My Sansa Fuze MP3 Player Died (RIPieces) Suggestions to replace it with no song limits

Y U NO make decent mp3 players anymore sandisk?

Trying to find a replacement. Lots of junk out there and even some expensive ones have song limits.

Any recommendations?

7 Comments

I bought a Benjie s5 from gearbest a few months ago after my sansa clip broke.
it was about £15. I wasn't expecting much but use it all the time and bought another in case it breaks, I also have a iPod touch and a classic, that don't get used at all now.
there is a forum discussion kicking about on the net somewhere.
Edited by: "shadey12" 27th Jan

Any old mobile will do. Far better than a mp3 player. You don't need to put a sim card in. I use a old Samsung s3 with no sim. What's really good is adding a free equaliser app that works with everything. Makes the audio sound great. I can pin my Google music i uploaded so it plays offline l. Play mp3s. Download podcasts using a podcatcher app. Use BBC Iplayer and so on. I put in airplane mode when away from wifi and battery lasts for a day no problem. Can swap batteries if need.

That's the trouble. Phones have more functionality than an mp3 player, so decent mp3 players died out.

That said I do prefer an mp3 player smaller, lighter. Dedicated to one thing.

I wish I had bought the sansa clip when it was still being sold by Curry's but it kind of bothered me it was full price despite being an old device. My Sansa clip + I've had to solder to wires from the power button to outside and turn it on by connecting the two and I can't find anything decent to replace it with either.

Apparently the Sansa Jam is no where as good.

Gynx

That's the trouble. Phones have more functionality than an mp3 player, … That's the trouble. Phones have more functionality than an mp3 player, so decent mp3 players died out.That said I do prefer an mp3 player smaller, lighter. Dedicated to one thing. I wish I had bought the sansa clip when it was still being sold by Curry's but it kind of bothered me it was full price despite being an old device. My Sansa clip + I've had to solder to wires from the power button to outside and turn it on by connecting the two and I can't find anything decent to replace it with either. Apparently the Sansa Jam is no where as good.

I bought a sansa jam for my brother as a replacement for his sansa clip and it seems ok. I didnt think much of the sansa clip as it was very fragile and didnt last long with my brother being so rough with it.

mutley1

[quote=Gynx] That's the trouble. Phones have more functionality than an … [quote=Gynx] That's the trouble. Phones have more functionality than an mp3 player, so decent mp3 players died out.That said I do prefer an mp3 player smaller, lighter. Dedicated to one thing. I wish I had bought the sansa clip when it was still being sold by Curry's but it kind of bothered me it was full price despite being an old device. My Sansa clip + I've had to solder to wires from the power button to outside and turn it on by connecting the two and I can't find anything decent to replace it with either. Apparently the Sansa Jam is no where as good.

I don't know if I can attest to fragile, I mean my damage came from it falling out of my pocket and stamping it (on more than one occasion) whilst working out.

Apart from killing the power button it survived.

I should probably re-look at the Sansa Jam though.

Original Poster

My Sansa fuze's battery only lasted a few days so decided to buy a new battery. Before I bought one (£10!) I opened the device to see if it was possible and to check the part number etc. I follwed an online guide but it didnt warn me ....when I removed the front cover from the back a tiny ribbon cable was yanked out and no matter how many times I put it back in its holder the front wheel and buttons do not work. I might see if I can buy another dead fuze and repair it.

I don't know why they stopped making the fuze, didnt like the smaller versions. The wheel made scrolling through my 11k songs a breeze.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/G/01/electronics/detail-page/B0015L0T3G-2.jpg

Gynx

I don't know if I can attest to fragile, I mean my damage came from it … I don't know if I can attest to fragile, I mean my damage came from it falling out of my pocket and stamping it (on more than one occasion) whilst working out. Apart from killing the power button it survived. I should probably re-look at the Sansa Jam though.

My brother has been through two sansa clip. They last about 12 months with him at most. He presses the power too roughly so it falls inside the machine. It is very fragile. I opened up the machine to see if i could fix it and could see how thin the soldering were inside.

The sansa jam power button is bigger so i am hoping it will last a little while longer.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Need Bright Red Exterior Paint. HELP!!33
    2. Do you turn clothes inside out before washing?1827
    3. Barcelona to Lloreta de mar33
    4. Audi A4 2 Batteries and memory card issue34

See more discussions