My Nintendo switch was stolen :(

Posted 2nd Feb
just got home from a weekend away and some burglar broke into my house and stole, amongst other things, my Nintendo Switch.

is there a way to remote brick or deactivate it?

all help appreciated
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

14 Comments
Did you pin lock it....have you googled it or contacted Nintendo to see if they can lock it?

But I think these places would be best place to start asking..

don’t let them get you down, I hope you were insured...
Edited by: "Bargainhead" 2nd Feb
Scum lowest of the low house breakers
Bargainhead02/02/2020 18:59

Did you pin lock it....have you googled it or contacted Nintendo to see if …Did you pin lock it....have you googled it or contacted Nintendo to see if they can lock it? But I think these places would be best place to start asking..don’t let them get you down, I hope you were insured...

The unit itself wasn't locked but they wont be able to buy anything via restore. Fortunately!
They will probably hard reset it and own it as their own.
It should have an i.p that can be tracked
"Turd burglar".

Thought that meant something different
u66454102/02/2020 20:08

"Turd burglar".Thought that meant something different

It does, unfortunate choice of words by OP.
@luvadealme sorry to here about your break in.

Hope your insurance deal with things quickly for you.

Such a horrible feeling been broken into.

I hope you are ok
Sorry, I don't know anything about the nintendo; I'd suggest asking Biddy over in JHT - he (and also andy@Xcite) know a lot about nintendo stuff.

More sorry to hear about the break-in - horrid feeling.

Also sorry to add hard truth as a warning - there's a high chance they'll visit again - sorry, but if there's any measures needing to be taken i.e. burglar alarm, new locks etc take them now.

Hope I'm wrong about the revisit, all the best.
Edited by: "tryn2help" 3rd Feb
You should get ring doorbell it lets you know when someone is at your door even when your away and it has a camera . You should also get cctv
k283838838303/02/2020 15:17

You should get ring doorbell it lets you know when someone is at your door …You should get ring doorbell it lets you know when someone is at your door even when your away and it has a camera . You should also get cctv

39827340-tKCEv.jpg
Sorry to heart one was recently stolen too

I can’t find any way to trace it

But you can download a parental control app on your phone and limit the play on your switch to 15min a day
That’s the only thing I was able to do.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants