Groups

MY SON DELETED ALL MY PHOTOS ON MY DIGITAL CAMERA!!! CAN I GET THEM BACK????

THE TITLE SAYS IT ALL. CAN ANYONE HELP????

33 Comments

Not unless they were backed up somewhere.

You might be able to with a recovery software.

Abvance;4306134

This is the likely option, if possible.

Original Poster

Abvance;4306134

MORE INFO PLEASE.

Try the trail version of this;

stellarinfo.com/dig…htm

We use it at work and its excellent.

what type of camera?

Abvance;4306134

i think you can only recover them if they where on the phones memory card

Stellarinfo is a great recovery tool, can pull files from a formatted HDD so I imagine it can pull pics off a SD card.

It will pull ALL files on there and some may be corrupt but you might get some others back. Worth a shot

Banned

Try "Recuva" it's free.

Can you give us any more information on the camera and where the images were stored?

This is a link to ]recovery software for an SD card, it is a free trial but to recover several images you may need to buy it.

You can. I recommend throwing out his favourite toys whilst he's at school. That'll teach the little turd.

I used PC Inspector when i had the same problem a while ago, its freeware link below

pcinspector.de/Sit…e=1

sorry they have no invented time machines yet :-(

dxx;4306233

That'll teach the little turd.

:giggle:

If your photos were on some sort of media card ,ie. SD,XD,Compact Flash etc ............you dont say .Then the answer is yes . Providing you dont take anymore photos with the card [take it out just in case] ,they can be brought back using recovery software . I've done this with someones holiday photos on a card , they CUT instead of COPY , put them on their PC then accidently them .I brought all 86 photos back and put them onto CD .

haggis_muncher;4306248

I used PC Inspector when i had the same problem a while ago, its freeware … I used PC Inspector when i had the same problem a while ago, its freeware link belowhttp://www.pcinspector.de/Sites/file_recovery/download.htm?language=1

This would be my recommendation as well, although it's freeware it's managed remarkably well to retrieve deleted files from removeable media.

For all. those making the incorrect comments about it not being possible or requiring a 'time machine'(!), when a file is deleted it isn't actually removed from the medium - instead the filespace it uses is marked for being available for use. The key aspect as some people have mentioned is not to write any data to the card at all as any new data written will be in place of the old data which means it can no longer be recovered.

John

Original Poster

haggis_muncher;4306248

I used PC Inspector when i had the same problem a while ago, its freeware … I used PC Inspector when i had the same problem a while ago, its freeware link belowhttp://www.pcinspector.de/Sites/file_recovery/download.htm?language=1

Is this for pc photo recovery or for digital cameras? i

my camera is a kodak 7mp

1. Download and install PC Inspector Smart Recovery.
    2. With the memory card inserted, connect your digital camera to your computer. Under “My Computer”, note the drive letter assigned to your camera’s memory card (usually E: or F:).
    3. Start PC Inspector Smart Recover and when it loads, set up your data recovery by:
    -. Selecting the drive letter to recover files from.
    -. Selecting a folder on your computer where the recovered files are to be saved.
    4. Now, click the “Start” button and let PC Inspector Smarty Recovery work its magic.
    5. Browse to the folder that you selected for your recovered files and check out the results of the recovery.

PC Inspector Smart Recovery may take a long time to process depending on the size of the memory card you’re scanning, but the results are worth the wait.

Original Poster

Johnmcl7;4306375

This would be my recommendation as well, although it's freeware it's … This would be my recommendation as well, although it's freeware it's managed remarkably well to retrieve deleted files from removeable media.For all. those making the incorrect comments about it not being possible or requiring a 'time machine'(!), when a file is deleted it isn't actually removed from the medium - instead the filespace it uses is marked for being available for use. The key aspect as some people have mentioned is not to write any data to the card at all as any new data written will be in place of the old data which means it can no longer be recovered.John

he deleted the photos and took photos of his face!!!!! does this mean no chance of recovery????:w00t:

Lollipop;4306402

he deleted the photos and took photos of his face!!!!! does this mean no … he deleted the photos and took photos of his face!!!!! does this mean no chance of recovery????:w00t:

lol, you could still try but your chances are reduced dramatically.

Lollipop;4306402

he deleted the photos and took photos of his face!!!!! does this mean no … he deleted the photos and took photos of his face!!!!! does this mean no chance of recovery????:w00t:

lol does he have a hukd account i want to give him some rep lol thats hilarious :w00t:

Original Poster

not funny guys i feel like crying.

Original Poster

thanks all for your help . have given rep to ev1.

Thanks from me as well. I've added your links to favourites - just in case.:thumbsup:

Good luck (haha I typo'd 'lick' to begin with) lollipop

Banned

As others have advised try

]http//ww…om/

Worked many times for me after I'd deleted the pix from memory cards. :thumbsup:

Lollipop;4306402

It depends on how many pictures he took and what area of the memory card was used, all you can do is try running some recovery software and see what it pulls up.

John

Daft Punk;4306400

1. Download and install PC Inspector Smart Recovery. 2. With the memory … 1. Download and install PC Inspector Smart Recovery. 2. With the memory card inserted, connect your digital camera to your computer. Under “My Computer”, note the drive letter assigned to your camera’s memory card (usually E: or F:). 3. Start PC Inspector Smart Recover and when it loads, set up your data recovery by: -. Selecting the drive letter to recover files from. -. Selecting a folder on your computer where the recovered files are to be saved. 4. Now, click the “Start” button and let PC Inspector Smarty Recovery work its magic. 5. Browse to the folder that you selected for your recovered files and check out the results of the recovery.PC Inspector Smart Recovery may take a long time to process depending on the size of the memory card you’re scanning, but the results are worth the wait.

Pretty sure it took about 2 hours to recover about 150 piccys from a 4gb SD card for me last year, basically it reads every bit of the card.

Original Poster

JUST COULDNT DO IT . I am so **** at all this tech stuff. i just cant seem to manage to find where i go to to get it to search my memory card.

Original Poster

churchy2704;4306827

As others have advised try ]http://www.recuva.com/Worked many times for … As others have advised try ]http://www.recuva.com/Worked many times for me after I'd deleted the pix from memory cards. :thumbsup:

how do i get it to search my memory card that is in my camera?

my brother rescued our Christening pics which my OH accidently deleted on the day......if you are still stuck pm me and i'll ask hime how he did it.

I recovered 500 photos from a corrupted 2 gig SD card using this free software, recovered all photos except for 1 photo.

snapfiles.com/get…tml

Lollipop;4307486

JUST COULDNT DO IT . I am so **** at all this tech stuff. i just cant … JUST COULDNT DO IT . I am so **** at all this tech stuff. i just cant seem to manage to find where i go to to get it to search my memory card.

If you get really stuck and want someone else to do it , I 've done data recovery lots of times . Just send me the card and I'll do it for you .
    Please bare in mind that some data , like important docs and photos or even things you wouldn't want anyone to see can show up after a recovery .........if you know what I mean .
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …81141
      2. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1111
      3. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.2748
      4. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)2125

See more discussions