Groups

My mobile is not getting a signal, whats wrong?

hi, its a lg mobile and it has been lying in my draw for around a year, just got it out and charged it up and it doesnt get a signal at tall (it was working before)
    It is not been reported stolen or lost (im the original owner)
    The sim is the correct sim for the phone and is not expired
    Whats wrong with it and its a LG GW300

22 Comments

Take the sim out of the phone and rub the metal bit on material and trying putting it back in...prob just dirt!!

have you tried sending text or ringing? or will it not work because of no signal?
    is there any credit on the phone, plus if you dont use a sim for a certain time period it stops working, and you have to reactivate it (i think)

Original Poster

whatsThePoint

Are you in a lead lined room by any chance?

Ive tried it in my house and out of my house

Original Poster

chunky

Take the sim out of the phone and rub the metal bit on material and … Take the sim out of the phone and rub the metal bit on material and trying putting it back in...prob just dirt!!

i have tried this

Original Poster

kyleg44

have you tried sending text or ringing? or will it not work because of no … have you tried sending text or ringing? or will it not work because of no signal?is there any credit on the phone, plus if you dont use a sim for a certain time period it stops working, and you have to reactivate it (i think)

i have tried ringing someone and doesnt work and the sim is my own sim and working in the other phone and theres lots of credit on it and i am using it now on my main mobile

Edited by: "Tom4646" 10th May 2011

Tom4646

i have tried ringing someone and doesnt work and the sim is my own sim … i have tried ringing someone and doesnt work and the sim is my own sim and working in the other phone

is your phone by any chance new to you - have you just bought it second hand in the last few weeks ?

EliTom

Original Poster

elitom

is your phone by any chance new to you - have you just bought it second … is your phone by any chance new to you - have you just bought it second hand in the last few weeks ?EliTom

i bought it brand new from tesco 2 years ago and used it for a year no problem, and them didnt use it for a year

Original Poster

whatsThePoint

Have you tried a different sim

When i get hold of another sim, i will try it, its tesco mobile locked and ive tried a working tesco sim in it with credit

are you sure the sim is in the right way around?

Tried another phone?

Original Poster

garbage456

are you sure the sim is in the right way around?

Yeh its the right way (theres a picture of a sim to which way to put it in too)

schizoboy

Tried another phone?

If you mean the sim, yes its my own sim

If you've not used the sim for a year, it's been cut off. Most networks disconnect after 6 months of none use.

Original Poster

steve1221

If you've not used the sim for a year, it's been cut off. Most networks … If you've not used the sim for a year, it's been cut off. Most networks disconnect after 6 months of none use.

i use the sim all the time, i havent used the mobile for a year (sorry to make this unclear)

Original Poster

Does anyone know any other solution or what it could be?

Is your phone settings switched to off air/no network/airplane mode/services off?

Original Poster

simplex

Is your phone settings switched to off air/no network/airplane … Is your phone settings switched to off air/no network/airplane mode/services off?

I have not checked this, is this in settings? do you mean if i put it in Outdoor mode or Silent, them options?

Edited by: "Tom4646" 26th May 2011

Tom4646

I have not checked this, is this in settings? do you mean if i put it in … I have not checked this, is this in settings? do you mean if i put it in Outdoor mode or Silent, them options?

Im unfamiliar with this phone but most likely in settings
    Edited by: "simplex" 26th May 2011

Original Poster

simplex

No not your profile, Im unfamiliar with this phone but most likely in … No not your profile, Im unfamiliar with this phone but most likely in settings

Ok, i'll have a look at it, thanks

Flight mode enables you to switch off the phone part of the mobile.

When in Flight mode you can not make and receive calls, but you can continue using other parts of the phone like the camera, music player etc.

To switch on,

1. Press Menu (press OK)
    2. Highlight Settings and Select (press OK)
    3. Highlight Profiles and Select (press OK)
    4. Highlight Flight mode and Select (press OK)
    5. You will now see an airplane icon at the top of the screen.

To switch off,

1. Press Menu (press OK)
    2. Highlight Settings and Select (press OK)
    3. Highlight Profiles and Select (press OK)
    4. Highlight the profile you require and Select (press OK)
    5. The airplane icon will now be removed from the top of the screen.

Or it could be set to call barring

Edited by: "simplex" 26th May 2011

Original Poster

simplex

Flight mode enables you to switch off the phone part of the mobile.When … Flight mode enables you to switch off the phone part of the mobile.When in Flight mode you can not make and receive calls, but you can continue using other parts of the phone like the camera, music player etc.To switch on, 1. Press Menu (press OK) 2. Highlight Settings and Select (press OK) 3. Highlight Profiles and Select (press OK) 4. Highlight Flight mode and Select (press OK) 5. You will now see an airplane icon at the top of the screen.To switch off, 1. Press Menu (press OK) 2. Highlight Settings and Select (press OK) 3. Highlight Profiles and Select (press OK) 4. Highlight the profile you require and Select (press OK) 5. The airplane icon will now be removed from the top of the screen.Or it could be set to call barring

Theres no airplane at the top of the screen, when treing the call barring it says no service area? there is a little envelope with ! on it

Edited by: "Tom4646" 27th May 2011

Call diverts and barring, you will have to go through your settings. But i would suggest trying a new sim in the phone and see what happens

Original Poster

simplex

Call diverts and barring, you will have to go through your settings. But … Call diverts and barring, you will have to go through your settings. But i would suggest trying a new sim in the phone and see what happens

i will try another sim now but the sim im using is working on other phones and has credit
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The HDUK home for Star Trek: Discovery1014
      2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17876395
      3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would31126
      4. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force2542

See more discussions