in their account. If they've withdrawn it all, you get nothing.

thevman2k3;6655257

cool, ill tell him that and see if he canIf its a gift, can you still … cool, ill tell him that and see if he canIf its a gift, can you still claim it back out of curiosity

no

Banned

i thought outside of ebay it was only for item not received, may be wrong though

Original Poster

yes he has tried, phone is dead, no email responses, even had no address on the special delivery item he sent him. no idea where he lives or anything

Just open up a claim with paypal, but as others said if he has cleared his account your friend is out 100, btw what phone did he buy and what did he get.

Original Poster

yh phone number is not recognised and addy he has had no responses for days

sassie;6655274

i thought outside of ebay it was only for item not received, may be wrong … i thought outside of ebay it was only for item not received, may be wrong though

Sass is correct,Paypal only covers SNAD (significantly not as described) on Ebay items.

You can only claim item not received when using Paypal for anything else.

Did your mate sign for it ?

Original Poster

yh signed for it

Well he's stuffed then.

Surely the seller will have a bank account or credit card registered to his paypal account to be able to withdraw the money. If your mate raises a dispute I am sure paypal will be able to put a hold on the funds or even take it from his bank account?? I'm not quite sure thou.

Linzilou76;6656005

Surely the seller will have a bank account or credit card registered to … Surely the seller will have a bank account or credit card registered to his paypal account to be able to withdraw the money. If your mate raises a dispute I am sure paypal will be able to put a hold on the funds or even take it from his bank account?? I'm not quite sure thou.

You're not quite sure but some of us are:-D you defo can't claim for a problem with an item unless it was via Ebay,Paypal does NOT cover SNAD on items bought elsewhere.

I doubt your mate will win this.

The seller has proof of postage.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Underrated/unappreciated movies.2835
      2. love affairs1857
      3. word association Game73944528
      4. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would1843

See more discussions