My right to unlock my phone...HELP

I'm having a problem with getting my phone unlocked. I have a Blackberry Curve 8520 on Vodafone, but have a friend looking to swap me for their Iphone. I went through Vodafone to get my unlock code, which doesn't work. I have been in touch with Vodafone through Email and also in store and every time they just tell me that the code I have is correct and it should work.
This morning I went in and they showed me an email they had received from the unlock team saying the code was correct and there was nothing more they could do. The sales assistant then advised me to go to a shop on the high street and pay to get it unlocked, is this right or do they have to unlock my phone for me? I'm just getting a bit annoyed with them telling me the code is correct when they themselves have tried to use it and it doesn't work.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Kev

16 Comments

Banned

whats the error when u enter the code
however they dont have to unlock it for you

Original Poster

the error is "code error; please wait.." then it just takes you back to the normal menu. Thanks for the info, I thought I'd heard somewhere that now they had to unlock your phone if you requested it but obviously not!!

amazonboy

the error is "code error; please wait.." then it just takes you back to … the error is "code error; please wait.." then it just takes you back to the normal menu. Thanks for the info, I thought I'd heard somewhere that now they had to unlock your phone if you requested it but obviously not!!

Did you try to unlock the phone with a different phone network SIM in it?

How are your entering it?

spitroast

Original Poster

This is the steps I am following...
NUC Procedure

1. Turn off the radio on the handheld. Failure to do this could result in the handheld becoming unusable.
2. From the home screen, go to Options > Advanced Options > SIM card.
3. Type ‘mepd’ You should see personalisation options.
4. Type ‘mep’ press and hold the ALT key and press ‘2’.
5. You are now prompted for the unlock code.
6. Type in 4007853426027647 and press Return.
7. Restart the Blackberry handheld by removing and replacing the battery.

Scotty, I have only tried it with my original Vodafone sim when unlocking it.

Doe's it not tell you that the lock is disabled

spitroast

Original Poster

Spit Roast, all I get is "code error; please wait.." I don't really understand how it can be the correct code and yet not unlock the handset.

Do you know your MEP if not use to get it news.unlock-blackberry.com/how…es/ and PM your IMEI with it and i wil sort you a unlock code

spitroast

Original Poster

It says access violation when I try to read the handset... ??? I thought it would just be a case of putting the number in and that would be it...

Thanks for your help Spit Roast, any other ideas how I could get my MEP?

I know sometime you put the unlock code in 3 time wrong, it will only be able to unlocked via cable or hardware unlock

heovang

I know sometime you put the unlock code in 3 time wrong, it will only be … I know sometime you put the unlock code in 3 time wrong, it will only be able to unlocked via cable or hardware unlock

Your allowed ten times with a Blackberry

spitroast

If you still cant read your MEP i will unlock it via post free of charge just pay for return postage of your choice

spitroast

Original Poster

spitroast that site wants me to pay £30 odd to download it!!! Thanks for all your help!

Original Poster

not sure why but the original download you gave me spitroast is now working... will pm details :-)

Original Poster

Figured out why the first thing didn't work the first time...I already had my BB connected before I started the software. :-) simple things confuse me... :-s
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846094
    2. hOW SHOCKED WERE YOU AT THE GLASGOW FRUIT MARKET CONFLAGRATION??77
    3. Xbox One X - (News, updates, etc)3381
    4. Any PS4 News Here29213601

See more discussions