Expired

My PC keeps trying to correct my spelling - telling me to use the American style?

3 replies
Found 30th Jul 2014
I have been in the settings and languages and regions are set to English UK so why does my PC keep telling me my spelling is incorrect and try to give me the American version of words?

Any ideas?

3 Comments

Which software are you using for text?

In most word processing packages you have an option to change default dictionary

Original Poster

It is doing it on everything, even forums mate so don't think it would be word.

I decided to give my main laptop a drink of cider last week and it sort of keeled over and died. Using an old laptop that I used as a media player with XP on it.

No idea why it keeps trying to correct my UK wordings over to the Americanised versions. I will have a look at word, but don't think that would have any affect on the rest of the PC. Or would it?

NEtech

It is doing it on everything, even forums mate so don't think it would be … It is doing it on everything, even forums mate so don't think it would be word.I decided to give my main laptop a drink of cider last week and it sort of keeled over and died. Using an old laptop that I used as a media player with XP on it.No idea why it keeps trying to correct my UK wordings over to the Americanised versions. I will have a look at word, but don't think that would have any affect on the rest of the PC. Or would it?

No a word processing should utilise it's own dictionary if it has one

Stating it's happening on everything I would check again the windows default dictionary - add UK and remove anything American "do not leave them as secondary"
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Computer upgrades89
    2. Invisalign dental braces in London22
    3. Whey protien629
    4. Gearbest: Order - Nowhere to be seen...811

See more discussions