Groups
    EXPIRED

my mobile contract has ended what should I do?

I am with Vodafone, I think my current contract is £17.50 a month with 100 minutes and 100 texts a month, I want to reduce this cost now and maybe get more minutes/texts, as the 18 month contract has finished so I no longer am paying for the phone. What should I try to get out of them? I dont want a new phone just now.

14 Comments

ring them up, get a sim only deal then and talk to retentions, they should easily be able to improve what your getting massively for probs only £10, if they dont cancel, and just start up again as a new customer on a deal they have on the website...

£10 per month
    300 minutes
    3000 texts
    365 days contract

£10 per month
    100 minutes
    500 texts
    30 days rolling sim

If you swap your SIM card to as ASDA PAYG sim (powered by Vodafone)

100 mins would cost you £8
    100 texts would cost you £4

= £12 per month.

You've been paying crazy prices.

Original Poster

So would I keep my number?

Original Poster

virus;8759391

If you swap your SIM card to as ASDA PAYG sim (powered by Vodafone)100 … If you swap your SIM card to as ASDA PAYG sim (powered by Vodafone)100 mins would cost you £8100 texts would cost you £4= £12 per month.You've been paying crazy prices.

I've been paying for the phone dude.

Must be a good phone....

mccrick, if you talk to upgrades/retentions, yes you can keep the number just make sure you specify that, and as for starting a whole new account with vodafone, you would need your pac code i think, you need to request one i think, im on my first contract (im 17) so i dont exactly know the full details of upgrading and keeping the number etc

mccririck;8759394

So would I keep my number?

If you wan to stay with Voda you number would be the same.

If you want to go to another network, ask Voda for your pac code, give that to your new network and they'll move the number over to them for you you.

Original Poster

teshnit;8759383

ring them up, get a sim only deal then and talk to retentions, they … ring them up, get a sim only deal then and talk to retentions, they should easily be able to improve what your getting massively for probs only £10, if they dont cancel, and just start up again as a new customer on a deal they have on the website...£10 per month300 minutes3000 texts365 days contract£10 per month100 minutes500 texts30 days rolling sim

I phoned them up, asked for that 30 days rolling contract and they kept saying it's £15 per month, passed me around to 3 different people then I got ****** off and asked for my PAC code.

mccrick vodafone.co.uk just order it online mate

Original Poster

teshnit;8761307

mccrick vodafone.co.uk just order it online mate

But will I keep my number? That's the annoying thing.

Original Poster

Managed to get the 30 day rolling by phoning them, second attempt - they really try to get you to take a 12 month though, I got passed to 3 different people again. a-holes.

them forcing you, is just them doing their job i guess... everyone's gotta earn a living right, even if they are annoying twits who don't listen to a work you say ha ha

Im with Virgin, I get 100 minutes plus 100 texts and 100 virgin minutes to call other virgin numbers I pay 8.50 per month

even thats pretty bad

i get £10/mo 100mins 500txts, £100 phone free, as well as £90 quidco, and £50 lastminute.com voucher...
    10x24 = 240
    240-90-50-100= £0

although if you negate the phone and say i use it for 2years til it worthless then, i sold the lastminute voucher for 35
    240-35-90= £115, for 2 years thats a good deal

and its freely gotten from the website from vodafone without the hassle of retentions/upgrades, then again it was my first contract ever so
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767133
      2. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1835
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047071
      4. Potential upcoming Argos glitch or buggy app?33

See more discussions