MY SON HAS BROKE HIS SCREEN ON A NEW LG COOKIE

Can it be repaired b4 his Dad finds out. Two weeks old and and broke it rock climbing.
Any advice appreciated.......

24 Comments

repair it and put it down to experience! what age is he?

sell it n buy new one for 50 off here

tell him to find somewhere else to live :whistling:

It can probably be repaired but I doubt it would be economically feasible as the screen isn't cheap and there's the labour charge to fit it as well. It's likely to be quicker, easier and of similar cost to buy another one.

John

My advice is, dont go rock climbing with a mobile phone in your pocket ;-)

Original Poster

wulshaz;6538237

repair it and put it down to experience! what age is he?

15 and may well not make 16 if his Dad finds out. Would think it expensive to repair.!!!

Original Poster

kjbenja;6538302

LOL, Will make sure it don't happen again.:whistling:

Tanya;6538305

15 and may well not make 16 if his Dad finds out. Would think it … 15 and may well not make 16 if his Dad finds out. Would think it expensive to repair.!!!

omg what was he thinking! i think as above it might be just as easy to buy a new one or just tell his dad and dont repair or renew it and let him learn his lesson i,m afraid.

kjbenja;6538302

+1

wulshaz;6538332

omg what was he thinking! i think as above it might be just as easy to … omg what was he thinking! i think as above it might be just as easy to buy a new one or just tell his dad and dont repair or renew it and let him learn his lesson i,m afraid.

+1, if you hide his stupidity now he'll never learn :roll:

Original Poster

wulshaz;6538332

omg what was he thinking! i think as above it might be just as easy to … omg what was he thinking! i think as above it might be just as easy to buy a new one or just tell his dad and dont repair or renew it and let him learn his lesson i,m afraid.

Yes I agree, but we have been here b4. The last nokia ended up on the bottom of a river after canoeing. :w00t:

what about claiming on your house contents insurance ?

kjbenja;6538302

Exactly, it's not as if he could pick it up to answer it halfway up a rock face.

richp;6538377

what about claiming on your house contents insurance ?

The excess on the policy would no doubt be over the cost of a new one.

moob;6538392

The excess on the policy would no doubt be over the cost of a new one.

fair enough, i wasnt sure of the price for a new phone.

Tanya;6538376

Yes I agree, but we have been here b4. The last nokia ended up on the … Yes I agree, but we have been here b4. The last nokia ended up on the bottom of a river after canoeing. :w00t:

well there you go then prime example do not repair or renew i,m sorry but if it was me i wouldnt as they need to learn money is not there to burn you need to think and be more careful.

Tanya;6538376

Yes I agree, but we have been here b4. The last nokia ended up on the … Yes I agree, but we have been here b4. The last nokia ended up on the bottom of a river after canoeing. :w00t:

he obviously doesn't give a crap then ;-)

Original Poster

wulshaz;6538419

well there you go then prime example do not repair or renew i,m sorry but … well there you go then prime example do not repair or renew i,m sorry but if it was me i wouldnt as they need to learn money is not there to burn you need to think and be more careful.

Thanks for your sensible advice :roll:

Tanya;6538463

Thanks for your sensible advice :roll:

do what i do take the blame say you knocked it of table or something like that it all ways works for us :thumbsup:

If he does have an active lifestyle and wants to keep a phone on him (which is entirely understandable with potentially dangerous activities) then it may be worth considering investing in a toughened phone such as the Sonim XP1.

John

ttwcd;6538712

do what i do take the blame say you knocked it of table or something like … do what i do take the blame say you knocked it of table or something like that it all ways works for us :thumbsup:

and then ds is not taking any responsibilities for his actions? no bring him to the real world not everything is or should be handed to you he really needs to for his sake no one elses learn how to treat things and manage money also

A couple of weeks with no phone might teach him to look after it,

wulshaz;6538744

and then ds is not taking any responsibilities for his actions? no bring … and then ds is not taking any responsibilities for his actions? no bring him to the real world not everything is or should be handed to you he really needs to for his sake no one elses learn how to treat things and manage money also

trust me they learn because i punish them myself (but make child pay for replacement when they can) its just easier soimetimes not getting oh involved, mine do take responsibility for their own actions and their are in the real world

what i meant is yes take the blame but make child pay for replacement without oh knowing

i just thought wouldnt child been insured on this trip couldnt you claim from insurance

Original Poster

ttwcd;6538712

do what i do take the blame say you knocked it of table or something like … do what i do take the blame say you knocked it of table or something like that it all ways works for us :thumbsup:

That is a good way of saving his neck..:whistling:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763826
    2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread414614063
    3. Walnut snip: Nestlé cuts nut out of chocolate after prices surge - The Guar…88
    4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523398

See more discussions