My Schuh rant ......

Banned 26
Found 23rd Dec 2013
Today I went onto Schuh website and purchased some boots as a present for £175. I checked the stock in my local stores for collection after 1hr and they all said 1 available. So, I bought the boots, I added a 15% promo code which reduced it to £148.75. I got my order confirmation. I checked my bank and the money was missing from my balance. An hour later I get a text from Schuh saying 'we are sorry but we cannot locate your item' so I contacted them via online help. I was told that they only have the display item available and they're worn and marked. After 30 minutes of trying to communicate with an incompetent advisor, I wa told the order had been cancelled and all I could do was make another purchase. Bear in mind that my money wasn't available. Schuh said my bank are holding it upto 7 days. So, no boots and no money available to spend. What do I do ? Well I rang customer services who were nice to deal with over the phone. But they told me that the 7 local stores to me all had 1 pair of boots remaining because they're out of stock and are selling the display models at full price. By this time I'd been in constant contact with them for 90 minutes. In the end I reordered over the phone. He took took my card details and then payment went through. Next day delivery I'm getting which is Christmas eve. I also had to pay a delivery charge. The point to my rant is, all Schuh shops selling boots at full value even though they're in average condition. No where does it say they're display items and no where does it say if you make payment and they cancel your order, your money is unavailable. Does anyone think I should take this further ? for the inconvenience.
Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
26 Comments

Take it further? Write to your MP.

Reading that, i stopped half way through and proceeded to pull a tooth out with a pair of pliers.

I found the tooth extraction less painful.
Edited by: "transit" 23rd Dec 2013

Is there a short version, I only have one life time.

Original Poster Banned

Might not sound a big thing but when your there and dealing with it, it's so fustrating

leelee6781

Might not sound a big thing but when your there and dealing with it, … Might not sound a big thing but when your there and dealing with it, it's so fustrating

http://media2.giphy.com/media/Zo9ACzmJgoqRy/giphy.gif

Don't rant on here,they'll only make you laugh

Banned

You could lock yourself in their toilets over the holidays and refuse to come out. Get the press involved they are abusing you.

I like the toilet idea, expanding on that, maybe you could stage a dirty protest?

so what happend to the camel?

Banned

You could always wear the boots for say 6 months, then take them back & ask for refund.
They can't tell you no due to them being in used condition as that's the way you bought them

ItWizzNaeMe

You could always wear the boots for say 6 months, then take them back & … You could always wear the boots for say 6 months, then take them back & ask for refund.They can't tell you no due to them being in used condition as that's the way you bought them

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwg6cwaMzA1qzjix8.gif

Banned

Display models are touched by everyone & so are not brand new = Used

ItWizzNaeMe

Display models are touched by everyone & so are not brand new = Used

http://s2.thejournal.ie/media/2013/06/morgan-freeman_say-what.gif

Original Poster Banned

On a serious note should I just accept what's happened or should I write to them ? Surely it's false and misleading advertising

Banned

leelee6781

On a serious note should I just accept what's happened or should I write … On a serious note should I just accept what's happened or should I write to them ? Surely it's false and misleading advertising

Why pay,then moan ?
You could contact them once received & make a complaint saying they look used.They may give you a part-refund,but call CS online.

dont waste ya time

move on

Banned

leelee6781

On a serious note should I just accept what's happened or should I write … On a serious note should I just accept what's happened or should I write to them ? Surely it's false and misleading advertising

Did you actually end up with a display pair at full price? I don't think there is any law against selling display items at full price.

I agree it's a bit naughty of them but at the end of the day they were honest and told you they only have the display ones and refunded you.

There isn't alot you can complain about as they haven't really done anything wrong.

Retailers don't generally have separate stock numbers on their systems for display items, usually a shop only showing 1 in stock of something would mean it was a display item HOWEVER the one in stock could well be a boxed new item.
Edited by: "Holly1985" 23rd Dec 2013

I had a problem with Asda when they took my money and didn't deliver my shopping, get in touch with your bank and ask for a fax number and an authorization code ( I think you get the code off the bank or it might be schuh it is one of them so just ask both) then get back in touch with schuh and tell them you need your refund expedited and they will then they will fax the bank to do the refund straight away. Hope this helps.

Id say take it further. for a start it false advertising. You have highlighted the error to them so they should now address the issue and mark as display shoes.
Id go further and ask for delivery refund or something

Banned

01zesty01

Id say take it further. for a start it false advertising. You have … Id say take it further. for a start it false advertising. You have highlighted the error to them so they should now address the issue and mark as display shoes. Id go further and ask for delivery refund or something

Its not false advertising, The OP purchased a pair of shoes that were showing as 1 in stock at his local store, Shuh processed the order and realized they were display ones and contacted the OP, issued a refund and then the OP decided to order another pair with delivery (Shuh should have given you free Delivery imo)

Only really false advertising if the OP had collected the shoes and had not been told they were display/marked ones.
Edited by: "Holly1985" 23rd Dec 2013

agreeeeeeeeeed

£175 for a pair of boots? If you can afford to pay that surely you don't need HUKD?

But used a promo code of 15%

£175 let me guess Mugs, I mean Uggs?

And order a new keyboard
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants