Groups

My system is crashing all the time, anybody know why?

Banned
    I am having a lot of problems with my system it only work's for about 15 minutes and then crashes.

I spoke with Tiscali who I am with last night and they have escalated the problem but will not be able to contact me until tomorrow morning.

Any ideas on how I can get a useable system this afternoon?

Thanks in advance.

11 Comments

Banned

sorry DLM do you mean you lose internet or your computer crashes

what do you mean by "crash"

like does it freeze?

my old computer used to do that and i recon its because it only had a 220w PSU.

if your hardware is too powerful for the power supply then it will do that.

Banned

fps_d0minat0r;6757300

what do you mean by "crash"like does it freeze?my old computer used to do … what do you mean by "crash"like does it freeze?my old computer used to do that and i recon its because it only had a 220w PSU.if your hardware is too powerful for the power supply then it will do that.

as they have spoken to tiscalli im assuming they dont mean the computer, unless they sell them :?

Original Poster Banned

sassie;6757316

as they have spoken to tiscalli im assuming they dont mean the computer, … as they have spoken to tiscalli im assuming they dont mean the computer, unless they sell them :?

It is my internet it just gives up after about 15 minutes x x

Banned

DLM;6757329

It is my internet it just gives up after about 15 minutes x x

if the problem is with your broadband supplier then not alot you can do, you did do a check on your bt line first

Original Poster Banned

sassie;6757339

if the problem is with your broadband supplier then not alot you can do, … if the problem is with your broadband supplier then not alot you can do, you did do a check on your bt line first

How do I do a bt line check? x x

Banned

DLM;6757367

How do I do a bt line check? x x

you have to use another phone and dial 150 you should always check ya line 1st, did tiscalli not go through anything with you, or just log ya problem. also assume you looked here tiscali.co.uk/for…844

Check your Modem / Router. There might be a option on there that disconnects when you're idle or after every 15 mins..

Banned

noodles1631;6757411

Check your Modem / Router. There might be a option on there that … Check your Modem / Router. There might be a option on there that disconnects when you're idle or after every 15 mins..

im assuming tiscalli would have gone through all this with the op, but am beginning to wonder

unplug everything from the phone lines in the house apart from the router
    update router to latest firmware
    start pinging google using -t
    what are the noise levels like on the line?
    wait the magic 15 mins does the ping time out ?

clean the cables and vacuum the connections in the modem and your PC.......dust may be the cause.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047068
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread422914433
      3. Well Done Turkey, Education improvement1431
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17816341

See more discussions