my university internet RULES!

I need to download windows 7 onto my computer so in the middle of the night ive gone to the social space to use the wireless internet, supposingly they dont have a 1gb limit...

wired in my room i get this speed:

Wireless in the social space i get:

hotukdeals.com/ite…ion that speed in there 10gb up and down

http://www.speedtest.net/result/599033407.png

19 Comments

Welcome to JANET ;-)

Original Poster

whats JANET? and i dont in my room but its still good!

wow! u finished downloading it yet? is it .exe or .iso?

My college has a 100meg download lol

I seemed to get 70 meg 2 years ago in halls and my connection wasnt wired right so I could do online gaming, torrents etc as I never had to log on or register my MAC address.

dcx_badass;6650375

I can do gaming and download from rapidshare at a nice 2800kb/s.

Meh it doesnt really bother me apart from downloading stuff like isos and movies.

I did move into another tiny room on campus as thought the one I was in was dull(massive though and brand new built!) and couldnt download or do games anymore

I have a 24 meg home connection at the moment but get about 12-16 meg as line has noise.

i went to uni from 1999-2002...things were so different then.... internet speeds were the last thing on our minds!

Is windows 7 much different? Bearing in mind never really had a problem with windows vista

I was getting 16 mb then they capped me at 8mb

Original Poster

magicbeans;6651294

i went to uni from 1999-2002...things were so different then.... internet … i went to uni from 1999-2002...things were so different then.... internet speeds were the last thing on our minds!

i didnt care until i needed to download lol ive hardly been on the pc since ive been here. too busy studying :whistling:

Original Poster

internets just improved! haha

http://www.speedtest.net/result/606081575.png

I went to Keele Uni too xx

Original Poster

woo its a lovely place isnt it, when its not raining

good ol' JANET we use to have that at Coventry University as well, and i bet you depending on the way your halls are set out you could connect via a proxy onto Janet - the universities backbone...in our halls we use to get around 512k/128k if we were lucky...proxy it onto the backbone and got speeds simialr to yours, the best i ever recorded was a 60Mb/s down 72Mb/s up.

golemsmate;6723058

woo its a lovely place isnt it, when its not raining

gorgeous xxx

I did Psych and English xx

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;6723094

gorgeous xxxI did Psych and English xx

Im doing Business Management and Human Resource Management. This year they've brought out new modules so im also studying japanese that counts towards my degree! love it!

Original Poster

awoodhall2003;6723083

good ol' JANET we use to have that at Coventry University as well, and i … good ol' JANET we use to have that at Coventry University as well, and i bet you depending on the way your halls are set out you could connect via a proxy onto Janet - the universities backbone...in our halls we use to get around 512k/128k if we were lucky...proxy it onto the backbone and got speeds simialr to yours, the best i ever recorded was a 60Mb/s down 72Mb/s up.

what would happen if i connected via a proxy and how could i do it

golemsmate;6723154

Im doing Business Management and Human Resource Management. This year … Im doing Business Management and Human Resource Management. This year they've brought out new modules so im also studying japanese that counts towards my degree! love it!

I did Astronomy and Jazz music .... lol

Gotta love the way they do that!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2642
    2. Thousands of minimum wage workers to receive part of £2,000,000 compensatio…44
    3. Weekly game codes giveaway 183722
    4. How much would you pay for this chair?1214

See more discussions