Posted 3 November 2010

My Samsung LE32 TV wont turn on? (Flashing red light)

Had a Samsung LE32 LCD for around 18 months now, for around 4 months now when turned on the red power light flashes several times but does not come on.( Every once in a while it does?)Anyone experienced this or know of a fix? I spoke to Samsung but refuse to help. If no fix or cost is too much looks like binning it to buy a new one.
Community Updates
New Comment

34 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Mallinersha

Inverter has gone

That's easy to fix. Turn it upside down
    i sometimes get this on my panasonic i bought 2-3 years ago. i turn it on by the power button and the screen will startup but then cuts out and light flashes red, i turn it off and try again, sometimes takes 2 attempts to get it to turn on. not sure if that makes it worse, but it's been like that for about 6 months and it doesn't happen everytime i turn it on, probably about once every 8 or 9 times.
    Author
    Penny Saver

Sounds like a SOGA issue with the retailer... only 18months old??? Don't … Sounds like a SOGA issue with the retailer... only 18months old??? Don't quote me... I don't really know.

What is SOGA?
    sale of goods act
    its not the Capacitors I have this EXACT same issue there same symptoms every one I changed every capacitor on the power board didn't fix the problem people when you reply with a fix don't state it as a mater of fact because you will cause people to waste money I have this issue too exactly if you change the capacitors the issue doses not go I also noticed if I spray contact cleaner on the board that the TV comes on and works good for 5 hours sometimes I get a good 2 days I noticed with mine that there was dried up moisture on all the boards ? but I do live in Oregon. It could be a bad solder point or a malfunctioning IC on the board as well Good Luck
    Does sound like a power supply problem which may not be too expensive to fix. If it's the mother board, that could be pricey though. Worth checking the AV forums for advice or phone a repair company for a quote.
    Sounds like a SOGA issue with the retailer... only 18months old??? Don't quote me... I don't really know.
    Before you take it back try switching it off and on with all external devices disconnected. There are cases where a devicein standby can send an invalid video signal.
    Author
    trog0

Before you take it back try switching it off and on with all external … Before you take it back try switching it off and on with all external devices disconnected. There are cases where a devicein standby can send an invalid video signal.

Hi i have tried this many times with certain leads in and out etc. Thanks for advice tho.
    A lot of TV parts are available on ebay, if you or someone you know is technically minded, and you can diagnose the problem, then parts are fairly easy to replace.
    Inverter has gone
    Author
    Mallinersha

Inverter has gone

I read this somewhere and im sure thats what Samsung thought it was.How much would this cost & where would fix it or could i get part?
    Thanks

Model is LE32A456C
    (edited)
    nutta

I read this somewhere and im sure thats what Samsung thought it was.How … I read this somewhere and im sure thats what Samsung thought it was.How much would this cost & where would fix it or could i get part?ThanksModel is LE32A456C

Personally I'd try the SOGA or your credit card firm.
    hi mate . how did u get on with your tv? as we have same tv ,with same fault????
    Author
    griffon494

hi mate . how did u get on with your tv? as we have same tv ,with same … hi mate . how did u get on with your tv? as we have same tv ,with same fault????

never did anything still not working
    Did anyone get a response from Samsung over this - I have the same problem and dont know whether to persue it with Samsung, They bounced me when I phoned them.
    My missus managed to do similar with the 37" Toshiba in the bedroom. The switch on it has never really been that positive, but as of Thursday last week, the red light come on for about 5 seconds then faded. I took the thing apart Friday evening and found the fault. Basically, the switch gets activated, but doesnt stay on and a piece of plastic had broken off. I thought it was going to be an easy fix (even went and bought some Superglue!) Alas it wasnt. It does need a new switch and on/off button, but in the meantime Ive jammed something in place to keep it on. (It can go to standby fine) So off now means unplugged.

Obviously your problem may be different, but worth it maybe to have a look if you get nowhere with SOGA.
    Jeffreyxtc

Did anyone get a response from Samsung over this - I have the same … Did anyone get a response from Samsung over this - I have the same problem and dont know whether to persue it with Samsung, They bounced me when I phoned them.

The fault lies with the capicitors on the main board which will require replacing. may also need a new microchip but that will be assessed when capacitors are replaced. repair should cost between £75 - £100.
    darrengilluk

The fault lies with the capicitors on the main board which will require … The fault lies with the capicitors on the main board which will require replacing. may also need a new microchip but that will be assessed when capacitors are replaced. repair should cost between £75 - £100.

