Groups

my toothbrush wont charge....any ideas?

its a braun toothbrush and I've only had it about 2 months (cant find my reciept) and it wont charge, I've tried my boyfriends charger and that doesnt charge it either but his works fine so I think its the actual toothbrush that has the problem not the charger. anyone got any ideas?
    can I return it without a reciept?

14 Comments

Banned

where you buy it from? if its only two months old take it back to shop, did you pay cash?

Original Poster

sassie;5363498

where you buy it from? if its only two months old take it back to shop, … where you buy it from? if its only two months old take it back to shop, did you pay cash?

I got it from tesco and probably paid by card, I didn't think I'd be able to return it?

Banned

get a new toothbrush

Banned

kirsty1981;5363507

I got it from tesco and probably paid by card, I didn't think I'd be able … I got it from tesco and probably paid by card, I didn't think I'd be able to return it?

if you paid by card, find the statement, and take that with you, if its faulty and will not charge then i dont think you will have any problems with tesco exchanging it for you

Original Poster

fragaliciousbob;5363514

get a new toothbrush

it cost me nearly £30:x:p

kirsty1981;5363507

I got it from tesco and probably paid by card, I didn't think I'd be able … I got it from tesco and probably paid by card, I didn't think I'd be able to return it?

People say a bank statement counts in those situations but i've never tried it.

Is the rechargeable battery in the toothbrush one that you can change?

Original Poster

sassie;5363516

if you paid by card, find the statement, and take that with you, if its … if you paid by card, find the statement, and take that with you, if its faulty and will not charge then i dont think you will have any problems with tesco exchanging it for you

ok thanks I'll give it a try

Original Poster

RedIron;5363526

Is the rechargeable battery in the toothbrush one that you can change?

I dont think so its a moulded handle sort of thing

There is a rechargeable battery in it that can be replaced (I've done it) but on some you have to solder the connection. Try going back to Tesco first, with your Credit Card Statement if available or reprinted online, they will change or refund.

Is it this one? If so, the lower section can be pulled away after breaking the seal with a craft knife.
    http://i40.tinypic.com/6tixog.jpg

If you didn't pay by card, I'd buy another, give it a week then take it back, but say you want a refund as you know someone else that's had one and it broke the same way so don't trust them. :thumbsup:

plug it into the wall and turn the power on

Have you checked that the toothbrush is turned off I also have a Braun one and it will not charge if it is turned on, I let the battery go on mine completely before charging and have sometimes forgot to turn the brush off and after it has been on charge overnight it still wouldnt work as it wont charge when left turned on

kirsty1981;5363507

if you used your card take ur statement in a reciept isnt neccessary to reurn goods, as it isnt neccessary for a company to give you one in the first place all you need is some kind of proof of purchase

Braun cover their toothbrushes for 2 years and are very good at replacing them, you dont need a receipt as they have a date code stamped on them. Call Braun or Gillette customer service and they'll tell you how to return it. Try ]here for starters
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764432
      2. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?1020
      3. Any PS4 News Here29213630
      4. Are these two things distinctly different to you?25101

See more discussions