Groups
    EXPIRED

my psu is a...what can i do with it?

my psu is a jeantech jnp-400. can i build up a system with mobo, cpu and ram. so that it is reasonably good; or is this psu only good for the scrapheap? cheers

6 Comments

I neeed a atx psu to complete a scrapper I'm building for my sister in law, a single mother of 2
    So if you do decide to chuck it

But to answer your question you could probaly certainly use it for a new system though you may have to buy some converters, molex-> sata power, 20pin->24pin power connector, ect

You might be pushing it a bit if you want to put in a powerful graphics card, but if not you should be ok, i have a system with a C2D 2.4ghz cpu, 2 gig ram, hd, dvdrw and an 8800gt running fine on an old 400 watt psu..

Original Poster

what motherboard would you guys suggest for this to run. i think i need an atx form not an mATX to fit in my case. im dont know if it both will fit

mATX will fit in any motherboard that accepts ATX boards.

Original Poster

oh my bad. i dont think i can accept pci-e with my psu so will have to get a board that doesnt have this

deadhac;2933805

oh my bad. i dont think i can accept pci-e with my psu so will have to … oh my bad. i dont think i can accept pci-e with my psu so will have to get a board that doesnt have this

Graphics card pci-e power connector you mean? If thats the case you would be better of buying a new PSU, you can get fairly decent 500W ones for about £30.. but bear in mind some slower pci-e cards dont need external power and are powered straight from the motherboard
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 5am gym crew20132
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767382
      3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2469
      4. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1319

See more discussions