Groups
    EXPIRED

My son has a blackberry and can't receive text messages but can send - any ideas?

can't receive sms but can send and make calls

Anyone else had this?

10 Comments

Has he ever had an iphone because the texts could be going to imessaging or whatever it's called and not the text messaging application on the phone.
    It could also be that texts are going to another application on his phone and not to the default one.

If its new, you need to get your network to enable Blackberry services

Also has he been abroad recently? Or turned off mobile data?

Original Poster

never had an iphone, he's had this for almost a year and everything was working correctly, never been abroad but i'm not sure about the mobile data.
    I swapped the SIM into one of my old phones and it receives texts fine in this phone. Going to try putting it back in tomorrow so if it's changed?

Have you tried turning it off and on again? ;-)

Original Poster

They (BB support) say that you should remove the battery whilst it is switched on, leave for 15 seconds then replace battery and it's like rebooting a pc? yet to try this myself.. dunno what my son has done on his own though!

its a blackberry, that's the problem lol

Has he managed to change the message centre number?

What model blackberry is it & what network is he on?

Original Poster

I dunno about the message centre number or what type of BB it is? curve i think?? and is on Vodafone. I'll havea gander at it tomorrow and see what i can do - if not failing that i'll go back to VF store where he bought it

arcangel111

I dunno about the message centre number or what type of BB it is? curve i … I dunno about the message centre number or what type of BB it is? curve i think?? and is on Vodafone. I'll havea gander at it tomorrow and see what i can do - if not failing that i'll go back to VF store where he bought it

Have a look at this page, it's pretty much a step-by-step to setting up a Vodafone Curve for text messaging

deviceguides.vodafone.ie/web…ng/
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Swarovski styling mirror from Hadleigh.11
      2. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1145
      3. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64556
      4. Win Swarovski earrings with OK magazine11

See more discussions