I heard you might want to watch out with capacitors if you change them yourself, they have around 5k volts and have been known to kill a few ppl. If you are thinking about doing it yourself.
    It is a capacitator problem, The red light blinks off and on with a constant clicking like the unit is trying to turn itself on. I had a similar problem with my 46" Samsung. I looked around in some AV forums and found that this is an inherent problem with Samsung Models. I told them so when I called querying about repair( I had my TV for just over 2 yr) they arranged to fix with no qualms. the only problem was that the repair was done at a workshop an We were without our TV for approx 2 weeks. Hope this helps. Don't back down...stand your ground and let them know your unit has developed an inherant fault.
    hi there i have a samsung 32 inch le32r88bd tele
    type no bp32eo
    i am havin a proplem with in i plug it into the mains all i get bk is the on and off switch flashin red
    does any 1 no wat this is and how much it will cost to get it fixed ..... thanks....
    Our Samsung tv has the same problem, takes forever to switch on using the remote.
    To get round the problem when the tv is on switch it off at the wall socket when you're done watching it (not with the remote).
    When you next switch it on at the wall socket instead of using the remote it should come back on pretty quickly
    Thats how we have got around the problem...not ideal I know but give it a try.

(edited)
    I have experienced the exact same issue and through a fair amount of research i have found that Samsung has had many issues with Capacitors on the TVs from 26" to 40" that are about 12-24 months old. The fix actually looks pretty easy if you know your way around a soldering iron. Check youtube for a couple videos on how to fix the problem. With a little soldering skill, $3 and 30 minutes you may be able to fix your issue.
    I've had this same problem with a 42" Samsung. I've found that unplugging the power supply from the back of the TV and then plugging it back it and leaving the TV off for about an hour usually allows the TV to power up the next time I turn it on.
    Have the same problem, dont really want to pay a shed load of cash to get it fixed, tv sucks anyway but really miss playing my xbox now lol
    Hi I have a samsung LCD tv which is 2 years old i rang samsung few months bk to tell them about same fault, standby light flashing several times but tv still woulnt turn on they done nothing about it i took power lead out tv and plug which worked but now it's happened again but this time nothing's working surly if its a manufacturing fault they have to repair or replace it, tvs should last longer then 2 years its not like its used constantly its a bedroom tv :-/
    I have a 43inch Samsung plasma it has a cracked screen & it only shows the red light but no picture its just totally blank. How much would this cost to fix the screen.
    I have a Samsung 50'' t.v the tele went off on it's own now won't come back on, but the standby light is still on
    I have the Samsung LE37M878DX with the same prob - won't turn on - capacitor is faulty will samsung fix this for me for free- I've had the tv about 2 years now
    Hello there i have a SAMSUNG LE32A456C2D starts O.K after 4 red light blinks. I switch it off and red light comes on stundby, BUT starts again on its own any time!
    We got this in june/july 2014 its now Sept. Say 3 months ago. Samsung 32 in TV model # UN32EH5300FXZA . When it plays it like a dream, Beautiful. Sometimes when you hit the power button it will come on. Other times it stays on 3 to 5 seconds then it shuts off.
    A red light comes on and flashes 5 times. And you get nothing. Let it sit a few minutes and repeat. After a dozen times or so of this crap it finally comes on. And will usually play a few hours. Then just turn itself off. I love all the things this TV can do.
    But my old TV still works. I went as far as to unhook everything and unplug this set. Let it sit for a hour. Then plugged in the power cord and turn it on. It played fine. But then again from time to time it played just like it was suppose to.
    The wife keeps telling me its going into a sleep mode after a few hours. And that is why it is shutting down.
    But it did not do this when we first got it.
    nutta

Had a Samsung LE32 LCD for around 18 months now, for around 4 months now … Had a Samsung LE32 LCD for around 18 months now, for around 4 months now when turned on the red power light flashes several times but does not come on.( Every once in a while it does?)Anyone experienced this or know of a fix? I spoke to Samsung but refuse to help. If no fix or cost is too much looks like binning it to buy a new one.

HOW DO I GET IT REPAIRD
    MOD EDIT: Personal info removed.

Please do not post personal contact info in the public and open forum.

Thank you
    (edited)
    Hi,
    My Panasonic Th-46pz85b flashes red 11ish times but doesn't turn on what's wrong with it?
    Sounds like the same main board power issue we had on 32" Samsung. Quick Google showed the 4 series which we had was prone to the fault. Wasn't worth repairing in my opinion given we got a 42" LG for about the same price £300
's avatar