Groups

My Nintendo Wii has started making a noise!

As above really my Nintndo Wii has started making a "loading noise"
    which was not there before.
    If I move the Wii slightly it stops but then comes back again.
    My games are working ok and you can only hear the noise when the
    console is quiet ( ie when waiting for a race to start on Mario Kart!! )

Has anyone else got the same problem?
    Does anyone know how to make it stop?

25 Comments

no, might just be normal sounds, maybe not noticed it before

are you sitting closer to the console than normally..?

is a flap vibrating when the disk is spinning at full speed

Been drinking?

To be fair, that's one of the good things about the wii, it is normally very quiet.

Original Poster

dean3988;2249049

no, might just be normal sounds, maybe not noticed it before

Def. not normal sounds, I would have noticed it before.
    Only started about two days ago.
    When I move the wii a little it stops, maybe I need a new stand?

Original Poster

guru_the;2249072

are you sitting closer to the console than normally..?

No I have moved rooms but the wii is the exact same distance away....

simon012;2249221

Def. not normal sounds, I would have noticed it before.Only started about … Def. not normal sounds, I would have noticed it before.Only started about two days ago.When I move the wii a little it stops, maybe I need a new stand?

try it off the stand in the horizontal position

Original Poster

ding;2249098

is a flap vibrating when the disk is spinning at full speed

That seems to be what it sounds like.
    How do I check? Where do I look?

That doesn't sound (mind the pun) too good, I remember when my PS2 started making noises and it gradually got worse until I couldn't play anything at all. So I traded it at GAME to get a new silver one for £22!

Original Poster

smithyp1;2249107

Been drinking? To be fair, that's one of the good things about the wii, … Been drinking? To be fair, that's one of the good things about the wii, it is normally very quiet.

Unfortunately not
    ( Well it was 9:45am which, even for me, is a little too early for drinking!! )

simon012;2249221

Def. not normal sounds, I would have noticed it before.Only started about … Def. not normal sounds, I would have noticed it before.Only started about two days ago.When I move the wii a little it stops, maybe I need a new stand?

does it sound like a kind of 'scratching' noise on the disk? like just ever so often as though its trying to read the next part of the game?

Original Poster

ding;2249232

try it off the stand in the horizontal position

Never had the wii horizontal before.
    It's quieter than before!
    Thank you Rep added.........

Original Poster

allstar2;2249255

does it sound like a kind of 'scratching' noise on the disk? like just … does it sound like a kind of 'scratching' noise on the disk? like just ever so often as though its trying to read the next part of the game?

No it's a constant noise..........

Is it like a bleeping noise or popping..?

Original Poster

guru_the;2249450

Is it like a bleeping noise or popping..?

it's coming from the disk I think.
    It's like a loud loading noise from the disk.
    When I have the wii horizontal it's not as bad...........

simon012;2249504

it's coming from the disk I think.It's like a loud loading noise from the … it's coming from the disk I think.It's like a loud loading noise from the disk.When I have the wii horizontal it's not as bad...........

maybe the disc is warped or out of balance dont know if there is such a thing i am just guessing

We're going through the same thing....... coincidentally, it started up when we inserted Mario Kart, which is a constant noise until we turn off the console.

Original Poster

Mario Kart is the only game I seem to play atm
    so it's the one I notice it on.
    I am going to try different games this afternoon.
    Taking the wii off the stand and having it horizontal does make it better
    ( but still not as silent as b4!! )

]http//ww…ted found this on youtube plenty of other video's about the noise too

my wii "rumbles" when playing mario kart it sounds like its vibrating inside but it doesnt do it with any other game

Mardyass;2249737

my wii "rumbles" when playing mario kart it sounds like its vibrating … my wii "rumbles" when playing mario kart it sounds like its vibrating inside but it doesnt do it with any other game

sounds like the game disc is at fault

Sounds like I have the same thing. It seems to me as though it may have something to do with the internal fan, as though as the blades are turning, it is clipping a wire or something.

Also, it only happens when a disc is spinning i.e. I don't hear anything when on the channels page.

it's more like the CD lazer head moving to a position it can't reach... I've had the same problem before. As soon as I put it horizontal, it stopped...

Does anyone know the best way/address/phone number to get my Wii sent off to Nintendo for repair?

how strange........,i was playing on mario kart lastweek and suddenly the picture froze and then a loud alarm started on the console i was really freaked out thought it was about to blow up :oops:,the only wasy i could turn the console off was to switch it off at the mains!!!!!i put it back on 5 mins later and it was fine,a friend later told me it was proberly dusty inside becouse her computer used to alarm when it was full of dust! so i hooverd it and nothing has happend since:?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Battery drain on iOS 1189
      2. Looking for a mobile phone with a £300 budget45
      3. Oil for Oak Doors33
      4. Breath of the Wild Replacement Cover?44

See more discussions