My Nintendo Switch repairs experience

Found 27th Jan
I found a lack of true detail for people’s experiences with sending off their Nintendo Switch for repairs online, so I figured I’d write my own.

I had to send my Nintendo Switch for repairs after the fan and WiFi chip had been acting funny for 2 months. I sent it on a Tuesday and it came back two weeks and a day later.

I had problems with the online form and ended up having to call them as I never received the repair number or anything like I was supposed to. The call took at least 10-15 minutes and was full of repetitions.

Sending it off, we had to follow some instructions so that we wouldn’t be held liable for any damage in transit. I ended up sending it in it’s original box and then a bigger one that I had retrieved from work.

When it came back, I was surprised to only have the original Switch box back in a thin delivery sleeve. It seemed to not have sustained any damage though (aside from the corners of the box) so I was fine with this.

Opening up the box, I had all the stuff I had sent with it (proof of purchase etc) along with a letter explaining what they did. In it, they also said that I had a 12 MONTHS EXTENSION ON MY WARRANTY which was obviously pretty good news.

I also received my screen protector back, as I had forgotten to take it off and hadn’t told them, something they didn’t have to do (though I was glad they did- £15 screen protector!). The switch also had cellophane on it and was in a little clear packaging thing.

I booted the Switch up and it had around 80% charge, and I had all my data on there.

In regards to hardware, I could see that they had replaced the fan as the little cracks that used to be around the port were gone. However as a result of replacing the part, I also noticed that the game card cover was a bit stiff to click in. This was fine and just something I have to get used to.

All in all, the repair was good and I’d quite happily do it again if needs be. Very impressed with how it went, just was a little surprised that it took longer than the week that everyone else’s took.
Community Updates
MiscGaming
4 Comments
Good to hear, @Dolphinzz ta much for sharing the feedback.
Edited by: "majestic2012" 27th Jan
I had a really good experience with them too, sorted all my issues and extended my warranty twice. Two week wait time was long, but it was worth it!
The annoying thing is the whole proof of purchase thing which I think is ludicrous. For example if I won my switch or bought it off a friend (which I did)if it fails it’s basically a dud. Cheers nintendo...
Edited by: "DanielN91" 27th Jan
DanielN9127th Jan

The annoying thing is the whole proof of purchase thing which I think is …The annoying thing is the whole proof of purchase thing which I think is ludicrous. For example if I won my switch or bought it off a friend (which I did)if it fails it’s basically a dud. Cheers nintendo...

You don’t have to provide proof of purchase. I don’t know what happens if it’s not provided, but it’s an option on the form not to give it. I’m just assuming they have to do their own research or something.
33152431-XQ0fg.jpg
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants