My mum turns 59 this weeks present help?

Posted 17th Aug
So my mum turns 59 this week, and I’m stuck on bday presents, I’ve bought her a Hoover but already given to her taking her away for 3 nights but would like to give her something to unwrap, she loves clothes but got too many, loves body stuff but got loads any other other ideas for things that are nice unusual and preferably less than a £100
Community Updates
Ask
29 Comments
Robot vacuum.
Flash steamer mop?
what about a spa day or spa treatments,I am a similar age and would love something like this or look on red letter days for things she might like to do
A full set of new microfiber clothes and a range of Mr Muscle cleaners?
I’m in the same boat mines on 60 in December so I’m here for the ideas too (well some of them) 😯
Edited by: "mjoyce0901" 17th Aug
Being serious something nice to eat? Chocolates?
If she likes “unusual” things, I picked my similarly aged mum up some really nice “abalone sea shell” jewellery (bracelet in her case) last year for her birthday. She loved it. You can get it cheap, but there’s quality stuff at a higher price point if you’re going for luxury too.
Gold or silver earrings, a nice bracelet or watch? A posh handbag Radley, Kate Spade, Coach or a nice big plant for the garden. Ted Baker purse, Rituals gift set or Clarins skin care set. Something luxurious that she wouldn’t buy herself. (I’d like those anyway!). Xx
MR112317/08/2020 13:59

Robot vacuum.

Great idea but she would tell everyone “she ruined on of my favourite housework jobs and got me a hoover that does it itself”(lol)
bargainlover12317/08/2020 23:40

Great idea but she would tell everyone “she ruined on of my favourite h …Great idea but she would tell everyone “she ruined on of my favourite housework jobs and got me a hoover that does it itself”(lol)

Lol
suepooh17/08/2020 23:03

Gold or silver earrings, a nice bracelet or watch? A posh handbag Radley, …Gold or silver earrings, a nice bracelet or watch? A posh handbag Radley, Kate Spade, Coach or a nice big plant for the garden. Ted Baker purse, Rituals gift set or Clarins skin care set. Something luxurious that she wouldn’t buy herself. (I’d like those anyway!). Xx

I’ve done the posh handbags before, never again, brand new ted baker weekend bag thought this was good as she goes away at least 1 weekend a month, this will be it’s 4th Christmas in the attic, loves earrings but always looses 1 might have to end up upgrading the getaway
bargainlover12317/08/2020 23:40

Great idea but she would tell everyone “she ruined on of my favourite h …Great idea but she would tell everyone “she ruined on of my favourite housework jobs and got me a hoover that does it itself”(lol)

I bought one for my house and I buy gadgets here and there but I get told off as they are no use or fall apart. With this they were hesitant as first but I think they are really liking it now.
Magda217/08/2020 15:10

what about a spa day or spa treatments,I am a similar age and would love …what about a spa day or spa treatments,I am a similar age and would love something like this or look on red letter days for things she might like to do

Spa day! Now that’s a good idea I will also look on red letter days! Thanks
Nobody suggested a rabbit ! most disappoint
Nat_urally17/08/2020 19:30

If she likes “unusual” things, I picked my similarly aged mum up some rea …If she likes “unusual” things, I picked my similarly aged mum up some really nice “abalone sea shell” jewellery (bracelet in her case) last year for her birthday. She loved it. You can get it cheap, but there’s quality stuff at a higher price point if you’re going for luxury too.

Ooo never heard of that had to have a google very pretty shells! Might have to treat myself
MR112317/08/2020 23:45

I bought one for my house and I buy gadgets here and there but I get told …I bought one for my house and I buy gadgets here and there but I get told off as they are no use or fall apart. With this they were hesitant as first but I think they are really liking it now.

Hmmmm i might have to look into that then, what one do you have ?
Meathotukdeals17/08/2020 19:03

Being serious something nice to eat? Chocolates?

Nice idea she’s a sucker for nutty chocolates!
Wongy11017/08/2020 23:47

Nobody suggested a rabbit ! most disappoint [Video]

Oooo we have a winner
bargainlover12317/08/2020 23:48

Hmmmm i might have to look into that then, what one do you have ?

Dreame f9. In my house everyone hates cleaning so probably be a killjoy for someone who preferres doing it themselves.
What's the budget?
MR112317/08/2020 23:55

Dreame f9. In my house everyone hates cleaning so probably be a killjoy …Dreame f9. In my house everyone hates cleaning so probably be a killjoy for someone who preferres doing it themselves.

I’ll look into that for my place!
Jdeals117/08/2020 23:49

What's the budget?

Max £250, she’s got most things and insists she wants nothing but of course that’s not an option
She is probably going to be very happy spending time with you. Why get anything else on top of the weekend away?
jon81uk18/08/2020 13:34

She is probably going to be very happy spending time with you. Why get …She is probably going to be very happy spending time with you. Why get anything else on top of the weekend away?

Your right but The past 3 years she’s helped me more than I think she ever expected to at my age feel like I owe her immensely
bargainlover12318/08/2020 13:36

Your right but The past 3 years she’s helped me more than I think she ever …Your right but The past 3 years she’s helped me more than I think she ever expected to at my age feel like I owe her immensely

Offer and ask what she wants or if there is anything you can do in exchange. Otherwise I expect she will more happy with time with you than a handbag or something she might not want/need.
I’ve done that and she always reply I don’t want anything, I’m sure she I’m that age I’ll be the same
What about taking her for afternoon tea, or a perfume subscription from fragrance direct, a bottle of her favourite tipple, a mirrored jewellery box for her earrings? Also check out Pinterest I got some great ideas for my husband's 50th birthday back in April.
Post a comment
@
    Text