Groups

My poor Dog UPDATE

Took my dog the vet yesterday to be castrated, he came home sore and not very happy. Overnight he has messed about with his stitches and has pulled one out. I am now having to take him back the vets to be restitched, so he is going it be even more unhappy.

Think I am going to have to give him something nice for his tea.

32 Comments

Aww lol
    Give him lots of attention, and give him a nice treat, and a new toy maybe ?

You may need to buy one of those plastic collar rthings to stop him pulling his stitches again.

bless i think he might need one of them silly collars

I doubt that his girlfriend will be very happy either!
    You might consider buying her a 'toy' too
    Y:whistling:

Just kidding, get well soon

Bill

kidcat;5385478

You may need to buy one of those plastic collar rthings to stop him … You may need to buy one of those plastic collar rthings to stop him pulling his stitches again.

+1 Get a lampshade on him.

I wouldn't be too happy after having my nuts lobbed off.

Original Poster

kidcat;5385478

You may need to buy one of those plastic collar rthings to stop him … You may need to buy one of those plastic collar rthings to stop him pulling his stitches again.

ttwcd;5385520

bless i think he might need one of them silly collars

DragonChris;5385586

+1 Get a lampshade on him.I wouldn't be too happy after having my nuts … +1 Get a lampshade on him.I wouldn't be too happy after having my nuts lobbed off.

I am going to ask the vets for one, they said yesterday as it was only a couple of stitches he wouldnt need one, but i have spent all night trying to stop him messing with them.

two years ago my cat did the same thing but hers was after four days vet said she didnt need restiching
    good luck with the vets

Banned

Does seem odd that a pet lover would want to mutilate their pet in this way. I'm sure it's better in some ways, but it does seem cruel to me.

I took my dog to the vet for its annual check-up. The vet picked him up, looked at him, then said "I'm afraid I'm going to have to put him down". "Why's that?" I asked. The vet replied "Because he's heavy!"

Boom! Boom!:-D

Original Poster

ttwcd;5385650

two years ago my cat did the same thing but hers was after four days vet … two years ago my cat did the same thing but hers was after four days vet said she didnt need restiching good luck with the vets

Just phoned them and have to take him in at 2pm, its the dogs trust where we had him from and there vets only work from 2-4 pm

Original Poster

FilthAndFurry;5385660

Does seem odd that a pet lover would want to mutilate their pet in this … Does seem odd that a pet lover would want to mutilate their pet in this way. I'm sure it's better in some ways, but it does seem cruel to me.

Not my choice im afraid, he is a dogs trust dog, and its there policy that all dogs have it done when rehomed

just thinking will they have to put him under again to stitch him, he might be lucky and not have to be restiched if its only one stitch ill keep fingers crossed for him bless

Original Poster

ttwcd;5385690

just thinking will they have to put him under again to stitch him, he … just thinking will they have to put him under again to stitch him, he might be lucky and not have to be restiched if its only one stitch ill keep fingers crossed for him bless

they have said he will need restitching, as its an open wound poor thing

nessynoo01;5385674

Not my choice im afraid, he is a dogs trust dog, and its there policy … Not my choice im afraid, he is a dogs trust dog, and its there policy that all dogs have it done when rehomed

i think its a good idea the dogs and cats are done there are so many unwanted dogs and cats out there
    your dog was lucky to be given another chance to join a family lots of them are destroyed because no one wants them so sad
    i have two dogs, two cats, one parrot, fish in pond and 1 chinchilla both cats have been done one dogs to old 14 and other one just a year and thinking about getting him done

Original Poster

Well I have just got back from the vets and they didnt need to restitch, they used a staple gun and stapled it back together lol

Your dog is called Update?

