My new domains are down are 4uhosting dodgy?

5 replies
Found 6th Jun 2009
I set up 2 domains with a company called 4uhosting.co.uk because they were recommened to me by IT Futures a company based at Wolverhampton University which works in partnership with Advantage West Midlands. They said the hosts were great and I didn't question how good they were because of who was recommending the to me. Now the domains are down a week after I got them up and running - feel like transferring already to a reliable host and.

Anyone used this company or have any contact details as their site is down too?

Is there anything I can do?

Anyone recommend a really good UK host with backup servers etc?

Thanks

1. Misc
  2. Domain
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Domain
6 Comments

I've had domains with 4uhosting for a few years, and always been intending to move them away (they were impossible to contact for support).

I finally decided to move them this week, and... they've all disappeared, as it would seem has their own site: 4uhosting.co.uk

Any ideas how to recover the content would be appreciated!

I'm currently using hostnine for my new hosting. They are a US company, but offer UK servers.
And Daily have always given me good support for domain name registrations.

Original Poster

Isn't it best to have a UK host rather than American one? Would that affect the google ranking of a .co.uk domain?

My domain name is with 4uhosting.co.uk and has been for a few years. I noticed that they started going down last night. They would come back again but at moment of writing they have gone a again.

Very annoying.

Original Poster

tobyct;5418494

My domain name is with 4uhosting.co.uk and has been for a few years. I … My domain name is with 4uhosting.co.uk and has been for a few years. I noticed that they started going down last night. They would come back again but at moment of writing they have gone a again. Very annoying.

Have you had much down time since you have been with them. I am very tempted to kiss goodbye to the £50 I paid and transfer my domains elsewhere. If my sites not up it for a day it might cost me a lot of money.

I have been with them for quite a few years and have had no problems with them at all. I did host with them but changed because they weren't offering as good deals as other companies. My host now is justhost.com they offer a very good package. As soon as 4uhosting comes back I am going to transfer my domain to my new hosts for free, I can't afford this sort of down time, and with no explanation.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition56552
    2. Free money and competition entry @ Circle67
    3. Free Soap & Glory Bath Bomb (High Score)45
    4. Win a Mama to Bee necklace from Blooming Lovely Jewellery, worth £249! @ Ne…22

See more discussions