Found 11th Jan 2009
Can anyone help me with ideas for my babies 1st birthday this Thursday. May do a party then or maybe Saturday. It will be mostly family but a few of my friends babies too. Does anyone know of any good ideas I could use or any good websites to get 1st Birthday accessories that are not too expensive.
Many thanks to all replies. Tracy

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
21 Comments

Banned

he wont really remember it so dont spend out to much

tbh i wouldnt do anything for it as he wont remember it

I'm in the same boat, we live in South wales and our families live up North so we are having a party at each grandparents. One party is a Tinkerbell theme, we have all the tableware, a cake and then inviting family round for a tea party. The other party is Pink theme and were doing the same there, but with a few games etc because the children are older. I'm doing little party bags, and am decorating the room a little.
To be honest i am doing this, because family don't get too see her too often and also it's all new to me so i find it quite exciting. The invites went out yesterday and i got my tableware from Tesco and home bargains. What presnts are you buying, because this is where i am struggling. She has every toy imaginable, she has money, premium bonds, and she has enough clothes to fill 3 next stores. So what do i get?? HTH x

Oh gorgeous! What a milestone. You will always remember the first birthday.

Like most mums said, baby wont remember it so its not worth directing anything specifically for him, its mostly for the adults come to congratulate you.

Balloons and streamers always make it look nice. Then fruit punch, that kind of thing. It'll all be lovely!

Congratulations xx

i got most of my sons 1st birthday things from home bargains

Lulu'sMammy;4027207

I'm in the same boat, we live in South wales and our families live up … I'm in the same boat, we live in South wales and our families live up North so we are having a party at each grandparents. One party is a Tinkerbell theme, we have all the tableware, a cake and then inviting family round for a tea party. The other party is Pink theme and were doing the same there, but with a few games etc because the children are older. I'm doing little party bags, and am decorating the room a little. To be honest i am doing this, because family don't get too see her too often and also it's all new to me so i find it quite exciting. The invites went out yesterday and i got my tableware from Tesco and home bargains. What presnts are you buying, because this is where i am struggling. She has every toy imaginable, she has money, premium bonds, and she has enough clothes to fill 3 next stores. So what do i get?? HTH x

a piece of jewellery engraved? can keep it forever then

I disagree with the posts that say don't make a fuss.

DO MAKE A FUSS. you have real a big milestone. just think of all the ups and downs you have had in the last year.

enjoy it. it is a party for you as a mum.

enjoy YOUR day. x

Asda and Tesco do cheap stuff. As others have said balloons and a banner or two will only cost a couple of pounds. Then you littles fave sweets...........i made a number one from chocolate logs as a cake for my little star and put sweets around it...............and some toys about....and nothing breakable about !

Most of all-have fun-don't fret or spend all the time in the kitchen-make sure you enjoy it!:thumbsup:

Lulu'sMammy;4027207

I'm in the same boat, we live in South wales and our families live up … I'm in the same boat, we live in South wales and our families live up North so we are having a party at each grandparents. One party is a Tinkerbell theme, we have all the tableware, a cake and then inviting family round for a tea party. The other party is Pink theme and were doing the same there, but with a few games etc because the children are older. I'm doing little party bags, and am decorating the room a little. To be honest i am doing this, because family don't get too see her too often and also it's all new to me so i find it quite exciting. The invites went out yesterday and i got my tableware from Tesco and home bargains. What presnts are you buying, because this is where i am struggling. She has every toy imaginable, she has money, premium bonds, and she has enough clothes to fill 3 next stores. So what do i get?? HTH x

My little lads birthday is in feb-so i usually ask for vouchers or money from my good friends as its a long time untl next pressie time (Christmas) so he can spread them through the year. When my little boy was one we got him a ride on toy because he had just mastered walking . For out little girl a slide because her birthay is June.