Banned

nessynoo01;5385674

Not my choice im afraid, he is a dogs trust dog, and its there policy … Not my choice im afraid, he is a dogs trust dog, and its there policy that all dogs have it done when rehomed

not the response they where looking for, they where hoping for the bite, so well done :thumbsup:

nessynoo01;5389050

Well I have just got back from the vets and they didnt need to restitch, … Well I have just got back from the vets and they didnt need to restitch, they used a staple gun and stapled it back together lol

bless hope his feeling better :thumbsup:

Both my dogs are castrated and seemed quite poorly and fed up just after. What surprised me though was that within a couple of days they were back to their usual selves.
    Sure he'll feel much better soon. xx

Original Poster

sassie;5389120

not the response they where looking for, they where hoping for the bite, … not the response they where looking for, they where hoping for the bite, so well done :thumbsup:

I dont usually bite anway but thanx

ttwcd;5389307

bless hope his feeling better :thumbsup:

Susannah;5389372

Both my dogs are castrated and seemed quite poorly and fed up just after. … Both my dogs are castrated and seemed quite poorly and fed up just after. What surprised me though was that within a couple of days they were back to their usual selves. Sure he'll feel much better soon. xx

Thanx both, he is feeling very sorry for himself, and he doesnt like his lampshade lol, wont move in it:roll:

I know someone who got a dog from a shelter place,and the dog ( she ) had her op so no puppies,before he could have her at home,it was a long process getting her as he go get her walked and stuff,it took a mth or so before she was his.

Oh and hope he's ok now,they should put 1 of the cone things on in 1st place.

Banned

cis_groupie;5385661

I took my dog to the vet for its annual check-up. The vet picked him up, … I took my dog to the vet for its annual check-up. The vet picked him up, looked at him, then said "I'm afraid I'm going to have to put him down". "Why's that?" I asked. The vet replied "Because he's heavy!"Boom! Boom!:-D

loll muppet :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Mum2Connor&Cerys;5390134

I know someone who got a dog from a shelter place,and the dog ( she ) had … I know someone who got a dog from a shelter place,and the dog ( she ) had her op so no puppies,before he could have her at home,it was a long process getting her as he go get her walked and stuff,it took a mth or so before she was his.

they usually do the op before u can take them home, but ours had been in there for 3 months with kennel cough, so thought it would be better to bring him home and get him better as they cannot put them under when they have kennel cough.

And yes we asked for a collar but was told he wouldnt need one

FilthAndFurry;5385660

Does seem odd that a pet lover would want to mutilate their pet in this … Does seem odd that a pet lover would want to mutilate their pet in this way. I'm sure it's better in some ways, but it does seem cruel to me.

I'm assuming the dog is being castrated so he can't produce any babies which will also need homes found for them.

Susannah;5389372

Both my dogs are castrated and seemed quite poorly and fed up just after. … Both my dogs are castrated and seemed quite poorly and fed up just after. What surprised me though was that within a couple of days they were back to their usual selves. Sure he'll feel much better soon. xx

Reminds me of my hubby after his vasectomy :whistling:

ClarityofMind;5391482

Reminds me of my hubby after his vasectomy :whistling:

did he pull his stitches out lol

ttwcd;5391588

did he pull his stitches out lol

no, but he'd sit on the sofa wincing and cupping them in his hand... I shoulda offered him a lampshade lol

Banned

yeah stick him on the for sale forum :thumbsup:

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;5391470

I'm assuming the dog is being castrated so he can't produce any babies … I'm assuming the dog is being castrated so he can't produce any babies which will also need homes found for them.

Very true, when u rehome a dog from the Dogs trust they castrate them all as not to have more dogs to rehome

nessynoo01;5392624

Very true, when u rehome a dog from the Dogs trust they castrate them all … Very true, when u rehome a dog from the Dogs trust they castrate them all as not to have more dogs to rehome

seems intelligent.

if they have too many animals to home they have too much of a drain on their resources and they can't save every dog in the country.

unfortunately many animals are put down if they cant be rehomed. ( not by Dogs Trust but by other similar organisations ) so it makes sense to prevent the birth of too many rather than have to destroy them later on. Destroying an animal is a very sad way to go especially when it is perfectly healthy.

My two were from the RSPCA and were both neutered before we could take them home, Monty (male) was a right mardy and felt very sorry for himself, whereas Bitsey ( female) took it all in her stride!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2490
      2. Asda having major issues with deliveries today22
      3. Cat Chat76733
      4. It is a Yorkshire pudding wrap.1014

See more discussions