my unlimited three sim card on laptop? unlimited internet?

Found 21st Jun
im going to be without home broadband for a week but i have unlimited internet on my phone can i use the sim on laptop for unlimited internet i have 4gb teathing. that will go too quick.

thanks kev
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
No and yes. T&c for 3 handset SIMs do not support tethering any (unlimited) on-handset data, but often there is no practical limitation using certain combinations of hardware / apps. Simplest option that will result in successful undetected tethering of on-handset data allowance will be use of certain handsets such as Oneplus 3t and Sony M2. Otherwise a near guaranteed functional combination is any unlocked non-3-branded Android handset running Marshmallow or earlier with FoxFi app plus FoxFi key. Can also be achieved with an unlocked EE Osprey mifi or similar, but that kinda makes calling and texting difficult, unless you use the 3 In-Touch app.
Why don’t you just put on your personal hotspot on and then connect as wifi on your laptop?
Also check the speed, sometimes three caps it when tethering.
Merry00014 h, 18 m ago

Why don’t you just put on your personal hotspot on and then connect as w …Why don’t you just put on your personal hotspot on and then connect as wifi on your laptop?

"...i have 4gb teathing. that will go too quick..."
arjanvirdi2 h, 17 m ago

Also check the speed, sometimes three caps it when tethering.

Using on-handset data source for cloaked tethering as mentioned in post 1 should not trigger a(ny) restriction associated with the tethered allowance that is not being used.
Dont they give you someting like 30 Gb of Tethering allowance on these Unlimited Plans, if so thats ample for Day to day Browseing and emails on your Lappy, and if you want to Murder the Unlimited for Movie or Music downloads and Streaming then use your Phone to do it.
zirk9 m ago

Dont they give you someting like 30 Gb of Tethering allowance on these …Dont they give you someting like 30 Gb of Tethering allowance on these Unlimited Plans, if so thats ample for Day to day Browseing and emails on your Lappy, and if you want to Murder the Unlimited for Movie or Music downloads and Streaming then use your Phone to do it.

AYCE (unlimited) on-handset data is unrelated to the tethered data allowance. In OP case, arrangement is AYCE on-handset data + 4GB hotspot.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions