Expired

My pod exploded * Tassimo is pants* lets talk coffee machines: Senseo Nespresso fans and Coffeeducks

30 Comments
from 2008 !

WTF

They still haven't fixed this design flaw?? http://www.singleservecoffeeforums.com/exploding-t-discs-it-is-a-design-flaw-t5908.html
"
IMPORTANT TASSIMO INFORMATION!

Hi, I bought a Bosch Tassimo machine last week in the UK (Argos) and also got a range of discs from a supermarket (ASDA).
After a few days we noticed something strange when using the Kenco Cafe Crema discs.: they ALL 'exploded' right at the end of the process.
If you pay attention, when the process is nearing completion, there is a final burst of steam, well, this burst seems to break the discs inside and it spills coffee all over the place.
It becomes a nightmare to clean as you can imagine and moreover, the coffee is undrinkable!

I have just been on the phone with Tassimo UK (care line number is on the packaging).
First let me say how quick and efficient they were.
However, when I mentioned the issue, the guy immediately cut me off saying he knew exactely what I was talking about!
I was then told that there is a design fault!
There is a small channel that should let that burst of steam evacuate, but it seems to be too small and therefore it breaks the discs... Apparently this issue is mostly with Cafe Crema but can also happen with any other discs!!
As you know Bosch took over the production of the machines recently, and I was told by the rep that they 'over-engineerd' the machines...
Basically the flaw is not in the capsules but the machine.

They are working on a new disc design and new discs should it the shelves end of the year....
I also was advised to use 'hard' tap water instead of bottled water (which we did use) I was offered vouchers to replace the damaged discs... So if this happens to you, you know why!"
Oddly enough it was Kenco Cafe Crema that blew up.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/sites/all/files/imagecache/teaser-large/images/teasers/LOG.v18-05.Oct15.Mansfield.newscom.jpg
first world problems
2sly

first world problems

the things we need to deal with.

its awful.
I'm going to complain to Bosch.
ewwaxo

the things we need to deal with.its awful.

lulz whats wrong with a cup of good ol nescafe?
5 years and they still haven't fixed this problem?
2sly

lulz whats wrong with a cup of good ol nescafe?

I'm too good for normal kettle coffee.
ewwaxo

5 years and they still haven't fixed this problem?

If someone was seriously injured then no doubt they would have rectified the problem by now. Just greedy corporations cutting costs to make more profits at the expense of the consumer.

Oh lawd I sound like Plum...
2sly

If someone was seriously injured then no doubt they would have rectified … If someone was seriously injured then no doubt they would have rectified the problem by now. Just greedy corporations cutting costs to make more profits at the expense of the consumer.Oh lawd I sound like Plum...

Where is that fruit?

And I always thought Bosch was a brand that could be trusted. Hmpf.
Right time to bring the coffee machine back out.
http://onecentatatime.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Financial-Karma.jpg
what the heck has karma got to do with a design flaw?
Never have this problem with a Nespresso
Chiptivo

Never have this problem with a Nespresso

that's interesting. may look out for a hot deal for one.

My Senseo has no problems Using it with a CoffeeDuck pod for ground coffee and a Milk kettle, Can't complain.
hmmm looks like tassimo is a pile o ****
I tell you what wait untill your soda stream blows up, it blow the whole machine apart with bits of bottle plastic and metal everywhere, it was like a mini bomb. This happened to me last month with me my best mate and my daughter all in the kitchen at the same time. soda stream are aware of the problem when i rang them. they collected my machine and sent it off to Israel (no joke). Anyway i got a new machine out of them but i **** myself every time i push the button and i never allow my girls in the kitchen whist i make the soda
larrylightweight

I tell you what wait untill your soda stream blows up, it blow the whole … I tell you what wait untill your soda stream blows up, it blow the whole machine apart with bits of bottle plastic and metal everywhere, it was like a mini bomb. This happened to me last month with me my best mate and my daughter all in the kitchen at the same time. soda stream are aware of the problem when i rang them. they collected my machine and sent it off to Israel (no joke). Anyway i got a new machine out of them but i **** myself every time i push the button and i never allow my girls in the kitchen whist i make the soda

that's just not on.
so what's better senseo or nespresso?

whats more affordable?

the coffeeduck is what sets it apart from tassimo....
ewwaxo

so what's better senseo or nespresso?whats more affordable?the coffeeduck … so what's better senseo or nespresso?whats more affordable?the coffeeduck is what sets it apart from tassimo....

I'm happy with my senseo, if I didn't have the coffeeduck, I probably wouldn't use it that much.
I've got the Philips Senseo HD7862
this made me LOL hard
Havince

this made me LOL hard

thanks for laughing at my first world problem.

I haven't had a decent cup of coffee for days, I'm too scared to buy any more pods.

Think i'm going to stick the stupid Tassimo machine up on eBay for £40 and make a profit.

Edited by: "ewwaxo" 8th Aug 2013
ewwaxo

thanks for laughing at my first world problem.I haven't had a decent cup … thanks for laughing at my first world problem.I haven't had a decent cup of coffee for days, I'm too scared to buy any more pods.Think i'm going to stick the stupid Tassimo machine up on eBay for £40 and make a profit.

Buy a kettle
Havince

Buy a kettle

pah. kettles. such antiquated technology.
bet it wasnt as exciting as

http://i.imgur.com/12V8x.gif
it used to work perfectly and make coffee like this.

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7659949312/h1DB12329/
brilly

bet it wasnt as exciting as

what on earth is that
Havince

what on earth is that

not a coffee duck but a coffee ****

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants