Expired

My Norton AntiVirus has expired. Are there any cheap (or free) alternatives?

Found 16th Jul 2007
My Norton antivirus ran out at the weekend, and I dont really want to pay for another one if I can help it.

I know there was a thread about free antivirus software a little while ago. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

13 Comments

F-secure OEM 2006 version from Ebuyer - about £12 including postage or you could get Panda Internet 2006 (free upgrade to 2007 and 3 user licence) for about £5/£6 including postage. Althought F-secure is amongst the best don't think Panda is...

bod emrys

Try AVG Free from here:]http://free.grisoft.com/It's free (as the name … Try AVG Free from here:]http://free.grisoft.com/It's free (as the name suggests) and I've been using it for about 3 years now with no problems at all (I used to be with norton too).AVG is excellent - there is no need to pay for antivirus software!

Seconded, wholeheartedly!

Original Poster

Thanks guys!

I also found a year free subscription to Mcafee through a Natwest offer (]POST #350).

Would you recommend AVG ahead of this?

Cheers!

avg or nod32 for me. wouldnt use any norton software they use far too much resources. all other software use too much memory and slow the pc down.

^^^^exactly AVG only something like 13 meg doesnt do nothing to slow down your p.c

[url]www.avast.com[/url]

Personally I feel better than AVG and its free too.

Another recommendation for AVG, I've found they've improved their cleaning capabilites over the last year or so to improve it further - I find it's unobtrusive and doesn't slow the PC down, highly recommended.

John

Ian182

Thanks guys! I also found a year free subscription to Mcafee through a … Thanks guys! I also found a year free subscription to Mcafee through a Natwest offer (]POST #350). Would you recommend AVG ahead of this?Cheers!

Oh yes. It's light on resources - great detection rate. Plus I'd imagine it's a bit easier to get rid of than Norton, not that I'd know though

Ian182

I also found a year free subscription to Mcafee through a Natwest offer … I also found a year free subscription to Mcafee through a Natwest offer (]POST #350).

There are always free trials. Personally I find it's just not worth the hassle of uninstalling them. Uninstalling Norton nearly drove me nuts, almost impossible to eradicate and still interfered with so many progs for a while later. Maybe I did not uninstall properly...I,m not an expert which is why I have been with AVG for 3 yrs, no hassle or grief. Very efficient.

Original Poster

iglimpse

There are always free trials. Personally I find it's just not worth the … There are always free trials. Personally I find it's just not worth the hassle of uninstalling them. Uninstalling Norton nearly drove me nuts, almost impossible to eradicate and still interfered with so many progs for a while later. Maybe I did not uninstall properly...I,m not an expert which is why I have been with AVG for 3 yrs, no hassle or grief. Very efficient.

It isnt really a free trial though. It is a years free subscription. The same thing is ]£25.96 at Amazon!

Kaspersky all the way my friends!

Can't stand Norton, it makes my task manager look cluttered I'm also a fellow AVG fan.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Netflix Family - Anyone got any places going?23
    2. dakine backpacks22
    3. Home CCTV system advice.33
    4. Android pay set up59

See more discussions