Save your money for a few months til she needs something !

blackpeppa;4027802

I disagree with the posts that say don't make a fuss.DO MAKE A FUSS. you … I disagree with the posts that say don't make a fuss.DO MAKE A FUSS. you have real a big milestone. just think of all the ups and downs you have had in the last year.enjoy it. it is a party for you as a mum.enjoy YOUR day. x

I agree totally! my son will be 1 in march and I intend to have a party! I'll invite all the babies in the baby group, godparents and family and just have normal party food, Ive managed to get winnie the pooh stuff from woolies really cheap when they closed down, so all I've got left to rort out is the cake and the party bagy which are proving difficult!

What you putting in your partys bags?

do you have a matalan near you, I got my sons christening things reasonably priced from there, sure they had first bday too!:thumbsup:

blackpeppa;4027802

I disagree with the posts that say don't make a fuss.DO MAKE A FUSS. you … I disagree with the posts that say don't make a fuss.DO MAKE A FUSS. you have real a big milestone. just think of all the ups and downs you have had in the last year.enjoy it. it is a party for you as a mum.enjoy YOUR day. x

I agree too, I remember my eldests 1st birthday party like it was yesterday, we had a few of his little friends round for tea and lots of close family. I have all the photos and we still love looking through them.

He is 20 this year xx

its my daughters 1st birthday on thursday and i have gone massively ott! they are only 1 once and its not just for my daughter its for everyone to celebrate what an amazing first year we have had with her. we are having a bday party at the local softplay centre with all her friends (my friends children) where they are putting on cold food and i have done party bags and then a tea party for other friends and family to come round later on. am decorating the house..i have looked on ebay for a party theme..i have gone for the first birthday party hugs and stitches decor and then i have looked around to find it cheapest. its been hard finding presents because we have just had xmas and she got more toys then toys r us so friends are getting her clothes. we have got her older toys for bit later on in the year...for example a smart trike and baby trampoline.they are geting to the creative age where yo can teach them to draw. amazon do great crayola products for babies from 12m+...or you can get them an engraved bangle? hope this helps and just enjoy the day!!

what is this?

a mothers meeting?

Lulu'sMammy;4029393

i have got children from 6 months to 4 yrs (both boys and girls) going to my daughters party so heres a few things that i have put in the party bags:

stickers..mini books..hairclips..pull and go car..bracelets..hand drums..mini cuddly animals..blowouts..punch balloons..bubbles..socks..milkybar buttons..baby raisins..baby biscuits..crayons..just a few ideas for you...hope this helps.

Lulu'sMammy;4029393

At the moment I'm not sure! Might get a little pot of bubbles, a tiny bag of milkybar buttons and I'm trying to get flat wooden teddybear shapes as I've got a friend with a machine to write on wood so I can put their names on them! might turn them into little magnets or door plaques. Also give them a blown up balloon to take home. Might change this!

I've gone all out and bought Barbies and hot wheel cars for the older ones Lol

Lulu'sMammy;4029666

I've gone all out and bought Barbies and hot wheel cars for the older … I've gone all out and bought Barbies and hot wheel cars for the older ones Lol

Theres nothing wrong with that, I've kept it down because I've found from experience that I end up giving more than my children get in their birthday present, I do know it's not all about getting presents but with the cost of the party and food I feel the children have enough and I try not to go over about 70p per party bag!

Original Poster

Hi
Yes, I think it probably is more for me! He wont be bothered if anything he probably wont like all the people round. x

Original Poster

Anyway thank you to all that are replying I have decided that we doing relatively small celebration on Thursday, the birthday, with just me, hubby and his brothers, grandparents. Then Saturday we are having friends and family round for a tea. Hams/meats, potatoes, salad and rice etc. I am going to buy lots and lots of helium baloons, foil ones and normal ones bunched together. We have got fireworks (only very small box to say we have had them) and then we are letting off some big lanterns. So I am alot more organised than I was. Any other suggestions will be taken into account. Thank you for your help :-D
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Which wall design do you like best?1116
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769657
    3. Any PS4 News Here29313901
    4. The Walking Dead Thread (opinion, spoilers Rumors)73570

See more discussions